Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 U.S. Presidential Race Megathread Mark 2.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I'd take all of Trumps flaws over lying to the victims families of Benghazi then going on TV and calling them liars. She's on another level entirely. She's gotten away with murder and I hope justice will be served.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Trump wins Wisconsin, 13 electoral votes away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

RobertKK wrote: »
    Don't shoot the messenger.

Just reporting what Dana Bash on CNN reported.

Sorry, wasn't having a go at you, just raising the point that he has his 'winning formula' so why change it now?

Everyone expected a more conciliatory attitude when he won the primary and it never materialised, so I wouldn't be too surprised if he doesn't continue with the small minded, paranoia fueled, hate encouraging tone that got him this far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Now watch Russia in the next few weeks start expanding into Eastern Europe...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,129 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I'd take all of Trumps flaws over lying to the victims families of Benghazi then going on TV and calling them liars. She's on another level entirely. She's gotten away with murder and I hope justice will be served.

You care as much about families of a few soldiers in benghazi as much as trump does.

Which is not at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭vetinari

Where do people get the idea that Trump will be gracious? He hasn't been so far.

....as opposed to Trump's repeated and very public attacks on the Khans, including responding to Mr Khan's statement that he (Trump) had “sacrificed nothing,” and had lost no one.......with this gem.....
    “I think I’ve made a lot of sacrifices,” Mr. Trump replied. “I’ve worked very, very hard. I’ve created thousands and thousands of jobs.”

Most of the betting sites have shut up shop. I think I got 10/1 on Trump earlier on pokerstars, wish I threw more than 15 quid on it. Had a gut feeling for months he'd win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

listermint wrote: »
    You care as much about families of a few soldiers in benghazi as much as trump does.

Which is not at all.

That's speculation

Where as Hillary lack of respect is fact to quote her "What does it matter anymore"

Also like how you put emphasis on 'a few soldiers' like the quantity matters.

• Advertisement

Jawgap wrote: »
    ....as opposed to Trump's repeated and very public attacks on the Khans, including responding to Mr Khan's statement that he (Trump) had “sacrificed nothing,” and had lost no one.......with this gem.....

No blood on his hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Today, is one of the most depressing days of my life. I'm totally shocked. Not surprised, but shocked all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

So the US has a Rep President, Rep Senate, Rep House?

Nabber wrote: »
    That's speculation

Where as Hillary lack of respect is fact to quote her "What does it matter anymore"

Does it?

Political football nonsense no one really cares.

More bodies from American foreign policy with the republicans in charge this will continue.

Its weird people think this will change.

They farm young Republican working class for the military.

Hillary has called Trump to concede, only right.

President elect Donald J Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

PA called for Trump. TRUMP WINS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

BBC are reporting an NBC journalist has talked to Hillary and she has conceded.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭FISMA.

Trump wins pa!!! Trump wins!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,067 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

CNN reported same phonecall from HRC to Don.

CNN say Trump could yet win Minnesota.

• Advertisement

Clinton calls trump to concede...

To think Mike Pence as a child would holiday in Ireland and help his Irish relations making hay on their farm.

President Trump!!!!!!'n

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

To think Mike Pence as a child would holiday in Ireland and help his Irish relations making hay on their farm.

Just like the Moneygall Obamas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Wow! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,606 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Dear God

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,690 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Assange hinted the emails closer to the election are far worse than that we've see so far. Joke she's gotten away with everything for so long. There's literally emails of them talking about the foundation of how to hide the corruption. FBI sold their soul.

Trump has gotten away with well documented corruption too though. Perhaps he was just just so brazen about it and that's why people look past it.

He's a conman and neither were/are fit for the role.

Prepare to see 4 years+ of the dismantling of any progressive legislation. The stifling of civil rights of many many people, the lining up pockets of military contractors, same old same old business men and Trump himself.

America needs a long hard look at itself. Overdue a third party that could make in grounds but people voted on the very simple and empty promise of jobs and immigration.

Don't blame people for not wanting Clinton, but seriously Donald fckn Trump. An heir, a failed businessman multiple times over, a conman, a misogynist, a xenophobe. Its just short of having Palin as his secretary of state to bein a fascist led country imo

Donald is very emotional

No blood on his hands.

....and there's blood on Clinton's hands - how did you figure that out given as SoS she would have been outside the chain of command?

A European First Lady!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭cantwbr1

Will we now get to see his tax returns?

Quite amazing that Romney got absolutely slammed for using the phrase "binders full of women" (when he meant to say "binders of resumes of women")......and Trump suffers practically zero fallout from being an out and out misogynist......some of the polling data coming in shows that in some states he performed stronger among women than Clinton!!

We have a supervillian In control of the nuclear codes. I am worried, bigly

They say the farm was worth a couple of pence

Yes with the dinosaurs walking alongside.

Good times.

Jawgap wrote: »
    ....and there's blood on Clinton's hands - how did you figure that out given as SoS she would have been outside the chain of command?

Because the Benghazi guards she hired under her watch were terrorists who turned on the facility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

So many former US politicians will turn in their graves today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

vetinari wrote: »
    Where do people get the idea that Trump will be gracious? He hasn't been so far.

Sounded pretty gracious for the few minutes I listen to his acceptance speech

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

te7oGwc.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

I don't blame Trump and I don't blame the millions of people that voted for him. The same with Brexit. Plenty of angry, racist rhetoric on both sides of the water, but the real story is that the political establishment cannot perpetually ride roughshod over people. It turned out to be Trump and Brexit, but it could have been someone else and some other act of defiance.

2016, when the chickens came home to roost.

Weepsie wrote: »
    Trump has gotten away with well documented corruption too though. Perhaps he was just just so brazen about it and that's why people look past it.

He's a conman and neither were/are fit for the role.

Prepare to see 4 years+ of the dismantling of any progressive legislation. The stifling of civil rights of many many people, the lining up pockets of military contractors, same old same old business men and Trump himself.

America needs a long hard look at itself. Overdue a third party that could make in grounds but people voted on the very simple and empty promise of jobs and immigration.

Don't blame people for not wanting Clinton, but seriously Donald fckn Trump. An heir, a failed businessman multiple times over, a conman, a misogynist, a xenophobe. Its just short of having Palin as his secretary of state to bein a fascist led country imo

Big business are quids in.

And the wealthy.

This gives nothing to working people.

Laugh able really.

Very good speech by Trump.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

As with Brexit and to a lesser extent the Irish Election , the US people would seem to have allowed their not unreasonable anger and frustration at a broken system over-ride common sense.

Just as Brexit is absolutely not the right thing for the UK , Trump is absolutely not the right thing for the US in terms of fixing the things that are broken.

The Frustrated "Ordinary guy" has just voted for self-immolation to clear up a rash.

As I previously said , I totally understand that people were/are frustrated with the system in the US. Just as I understood peoples frustration in the UK and as I understood people in Ireland feeling that they had missed out on any recovery that was being described by Government.

But the reaction to that shouldn't be a vote for utter chaos , which is what they are now seeing in the UK with Brexit , which awaits the US with Trump and that we are beginning to see here in Ireland with a neutered government having to roll over for every union request that comes their way..

Will people learn the hard way?

Sounded pretty gracious for the few minutes I listen to his acceptance speech

Hitler waited a few hours before starting to round up the Jews....

Surgeon General Ben Carson on the stage! Where's Attorney General Christie!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

This speech is a rambling mess, like the next 4 years will be.

Because the Benghazi guards she hired under her watch were terrorists who turned on the facility.

So should Trump be held to account for all the hiring decisions in his organisation, or is this just another case of the double standard in operation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

Grand victory speech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Akrasia wrote: »
    Hitler waited a few hours before starting to round up the Jews....

Goodwinned minutes after his acceptance speech.

Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

I stayed up until 3am to watch the votes start to come in, and even as his rise continued, I still didn't think he would actually win, you could see the markets **** itself even when he was just leading the voting in certain states like Florida, and still everyone thought no way is h going to win.

Just woke up and it feels an even bigger shock than Brexit, bigger shock than Leicester winning the league, or Ireland beating the All Blacks. Unbelievable.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement