Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 U.S. Presidential Race Megathread Mark 2.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Calina wrote: »
    The problem - as I see it - is I just don't have time to keep abreast of who's who in conspiracy theory thinking and, more importantly, it's starting to mainstream for some reason. Pointing and laughing doesn't really help because it reinforces the isolation and conviction that the other (more reasonable) side don't know the Truth. It's particularly an issue given the mainstreaming of Breitbart.

I'm not sure what the solution is. Education usually works but I can't help feeling it'll get attacked as lefty brainwashing.
    There's a simple test I use and it invariably works. If somebody posts a link to some blog or 'news' site that I've never seen before, I check out (a) the site generally and (b) the particular claim inherent in the link.

If they hold up, then I can assume that the site or blog is pretty accurate and unbiased. If they don't then I never look at another link to them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

We were never entering uncharted waters with Obama, he was elected based on a false promise of hope. Since day one when he entered the white house he has been working on behalf of the elite while telling lies to the people. The middle class and the millions of African Americans that voted for him are worse off now than back in 2008.

The world is in worse shape now than pre 1929, all economies around the world are now interlinked, world is over populated and the US dollar backed financial system we have been on since after world war 2 is coming to an end.

NATO's ambitions are to create war and unrest building military bases complete with missiles around Russia and China, how is that making the world safe? The constant anti Russia propaganda we are hearing in the controlled western has some now saying we must strike Russia first.

Trump is better for world peace as he is not connected to the global elites and current establishment that operate the world like a serf feudal system. Trump has shown to be strong, independent, holding his own on stage and not allowed himself to be directed by special interest groups like Hillary has done.

Hillary on the other hand has to be specially minded by her handlers, everything she says is prescripted with fake smiles and fake personality.

The 22nd Amendment means nothing to this establishment during times of crisis's. It is they that are preparing America for martial law with the biggest deployment of military equipment across the country since world war 2.

Mike Pence has said in an interview on NBC yesterday that both himself and Trump will release their tax returns. And for the false accusations of rape would Trumps sons and daughters be shown the massive love towards Trump both before and during this election if they were anyway true. Given the one sided and distorted coverage by the controlled media Trump is still standing strong. But will he be allowed win by the global elites, with a collapse in the financial system I wouldn't rule out an Obama third term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

We were never entering uncharted waters with Obama, he was elected based on a false promise of hope. Since day one when he entered the white house he has been working on behalf of the elite while telling lies to the people. The middle class and the millions of African Americans that voted for him are worse off now than back in 2008.

The world is in worse shape now than pre 1929, all economies around the world are now interlinked, world is over populated and the US dollar backed financial system we have been on since after world war 2 is coming to an end.

NATO's ambitions are to create war and unrest building military bases complete with missiles around Russia and China, how is that making the world safe? The constant anti Russia propaganda we are hearing in the controlled western has some now saying we must strike Russia first.

Trump is better for world peace as he is not connected to the global elites and current establishment that operate the world like a serf feudal system. Trump has shown to be strong, independent, holding his own on stage and not allowed himself to be directed by special interest groups like Hillary has done.

Hillary on the other hand has to be specially minded by her handlers, everything she says is prescripted with fake smiles and fake personality.

The 22nd Amendment means nothing to this establishment during times of crisis's. It is they that are preparing America for martial law with the biggest deployment of military equipment across the country since world war 2.

Mike Pence has said in an interview on NBC yesterday that both himself and Trump will release their tax returns. And for the false accusations of rape would Trumps sons and daughters be shown the massive love towards Trump both before and during this election if they were anyway true. Given the one sided and distorted coverage by the controlled media Trump is still standing strong. But will he be allowed win by the global elites, with a collapse in the financial system I wouldn't rule out an Obama third term.

His first wife under oath said he raped her. So is his loving daughters mother a liar for cash?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

The debates will be fascinating.

Trump needs to land damaging blows.... Hillary just needs to avoid his traps and slanging matches.

I reckon she will win in November by 56:44 of the popular vote.

Not a vintage contest

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

But will he be allowed win by the global elites, with a collapse in the financial system I wouldn't rule out an Obama third term.

Mod note:

This forum is for serious political discussion. If you want to discuss conspiracy theories about global elites, NATO have secret plans to start a war, American preparing for martial law etc, unless there is clear and reliable evidence for same please post there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,311 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The middle class and the millions of African Americans that voted for him are worse off now than back in 2008.
    Can you qualify that statement at all?
    By "coming to an end" you mean the Gold Standard that hasn't been around since 1933? It sounds like you're trying to link this to Obama somehow, and I just don't get it.
    Again I should remind readers that Trump has frequently wondered in the last several months why we have nukes if we aren't going to use them. So if you're worried about a First Strike, you should consider that.

As for the M.A.D. game we've been playing for the better part of a century, the Pentagon has more to do with that than the White House does. That said, you're again backing a candidate who questions why we don't use more military forces and regularly uses phrases like "bomb the **** out of them."

I'm not sure how you can argue that Trump is not connected to the Illuminati "Global Elites" while at the same time argue our economies are interconnected. Trump being a billionaire [citation needed] would be part of that establishment. Oh, that includes schmoozing with the Clinton Foundation.

As for saying he's "Strong, independent, holding his own on stage and not allowed himself to be bla bla SIGs" you must be kidding right? He was last seen tanking his own campaign, ridiculing a Gold Star family, reacting to tweets, and pissing off his own party. Since then he's played it a little bit cooler specifically and only because he is under stricter control. The campaign is not his anymore, it's the Republican Party's.
    I'm pretty qualified to say that sounds like tinfoil hat nonsense. The 22nd has never been overstepped, it's plainly clear in its language. As I pointed out, there have been plenty of periods since 22A where far more dire crises were underway, yet nothing happened to affect 22A. Build your bunker though, Home Depot could use the business.

Unless they actually release the returns, saying they're going to release the returns means nothing. Trump has talked about releasing his returns since 2011. And it doesn't surprise me his children show "love" for the cameras, they're just as money driven as their father. Why would you disown the guy who has the family name in a sense? They'd be out on their ass, and why would they do that? For principles? Don't make me laugh. The real question is why does Trump keep his ex wives on gag orders? Why is he afraid of what they have to say?

As for this third term nonsense I will add that I will close my account if it happens (it won't). You're more likely to see Bernie Sanders become the next President.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Hillary would need a miracle to win it now. With the debates still to come and Hillary's health problems it looks like Trump will win in a landslide. The only other option open to the elites now is to begin the next financial crisis in October and cancel the elections keeping Obama for a third term.

Mod:

This is the second time you've made the claim Obama will get a third term.

Stop with the Conspiracy Theory stuff, Overheal linked to the forum on our site for that site. Either use it for CT stuff or you'll be banned from the forum.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Brian? wrote: »
    Yes. Was this a crime? No.

Respectfully, that is a crime. It is a violation of the Code pertaining to the handling of classified materials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Respectfully, that is a crime. It is a violation of the Code pertaining to the handling of classified materials.

I'd say Hillary is more likely to win this election despite breaking US laws related to classified material than Trump is for the offense of having poor PR skills.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I think it's been explained enough times that it wasn't. Let's move on.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    I'd say Hillary is more likely to win this election despite breaking US laws related to classified material than Trump is for the offense of having poor PR skills.

Well he did also invite Russia to hack us for his own political gain.

Speaking of breaking laws, Trump is no spring chicken.

http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2016/08/31/424863.htm

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/republican-debate-fact-checking-donald-trumps-use-of-immigrant-labor/

Overheal wrote: »
    Well he did also invite Russia to hack us for his own political gain.

Speaking of breaking laws, Trump is no spring chicken.

http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2016/08/31/424863.htm

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/republican-debate-fact-checking-donald-trumps-use-of-immigrant-labor/

Hillary should give back all the donations she received from foreign sponsors. Not going to see that anytime soon. The list of Democratic candidates that were passed over for Clinton shows that the donations she has received have made all the difference this campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Thought these photos taken of obama were very interesting. The first photo is his very first State of the Union address as president and the second is his last State of the Union address. What a difference

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/zTdCov5

Thought these photos taken of obama were very interesting. The first photo is his very first State of the Union address as president and the second is his last State of the Union address. What a difference

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/zTdCov5

Great President for a great country. I hope whoever is the next President can also heal the divisions that America & the world are in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Hillary would need a miracle to win it now. With the debates still to come and Hillary's health problems...
    What health problems? Hillary Clinton has a letter from her MD, just like Donald Trump has a letter from his MD, both saying their health qualifies them for the Oval Office. All other opinions about Clinton's or Trump's health qualifications for office are just partisan-biased spin of no factual merit.

I think it's been explained enough times that it wasn't. Let's move on.

Did she and her staff transmit classified materials on an unsecured network?

Did she provide said classified materials to individuals who did not hold clearances?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Black Swan wrote: »
    What health problems? Hillary Clinton has a letter from her MD, just like Donald Trump has a letter from his MD, both saying their health qualifies them for the Oval Office. All other opinions about Clinton's or Trump's health qualifications for office are just partisan-biased spin of no factual merit.

Google are now accused of hiding search results related to Hilary Clinton's health.....They are manipulating what people are seeing with Clinton also having close links to a senior Google executive..... bad times ahead for the US whatever the result....

Did she provide said classified materials to individuals who did not hold clearances?

Whatever you might say about this situation. We are seeing echo's of Watergate in this affair. Deleted e-mails and phones smashed is an indication of a cover up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭Count Dooku

yes
    20160904%20-%20Clinton%20Email%20TOR.JPG

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,659 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

This is going round and round in circles at this stage. Unless you have something new to add then move on please.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/clinton-democrats-hacking-dnc-october-surprise-226743

The first major leak was just before the Democratic National Convention and it did cause major problems for the party.

The Democrats are worried the October surprise will be another release of information by Wikileaks.
    Clinton supporters worry that Russian-backed hackers may indeed have free rein to try to influence the November election, depending on what information they’ve stolen and when they plan to release it. (The Aspen group also warned that the hackers may “salt the files they release with plausible forgeries” to worsen the fallout.) WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, whose site released the DNC emails July 22, has refused to confirm or deny their origins but has told CNN that he might release “a lot more material," noting that “they are having so much political impact in the United States.”
    Democrats like veteran political strategist Craig Varoga can easily see the worst-case scenario. “In all likelihood, Russia and Assange are already planning an October surprise to influence our election and otherwise destabilize the Western alliance,” he said in an interview.
    “We may be headed into uncharted waters, and this has the potential to spiral out of control,” said longtime Democratic operative Jim Manley, a former spokesman for Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid

It could be the first US presidential election decided by cyber security or the lack of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,606 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Trump is pulling ahead of Clinton in the latest polls.

The apocalypse is nigh

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-donald-trump-ahead-hillary-clinton-new-polls-latest-a7225971.html

Clinton, the most disliked democratic nominee in history is in danger of losing to the most disliked republican nominee in history.

It's time for an end to the two party system.

Political satire is officially redundant. Reality is more absurd than anything that could be imagined at this point.

I'm not really seeing the political impact Assange is on about tbh. If it wasn't the emails there would be another issue the political anoraks on both sides would dig their teeth into.

On the polls, it just seems to be Trump climbing back to where he should be. He's still losing key demographics, or even more unpopular than Republicans normally are among Latinos or African Americans.

He's losing the college graduate vote which the Republicans always win.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

K-9 wrote: »
    I'm not really seeing the political impact Assange is on about tbh. If it wasn't the emails there would be another issue the political anoraks on both sides would dig their teeth into.

On the polls, it just seems to be Trump climbing back to where he should be. He's still losing key demographics, or even more unpopular than Republicans normally are among Latinos or African Americans.

He's losing the college graduate vote which the Republicans always win.

The problem is the Democrats on their biggest week of the election - their convention had the Wikileaks release the information that got their now former chairperson Debbie Wasserman Schultz into a position where she was no longer tenable as chairperson and she had to resign.
    That was a major impact by Assange, it also reinforced the views that it was not a level playing field in the Democratic Party.

Lets for the sake of things go along with the Russia behind the hacking, Trump has seemed more open to better relations with Russia than Clinton, and Clinton and the Russians have gone head to head over Ukraine and Syria.
    Next month we see if there is any more dirty laundry that will be unwantingly aired in public.
    I am inclined to think there will be, the convention was a good time to show the bias in the party towards Clinton, it got it's desired results as it created some turmoil.
    Maybe just before the final debate on the 19th October for any big revelation that might be just there waiting to be released?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Akrasia wrote: »
    Trump is pulling ahead of Clinton in the latest polls.

The apocalypse is nigh

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-donald-trump-ahead-hillary-clinton-new-polls-latest-a7225971.html

Clinton, the most disliked democratic nominee in history is in danger of losing to the most disliked republican nominee in history.

It's time for an end to the two party system.

Political satire is officially redundant. Reality is more absurd than anything that could be imagined at this point.

I think that is the hilarious thing about the aftermath of the election, the losing side will wonder how the hell did they lose it.:p

I honestly think many of the other republican nominations would have beaten Clinton, while Bern would have smashed Trump as he would have gutted a lot of the Trump working class support.

Clinton will win, but the fact that its not an absolute cert less than 2 months before the election is frightening.

A pretty good article explaining the Clinton hate
    http://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/09/dont-underestimate-the-power-of-hillary-hate/

And this which should worry Clinton.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/05/us/politics/young-blacks-voice-skepticism-on-hillary-clinton-worrying-democrats.html

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I think that is the hilarious thing about the aftermath of the election, the losing side will wonder how the hell did they lose it.:p

I honestly think many of the other republican nominations would have beaten Clinton, while Bern would have smashed Trump as he would have gutted a lot of the Trump working class support.

Clinton will win, but the fact that its not an absolute cert less than 2 months before the election is frightening.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/09/dont-underestimate-the-power-of-hillary-hate/

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/05/us/politics/young-blacks-voice-skepticism-on-hillary-clinton-worrying-democrats.html

Republicans need a hard schism from the tea party element of their party. The fact that a centrist like Kasich or Johnson, both of whom would have a strong chance in a general election, can't even get a look in during the primaries, is a serious problem for them.

Had the Tea Party any balls, they would have formed a new party. But the two parties are a force unto themselves, it's not just a letter next to your name it's a whole force of HQs and call centers and slush funds throughout the country. The party's have done such a good job of keeping new competition out that they're more or less stuck with the elements they have short of imploding on themselves.

Republicans need a hard schism from the tea party element of their party. The fact that a centrist like Kasich or Johnson, both of whom would have a strong chance in a general election, can't even get a look in during the primaries, is a serious problem for them.

The fact that the GOP still have plenty of people wanting to run on a GOP ticket shows how popular and well reflective of the population they are unlike the Democrats who had 3 and Clinton was a shoe in to win who nobody likes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Of course it is an absolute cert. They could dust off Dukakis and he'd beat Trump.

Arizona is neck and neck. Trump may even take McCain down with him.

• Advertisement

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    The fact that the GOP still have plenty of people wanting to run on a GOP ticket shows how popular and well reflective of the population they are unlike the Democrats who had 3 and Clinton was a shoe in to win who nobody likes.

Depends on how you look at it. Aside from those delegates who were with Sanders, it could just as much be a reflection with how many party members were ready to back Hillary. There was a much wider field in 2008, given how tight the race was, it seemed somewhat inevitable the party would gravitate to Clinton.

In the same vein it shows you just how discordant the GOP is: if you remember, they fired Boehner as the Speaker of the House and spent a fair amount of time figuring out his replacement. The party had a very difficult time agreeing to Paul Ryan, and even after he was picked, a good chunk of the party considered him a RINO, bla bla bla.

Overheal wrote: »
    Depends on how you look at it. Aside from those delegates who were with Sanders, it could just as much be a reflection with how many party members were ready to back Hillary. There was a much wider field in 2008, given how tight the race was, it seemed somewhat inevitable the party would gravitate to Clinton.

In the same vein it shows you just how discordant the GOP is: if you remember, they fired Boehner as the Speaker of the House and spent a fair amount of time figuring out his replacement. The party had a very difficult time agreeing to Paul Ryan, and even after he was picked, a good chunk of the party considered him a RINO, bla bla bla.

The people also loved when Boehner retorted to Barack Obama. Passionate support from four corners of America.

And yet they control the Senate and the House. They may lose control of the Senate in November, but they'll hold the house. Added to that, the GOP have more Governors than the Dems. They don't actually have much of a problem.

they/them/theirs

RobertKK wrote: »
    The problem is the Democrats on their biggest week of the election - their convention had the Wikileaks release the information that got their now former chairperson Debbie Wasserman Schultz into a position where she was no longer tenable as chairperson and she had to resign.
    That was a major impact by Assange, it also reinforced the views that it was not a level playing field in the Democratic Party.

Lets for the sake of things go along with the Russia behind the hacking, Trump has seemed more open to better relations with Russia than Clinton, and Clinton and the Russians have gone head to head over Ukraine and Syria.
    Next month we see if there is any more dirty laundry that will be unwantingly aired in public.
    I am inclined to think there will be, the convention was a good time to show the bias in the party towards Clinton, it got it's desired results as it created some turmoil.
    Maybe just before the final debate on the 19th October for any big revelation that might be just there waiting to be released?

Hillary took a big lead in the polls after the convention so no big impact whatsoever. As I said it might matter to the anoraks but not to the electorate.

Clinton really would lose to any other candidate except Cruz.

Every time people point out Hillary's weaknesses it's too easy to just say "but Trump".

And every time the Democrats look weak it's too easy to look at the Republicans and point out Trump and Cruz took 70% of the vote in the primaries.

And yet they control the Senate and the House. They may lose control of the Senate in November, but they'll hold the house. Added to that, the GOP have more Governors than the Dems. They don't actually have much of a problem.

Welcome back.

They have failed to win the Presidency for what is looking like 3 straight elections. I would call that an issue.

How much of their Congressional success is the result of better appeal against the Democratic platform versus gerrymandered electoral districts?

• Advertisement

Welcome back.

Where did I go?

They have failed to win the Presidency for what is looking like 3 straight elections. I would call that an issue.

How much of their Congressional success is the result of better appeal against the Democratic platform versus gerrymandered electoral districts?

They lost 2 unwinnable elections. I'm not convinced Trump will lose.

they/them/theirs

Where did I go?

I thought you must have given your failure to respond to previous posts.

They lost 2 unwinnable elections. I'm not convinced Trump will lose.

It would take a miracle for him to win the election. Unless something health related occurs or a whopper of a revelation from Clinton's email hack, it's in the bag for her.

Well,

crimes-against-geography.png

image067.png

maryland-03.jpg

gerrymandering1.png

516x525

I thought you must have given your failure to respond to previous posts.

What posts? There was mod direction to move on from the Clinton emails.
    It would take a miracle for him to win the election. Unless something health related occurs or a whopper of a revelation from Clinton's email hack, it's in the bag for her.

It should be in the bag for Clinton. By even winning the nomination, Trump has defied logic.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

To me as an outsider the republican party seems to be broader than the democrats. So for senate and congress you always get a candidate that the local republicans and neutrals can get behind but when it comes to the presidency there is a always a big disconnect between the candidate and some chunk the republican voterbase.

• Advertisement

To me as an outsider the republican party seems to be broader than the democrats. So for senate and congress you always get a candidate that the local republicans and neutrals can get behind but when it comes to the presidency there is a always a big disconnect between the candidate and some chunk the republican voterbase.

You're not far off. There are a huge number of moderate Republican voters but they simply don't shout loud enough in the presidential primaries to be heard, I suppose that's because they are moderate.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Washington Post have released the results of a 50 state poll they've done. The most notable results are:
    • Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan appear to be closer than in the past few elections.
    • Arizona, Georgia and Texas are now swing states. Clinton is leading Texas (sample size of 5,000) and Arizona (sample size of 2,000) by 1 point in a 2 way race.
    • Both Clinton and Trump lead by more than 4 points in 20 states. That equates to 244 electoral votes for Clinton and only 126 electoral votes for Trump.
    • Clinton leads with college educated whites by 19%. Trump leads with uneducated whites by 18%.

The race does tighten when all 4 candidates are included with Stein and Johnson pulling more support from Clinton than Trump. I think it's likely that third party candidates will lose some support in tight states by election day due to prevent a Trump victory.

It's odd, Clinton doing well in Texas, Georgia and North Carolina, who'd have thunk that? Still, she'll hardly carry them.

Encouraging for Trump is the likes of Ohio and Iowa up for grabs. Utah looks like it could be a fascinating race and Trump could lose it.

It's odd, Clinton doing well in Texas, Georgia and North Carolina, who'd have thunk that? Still, she'll hardly carry them.

Encouraging for Trump is the likes of Ohio and Iowa up for grabs. Utah looks like it could be a fascinating race and Trump could lose it.

Everything about this election is bizarre. I sort understand Trump doing well in Ohio, he's capturing the angry white vote quite well. But Clinton turning states like Arizona and Georgia makes no sense to me. Unless insulting veterans, specifically John McCain, has damaged Trump's support in Arizona.

Having lived on Az and worked with many veterans who were registered Republicans I can almost see it. Georgia is baffling though.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Texas, Georgia and Arizona all have large minority populations. The only reason Republicans can win in Texas, Arizona and Nevada is because Latinos have terrible turnout rates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

The only reason Republicans can win in Texas, Arizona and Nevada is because Latinos have terrible turnout rates.

I think Trump may have changed that, single-handed!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

Latest CNN/ORC Poll has Trump 2percent ahead of Clinton which follows on from other national pools this week like Rasmussen and Reuters/Ipsos which also shows Trump ahead yet RTE news were saying yesterday Clinton was pulling ahead in the recent polls. You'd have to wonder about some of the reporting on this election. Trump should run away with it from here on, with his advertising war chest now opened and the debates to come we could be looking at a total landslide if this continues. Hillary Clinton is a walking disaster at this stage, couldn't even give a speech in Ohio yesterday due to another one of her fits of coughs.

Latest CNN/ORC Poll has Trump 2percent ahead of Clinton which follows on from other national pools this week like Rasmussen and Reuters/Ipsos which also shows Trump ahead yet RTE news were saying yesterday Clinton was pulling ahead in the recent polls. You'd have to wonder about some of the reporting on this election. Trump should run away with it from here on, with his advertising war chest now opened and the debates to come we could be looking at a total landslide if this continues. Hillary Clinton is a walking disaster at this stage, couldn't even give a speech in Ohio yesterday due to another one of her fits of coughs.

You don't have to wonder about the reporting. Individual polls have Trump ahead, but the majority of polls have Clinton winning handily.

they/them/theirs

The likes of RTE or BBC will wait to see if a trend develops before calling any momentum either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/president/

As you can see 3 national polls yesterday in 1 Clinton is ahead depending is two way or 4 way by either 4 or 6 1 tie and one trump is ahead either 1 or 2 points.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

On the average it is 3.3 ahead for Clinton.

The last key event will be I agree debates the core for both is locked in by now the issue is the floating vote and where that will land.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement