Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 U.S. Presidential Race Megathread Mark 2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Brexit x100

mqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

Very very very very happy. Huge opportunity for the middle class to have their voice heard and they took full advantage. After 16 horrible years of Obama and Bush the corrupt media finally get a reality check. Now the truth has a voice at the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

When is the result likely to be confirmed?

It may be a good while yet, unfortunately. My eyes are fallin out of my head but I wouldn't miss a minute of this for the world :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,129 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Very very very very happy. Huge opportunity for the middle class to have their voice heard and they took full advantage. After 16 horrible years of Obama and Bush the corrupt media finally get a reality check. Now the truth has a voice at the top.

Genuinely interested how the middle class will get their voice heard....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

listermint wrote: »
    Healthcare is not in reach of people including those that work.

Its clear from your Irish comfortable seat you have no idea how working people in the US can't send their children for checkups relying solely on charity clinics.

You should really investigate more rather than relying on soundbites

My Irish seat in London I guess.

But isn't that the point in more jobs and better wages? So people can afford basic needs?
    Why would health care only affect Black people? Why are Black people no better off under Obama?

I know I missing something here, and I'm sure you have the answer. Share it with me. Listermint you seem bitter?

• Advertisement

PENN gone to Trump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Jericho Caine

Amazingfun wrote: »
    It may be a good while yet, unfortunately. My eyes are fallin out of my head but I wouldn't miss a minute of this for the world :-)

Have a drink sure, you'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Clinton not coming out apparently. Pedoesta is to speak.

All over, I can't describe how happy I am right now.

Nabber wrote: »
    My Irish seat in London I guess.

But isn't that the point in more jobs and better wages? So people can afford basic needs?
    Why would health care only affect Black people? Why are Black people no better off under Obama?

I know I missing something here, and I'm sure you have the answer. Share it with me. Listermint you seem bitter?

When did I say it only effects black people?

You asked specifically about black people and I answered.

I never once said it was only black people.

I also said working Americans.

It must be super easy sitting cushy with the NHS under you.

Bitter? No just perplexed that people haven't a clue about Conditions there.

How would you fare without the NHS literally existing at all.? Please answer

• Advertisement

This isn't good for Ireland considering the huge numbers of US companies here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭FISMA.

Can't wait to hear what he has to say- go home and check your emails in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

She must have fainted again, got a bit hot knowing she can't be bomber in chief and won't get to use the nuclear weapons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    This isn't good for Ireland considering the huge numbers of US companies here

And now the penny drops :rolleyes:

I have said this at many many occasions.

We are effectively fukered :mad:

FISMA. wrote: »
    Can't wait to hear what he has to say- go home and check your emails in the morning?

Probably something about Pizzas.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭reforger

CBS saying senior Republicans already discussing Obamacare repeal as first major legislative act,with pence and ryan guiding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Lol... I bet the backstage meltdown was epic. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,952 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Are we witnessing neoliberalism and free market economics in its death throws?

All over, I can't describe how happy I am right now.

Same as that, I've been smiling so much my cheeks hurt, lol :)

RobertKK wrote: »
    She must have fainted again, got a bit hot knowing she can't be bomber in chief and won't get to use the nuclear weapons.

Or keep Clinton from receiving money from Saudi Arabia who are funding ISIS, and in turn opening the borders to whoever the hell wanted to come in.

It would have been the end, Germany and France are already a nightmare.

• Advertisement

Sparks43 wrote: »

Between this and Brexit it will likely put Ireland in recession.

Surprised people are celebrating that. If you've nothing to lose in life I suppose

Podesta sending everyone home.

Hillary must be on a drip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Wow, can't quite believe where our country finds itself- between Brexit and president Trump we are truly heading into uncharted waters.

sideswipe wrote: »
    Wow, can't quite believe where our country finds itself- between Brexit and president Trump we are truly heading into uncharted waters.

Yet this thread is covered with all the madness you see on the journal comments sections oh and Facebook.

When did I say it only effects black people?

You asked specifically about black people and I answered.

I never once said it was only black people.

I also said working Americans.

It must be super easy sitting cushy with the NHS under you.

Bitter? No just perplexed that people haven't a clue about Conditions there.

How would you fare without the NHS literally existing at all.? Please answer

Going off topic I guess, but I pay £112 a month on private health care, plus Social Insurance Tax. So it's not free by any means.

My question was specific to the black vote, but I'll take your poor answer.

I think she failed on the Black Vote because historically Black people have a bad turn out. But for racial reasons they came out for Obama, but didn't associate with Clinton. I think Clinton thought because black people didn't want Trump, she thought by default they would vote for her. Enlisting JayZ to help out. But she couldn't motivate the undecideds or anti-Trump to vote for her.

Clinton camp gonna try one last rig?

Sparks43 wrote: »

Perhaps our "leaders" ought to have considered the effect their insults towards Trump might have in the future. But no, virtue signalling was of far greater importance.
    Having said that, Trump employs people here and will want the best for Ireland too. Good things may be on the horizon :)

If I supported Clinton and she didn't come out. I'd be rightly pissed off.

Going off topic I guess, but I pay £112 a month on private health care, plus Social Insurance Tax. So it's not free by any means.

I think she failed on the Black Vote because historically Black people have a bad turn out. But for racial reasons they came out for Obama, but didn't associate with Clinton. I think Clinton thought because black people didn't want Trump, she thought by default they would vote for her. Enlisting JayZ to help out. But she couldn't motivate the undecideds or anti-Trump to vote for her.

What poor answer?

I never said it was just black people relying on it.

You made that up to suit your narrative.

Typical.

So your fortunate enough to be able to afford 112 pound a month but safe in the knowledge the NHS is there should you suffer hard times.

What if you were too ill to work and too ill to afford that health care?

Clueless

• Advertisement

The irony of Jay z rapping about bitches, niggas, and hoes on the Clinton side, then Hillary complaining about Trump...

What poor answer?

I never said it was just black people relying on it.

You made that up to suit your narrative.

Typical.

So your fortunate enough to be able to afford 112 pound a month but safe in the knowledge the NHS is there should you suffer hard times.

Clueless

Are you hinting at Obama care here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

Wonder who gets fired at Paddy Power? :)

Are you hinting at Obama care here?

Thought you wouldn't answer and legit question.

Got exactly what I expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Extremely delusional stuff from Podesta.

We are hitting 07:00 GMT now.
    The flood of SJW is on it's way.
    Will have to put the kid gloves on and prepare to handle these snowflakes.

• Advertisement

If Trump had done what Hillary has done, he would be called a sore loser, bitter and unaccepting of reality.

It is after 2am so maybe she was not up to the job, and if something happened if she was president at 2am, she would sent Podesta out saying she needed her sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

matthew8 wrote: »
    Extremely delusional stuff from Podesta.

Not near a tv.....what did he say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Perhaps our "leaders" ought to have considered the effect their insults towards Trump might have in the future. But no, virtue signalling was of far greater importance.
    Having said that, Trump employs people here and will want the best for Ireland too. Good things may be on the horizon :)

Im going to say this with the utmost respect.

What fcuking planet are you living on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Democracy fails sometimes. It has happened throughout history with false promises and lies. Our politicians are right to call out Trump for what he is as are others throughout the world. it will be interesting what he says in his acceptance speech and if he tries to unite a very divided country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Not near a tv.....what did he say?

He was extremely high energy and gave a very enthusiastic speech about waiting for the rest of the votes to be counted. No indication that defeat was imminent, you would swear she had a 50:50 chance listening to him.

• Advertisement

What poor answer?

Clueless

Fortunate enough?

Yeah going to school, working hard and deciding £112 a month is a good decision to pay for my kids is fortune.
    Sure we can chalk everything down to fortune.

I've worked in place where the homeless of the country make EU and USA homeless people look fortunate. Should I let the homeless people in London know how fortunate they are.

Are the Poor Americans not fortunate to be not living in iraq, Syria...

Cop your self on.. It's policy that has people unable to afford medical care. Making people self sufficient should be the goal, not making them dependent on the state.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,071 ✭✭✭Christy42

If Trump had done what Hillary has done, he would be called a sore loser, bitter and unaccepting of reality.

It is after 2am so maybe she was not up to the job, and if something happened if she was president at 2am, she would sent Podesta out saying she needed her sleep.

Are you going to base everything on hope? It is a little worrying how gleeful you seem over the thought of someone being ill.

A far more likely scenario is she wants any concession speech to include the fact hat she will win the popular vote but is waiting for that to be confirmed.

People would have complained if Trump didn't accept the result after all the votes were counted. We really wouldn't have minded waiting but feel free to make up your own narrative.

John Kasich :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac: had schedules a meeting for Thursday to reclaim the Republican party.
    I guess that is cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Jake Tapper on CNN says a lot of veterans agreed with Trump that the US was getting involved too much in other countries abroad, which Hillary was defending.

Trump had two speeches. one for if he lost and the other if he won, Dana Bash say his winning speech will gracious and will reach out to the Clinton side.

Why?

Why would he be gracious and conciliatory now? Do you think when the "Lock Her Up" chants start he's going to ask them to dial it down?

Christy42 wrote: »
    Are you going to base everything on hope? It is a little worrying how gleeful you seem over the thought of someone being ill.

A far more likely scenario is she wants any concession speech to include the fact hat she will win the popular vote but is waiting for that to be confirmed.

People would have complained if Trump didn't accept the result after all the votes were counted. We really wouldn't have minded waiting but feel free to make up your own narrative.

She is not ill, apart from being sick from losing.

She felt entitled and believed 100% she would win, after all the strategy was to promote Trump during the primaries, so she could win easily.

She is just a bad loser, and good riddance to the war queen.

Trump is meant to speak soon.

Jawgap wrote: »
    Why?

Why would he be gracious and conciliatory now? Do you think when the "Lock Her Up" chants start he's going to ask them to dial it down?

Don't shoot the messenger.

Just reporting what Dana Bash on CNN reported.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

What exactly does that slogan mean?

You really think Trump has spoken truthfully even on the majority of occasions he uttered something? Here's an extract from an NYT article....
    He lied about the loan his father once gave him.

He lied about his company’s bankruptcies.

He lied about his federal financial-disclosure forms.

He lied about his endorsements.

He lied about “stop and frisk.”

He lied about “birtherism.”

He lied about New York.

He lied about Michigan and Ohio.

He lied about Palm Beach, Fla.

He lied about Janet Yellen and the Federal Reserve.

He lied about the trade deficit.

He lied about Hillary Clinton’s tax plan.

He lied about her child-care plan.

He lied about China devaluing its currency.

He lied about Mexico having the world’s largest factories.

He lied about the United States’s nuclear arsenal.

He lied about NATO’s budget.

He lied about NATO’s terrorism policy.

Fortunate enough?

Yeah going to school, working hard and deciding £112 a month is a good decision to pay for my kids is fortune.
    Sure we can chalk everything down to fortune.

I've worked in place where the homeless of the country make EU and USA homeless people look fortunate. Should I let the homeless people in London know how fortunate they are.

Are the Poor Americans not fortunate to be not living in iraq, Syria...

Cop your self on.. It's policy that has people unable to afford medical care. Making people self sufficient should be the goal, not making them dependent on the state.

So you didn't answer the question okay.

Good for you.

Transparent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

Canada better hurry up and build that wall. :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement