Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 U.S. Presidential Race Megathread Mark 2.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Amerika wrote: »
    His win? And rightly so.

And he’s winning the transition from candidate to president, also. Although the mainstream media is attacking him for every decision he makes, it’s not affecting him with the voters and he’s just becoming more popular.

He's winning the transition? Brilliant.

How's the swamp draining going?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

20Cent wrote: »
    Whether I choose him or not for "State"- Rex Tillerson, the Chairman & CEO of ExxonMobil, is a world class player and dealmaker. Stay tuned!

It's exactly like he thinks he's hosting a game show. Stay tuned!
    Just pick your cabinet no need for the teaser trailers ffs.

Trump seems to be of the opinion that International Diplomacy and business deal making are the same skill..

I don't think so , nor do a lot of people it seems.. If he's wrong there could (will?) be some significant damage done across the globe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

Brian? wrote: »
    He's winning the transition? Brilliant.

How's the swamp draining going?

You can’t drain the swamp without having some in your administration that know how to deal with Washington. And a good start to draining the swap would be: A five-year ban on White House and congressional officials lobbying after they leave government. A lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government. A complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections. Would be nice if he can get it done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

His win? And rightly so.

And he’s winning the transition from candidate to president, also. Although the mainstream media is attacking him for every decision he makes, it’s not affecting him with the voters and he’s just becoming more popular.

He will have the lowest favourability rating of any president ever to take office, how is he winning? also his ratings on handling the transition and building his cabinet are also among the lowest ever?

presidentelectfavorability.png

Inquitus wrote: »
    He will have the lowest favourability rating of any president ever to take office, how is he winning? also his ratings on handling the transition and building his cabinet are also among the lowest ever?

presidentelectfavorability.png

Trumps favorability rating before the election was at 37%. Of the presidents you listed, do you know who have had the greatest favorable increases from before the election to afterward?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,061 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

It's very unlikely this will be felt by the hides of Don or the Republican Party, or even commented-on by the party. However I reckon that Don will give the story legs by twittering on it.

Some electoral college members have written to the Dir of Nat Int, James Clapper, asking for a briefing on the reports that Russian Govt interfered in the election. The request probably won't show or reveal anything definite proving an illegality, if the people allegedly involved are really up to the job.

According to the reports, nine of the letter signatories are Dem with one Republican the 10th. I don't know the names or history of some of the media sources running the story, mindful of some headline-grabbing attention-seeking media sources, I'm not using the ones I saw. I went to The Washington Post instead, it's running this on the reports....

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjLzerSu-_QAhVDLMAKHWHKAEIQFggZMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fpolitics%2Felectoral-college-members-request-intelligence-briefing%2F2016%2F12%2F12%2F5d5df738-c08f-11e6-a52b-a0a126eaf9f7_story.html&usg=AFQjCNGBuAfrwIByHU7TCGqAUBjdYEyWHQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Hillary Clinton has blamed her loss on FBI director James Comey, then because white women are “misogynists,” then on ‘fake news,’ and now the Russians. She seems to blame everyone but herself.

Wonder who she’ll blame next week?

Amerika just want to made a correction. The term is misandry. For the record I did not invent the term. You may continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

Recount of Wisconsin resulted in more votes being given to trump. Hahaha what a waste of money.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,657 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

m1ck007 wrote: »
    Recount of Wisconsin resulted in more votes being given to trump. Hahaha what a waste of money.

Please read the charter before posting again. One liners like this add nothing.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

aloyisious wrote: »
    It's very unlikely this will be felt by the hides of Don or the Republican Party, or even commented-on by the party. However I reckon that Don will give the story legs by twittering on it.

Some electoral college members have written to the Dir of Nat Int, James Clapper, asking for a briefing on the reports that Russian Govt interfered in the election. The request probably won't show or reveal anything definite proving an illegality, if the people allegedly involved are really up to the job.

According to the reports, nine of the letter signatories are Dem with one Republican the 10th. I don't know the names or history of some of the media sources running the story, mindful of some headline-grabbing attention-seeking media sources, I'm not using the ones I saw. I went to The Washington Post instead, it's running this on the reports....  
    Heard that on the radio. I couldn't help but notice that the SF elector behind this is Nancy Pelosi's daughter.
    Hooray for nepotism!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

You can’t drain the swamp without having some in your administration that know how to deal with Washington. And a good start to draining the swap would be: A five-year ban on White House and congressional officials lobbying after they leave government. A lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government. A complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections. Would be nice if he can get it done.

That would be great if Trump implement those changes you're suggesting. Problem is the likes of McConnell won't go for it.

aloyisious wrote: »

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjLzerSu-_QAhVDLMAKHWHKAEIQFggZMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonpost.com%2Fpolitics%2Felectoral-college-members-request-intelligence-briefing%2F2016%2F12%2F12%2F5d5df738-c08f-11e6-a52b-a0a126eaf9f7_story.html&usg=AFQjCNGBuAfrwIByHU7TCGqAUBjdYEyWHQ

Foreign governments try to hack us all the time. We do it to other governments also. I have to laugh at those members writing to James Clapper and asking for a briefing on the reports that Russia interfered in the election. Do you think it would make one iota of difference in their intentions not to cast their votes for Trump when they hear the reason for the hacks were Democrat party carelessness, such as sending passwords in emails (which every elementary kid knows not to do), and perhaps setting up your own private basement server?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

Foreign governments try to hack us all the time. We do it to other governments also. I have to laugh at those members writing to James Clapper and asking for a briefing on the reports that Russia interfered in the election. Do you think it would make one iota of difference in their intentions not to cast their votes for Trump when they hear the reason for the hacks were Democrat party carelessness, such as sending passwords in emails (which every elementary kid knows not to do), and perhaps setting up your own private basement server?

It seems Amerika you can rationalise anything away . It would appear the Russia is employing a concerted cyber campaign to undermine democratically elected governments and to interfere in the electoral process in the west .

This to me be would be a bigger threat to 'our way of life' that any Isis action .

marienbad wrote: »
    It seems Amerika you can rationalise anything away . It would appear the Russia is employing a concerted cyber campaign to undermine democratically elected governments and to interfere in the electoral process in the west .

This to me be would be a bigger threat to 'our way of life' that any Isis action .

Oh, I agree an investigation should take place. But the DNC is a private entity, not the government. They need to secure their own systems. They couldn’t even stop Hillary Clinton from setting up a unsecure basement server and transmitting classified and top secret intel across it. If the leak happened because one of their own sent the passwords out in an email, which is easily hacked, how do you stop something like that. We keep hearing th Russians did it. Assange says not. The White House now is saying China did it. Who knows, maybe it really was done by some kid living in his mother’s basement. Fact is, I doubt we will really ever know for sure, without a doubt, and it shouldn’t effect the electors decision. My biggest fear is a hacker does something to our infrastructure... Not if someone hacks DNC emails because they are too ignorant to set up proper security and procedures, and get a handle on what their people can and cannot do.

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/confusion-wh-spokesman-claims-china-hacked-election/

Oh, I agree an investigation should take place. But the DNC is a private entity, not the government. They need to secure their own systems. They couldn’t even stop Hillary Clinton from setting up a unsecure basement server and transmitting classified and top secret intel across it. If the leak happened because one of their own sent the passwords out in an email, which is easily hacked, how do you stop something like that. We keep hearing th Russians did it. Assange says not. The White House now is saying China did it. Who knows, maybe it really was done by some kid living in his mother’s basement. Fact is, I doubt we will really ever know for sure, without a doubt, and it shouldn’t effect the electors decision. My biggest fear is a hacker does something to our infrastructure... Not if someone hacks DNC emails because they are too ignorant to set up proper security and procedures, and get a handle on what their people can and cannot do.

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/confusion-wh-spokesman-claims-china-hacked-election/

Amerika forget the private entities business , it is much bigger than that . I remember reading sometime back that your electric grids and utilities are virtually unsecure and complete open to interference .

If anything constitutes 'a clear and present danger ' this does - better to take it seriously rather than getting all pally wally with the main instigator

• Advertisement

Amerika forget the private entities business , it is much bigger than that . I remember reading sometime back that your electric grids and utilities are virtually unsecure and complete open to interference .

If anything constitutes 'a clear and present danger ' this does - better to take it seriously rather than getting all pally wally with the main instigator
    Yup... our infrastructure.

Yup... our infrastructure.

You will have to elucidate that for me please ?

You will have to elucidate that for me please ?

When I refer to our infrastructure, I’m talking about Energy, Transportation, Water and Environment, and Public Facilities.

http://www.infrastructurereportcard.org/a/#p/energy/overview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,918 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Oh, I agree an investigation should take place. /[/url]
    Absolutely agree on this, have put the point out on this thread weeks ago. Finally Congress is looking into this.

And if there's any proof (not evidence, but proof, not allegations, proof) that Trump was involved or advised or knowingly cooperated with the bad guys, he should be arrested for treason.

As should any other US citizen involved on the behalf of the bad guys. Hilary even said 'aid and comfort' in one of the debates. Great line.

Realistically, my expectations are extremely low here. US Intel is good, so are the Russians and the Chinese. They won't find any smoking guns unless someone rats out the bad guys, unlikely these days.

When I refer to our infrastructure, I’m talking about Energy, Transportation, Water and Environment, and Public Facilities.

http://www.infrastructurereportcard.org/a/#p/energy/overview

Yeah I assumed that , the reason I asked for clarification is do you think it is ok to hack into the DNC and not these entities or what ?

I what have thought hacking into any US entity would cause you concern .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,984 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

CzkdnzbWgAArbI6.jpg:large

This popped up on my Twitter, a bit scary if that is true.

Igotadose wrote: »
    Absolutely agree on this, have put the point out on this thread weeks ago. Finally Congress is looking into this.

And if there's any proof (not evidence, but proof, not allegations, proof) that Trump was involved or advised or knowingly cooperated with the bad guys, he should be arrested for treason.

As should any other US citizen involved on the behalf of the bad guys. Hilary even said 'aid and comfort' in one of the debates. Great line.

Realistically, my expectations are extremely low here. US Intel is good, so are the Russians and the Chinese. They won't find any smoking guns unless someone rats out the bad guys, unlikely these days.

I don't think hacking into someone's private email and passing on the stupid $hit they said, as long as they didn't put out any classified or top secret information, could constitute treason.

Yeah I assumed that , the reason I asked for clarification is do you think it is ok to hack into the DNC and not these entities or what ?

I what have thought hacking into any US entity would cause you concern .

There are priorities... hacking and affecting our defense or our infrastructure is priority number one. Securing DNC emails is way down the totem pole in terms of priorities.

There are priorities... hacking and affecting our defense or our infrastructure is priority number one. Securing DNC emails is way down the totem pole in terms of priorities.

and palling around with terrorists , oh sorry dictators should be even further down the totem pole .

You are naïve if you think they didn't hack into the Republicans also , just to be saved for a rainy day

I don't think hacking into someone's private email and passing on the stupid $hit they said, as long as they didn't put out any classified or top secret information, could constitute treason.

Sorry, wasn't clear enough: If Trump engaged with Russia and encouraged or abetted them in their quest for compromising information, he's absolutely committing treason - hence my 'aid and comfort' reference. It's not the e-mails, it's the relationship with Russia that matters.

Remember this bit (was discussed here during prior to the election) about some mysterious bank connection between the Trump campaign and Russia? http://www.snopes.com/trump-server-tied-to-russian-bank/

This server and the investigation into it proved there was nothing there. But, let's see what the US gov comes up with, the CIA and FBI have already said the Russians were behind the DNC hacks. Fine. What's their relationship with Trump? That's what I'm looking to learn from the investigation. There'll no doubt be testimony before congress in the not too distant future, after the Inauguration

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

"Obama is a secret muslim, but we have no evidence of this"

"We have evidence that Russia is interfering in US politics and helped elect Trump, pals around with the upcoming SecState, but it's all a lie from the lamestream media"

I give up.

Sorry, wasn't clear enough: If Trump engaged with Russia and encouraged or abetted them in their quest for compromising information, he's absolutely committing treason - hence my 'aid and comfort' reference. It's not the e-mails, it's the relationship with Russia that matters.

Remember this bit (was discussed here during prior to the election) about some mysterious bank connection between the Trump campaign and Russia? http://www.snopes.com/trump-server-tied-to-russian-bank/

This server and the investigation into it proved there was nothing there. But, let's see what the US gov comes up with, the CIA and FBI have already said the Russians were behind the DNC hacks. Fine. What's their relationship with Trump? That's what I'm looking to learn from the investigation. There'll no doubt be testimony before congress in the not too distant future, after the Inauguration

Here’s a question… What if the CIA or FBI discover that Russia, China, or another hostile country hacked into Hillary’s server and uncovered top secret and classified information that put our people, foreign agents we utilize, or our country’s security in jeopardy? Should she be tried for treason?

Better yet, would we ever know about it or is she too big to jail?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 916 ✭✭✭osmiumartist

Overheal wrote: »
    "Obama is a secret muslim, but we have no evidence of this"

"We have evidence that Russia is interfering in US politics and helped elect Trump, pals around with the upcoming SecState, but it's all a lie from the lamestream media"

I give up.
    "We have evidence that Russia is interfering in US politics and helped elect Trump, pals around with the upcoming SecState, but we won't ever produce this evidence. Just trust us. We've never lied before. Nope."

"We have evidence that Russia is interfering in US politics and helped elect Trump, pals around with the upcoming SecState, but we won't ever produce this evidence. Just trust us. We've never lied before. Nope."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/11/us/politics/cia-judgment-intelligence-russia-hacking-evidence.html?_r=0

"C.I.A. Judgment on Russia Built on Swell of Evidence"

Evidence of hacking presented: zero.
    Are you backing my opinion or yours?

• Advertisement

I guess you'll believe what you want, either way.

Wasn't that the same type of language they used to convince us there was WMD in Iraq?

Wasn't that the same type of language they used to convince us there was WMD in Iraq?

Is there an agenda to start a war with Russia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-intelligence-idUSKBN14204E

"The overseers of the U.S. intelligence community have not embraced a CIA assessment that Russian cyber attacks were aimed at helping Republican President-elect Donald Trump win the 2016 election, three American officials said on Monday."

I find it very hard to believe that if the Russian Government were behind the hack, they would use IP addresses which would be traceable back to the Kremlin. That would be amateur hour. Hell anyone can use an encrypted VPN from another country and be untraceable. Maybe the systems in place are so advanced that it's possible, but I never heard of that.

Is there an agenda to start a war with Russia?
    We don't know, now do we? The Democrats have certainly been using language that might indicate they think reprisals of some sort are warranted since losing the White House. That reset button of there’s has certainly gone 180 since the election, dontcha think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I find it very hard to believe that if the Russian Government were behind the hack, they would use IP addresses which would be traceable back to the Kremlin.

Ah ha ha ha ha!!!! Oh my god seriously? Thats the single funniest post i've read on boards.ie for a long time.

It could have been the russians because the kremlin IP would be a giveaway?? really?

:pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Maybe the systems in place are so advanced that it's possible, but I never heard of that.

You dont think perhaps the russian secret services may have popped around the corner from the kremlin to the local starbucks to use their wifi just to throw off the NSA?

:pac: :pac:

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Ah ha ha ha ha!!!! Oh my god seriously? Thats the single funniest post i've read on boards.ie for a long time.

It could have been the russians because the kremlin IP would be a giveaway?? really?

When you have to post in such a manner you've already lost the argument. If you think Governments are foolish and unprofessional enough to use traceable IP addresses or hop around the corner to a cafe then more power to you.

There is no conclusive evidence of anything. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us/politics/fbi-russia-election-donald-trump.html?_r=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

I think it was political pressure put on the CIA from Bush and his cronies' that said there were WMDs. I'm sure they even altered the CIA intelligence to make it look like WMD. Also didnt Carl Rove (that lovey man) hang out to dry a CIA agent because her husband wasn't playing along with his game. OMG it's all coming back the s**t the admin did.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    I think it was political pressure put on the CIA from Bush and his cronies' that said there were WMDs.

I agree with this, and until there's evidence provided believe the same thing is happening now with the Russia stories of hacking to undermine a Trump Presidency.

No new evidence has been found since the FBI concluded their investigation.

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    I think it was political pressure put on the CIA from Bush and his cronies' that said there were WMDs. I'm sure they even altered the CIA intelligence to make it look like WMD. Also didnt Carl Rove (that lovey man) hang out to dry a CIA agent because her husband wasn't playing along with his game. OMG it's all coming back the s**t the admin did.

But that doesn't explain Tony Blair's insistence that the intelligence was accurate regarding WMD in Iraq. There were also other countries that stated their intelligence indicated Iraq had WMD, including France if I recall correctly.

But that doesn't explain Tony Blair's insistence that the intelligence was accurate regarding WMD in Iraq. There were also other countries that stated their intelligence indicated Iraq had WMD, including France if I recall correctly.

Because they were in on it together for mutual benefit. Does it really matter if the CIA bowed to political pressure to say there was WMD, or if there investigation produced those results due to negligence, either way their credibility gets shot.

IMO it was all about the oil, Bush senior was spouting about the NWO long before his son got in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

InTheTrees wrote: »

Mod:
    Up the standard, thanks!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I agree with this, and until there's evidence provided believe the same thing is happening now with the Russia stories of hacking to undermine a Trump Presidency.

No new evidence has been found since the FBI concluded their investigation.

That sounds like GB Snr's Admin was Round 1 in a dis-information war, the Hillary leaks were Round 2, and Round 3 was with the Russians-hacked-Hillary to help Don's election stories.

That last one sounds partly like internal US politics (via the US media) and NOT US international politics and certainly has got the US political establishment knickers (across the board) in a twist. That's regular in US politics, like the Canuck letter and Watergate.

That's also not ruling out the chance there could be a smidgen of truth in Russia being involved, a tiny failure to hide a covert op completely from US counter-int hounds, humans being human.

Going on the basis of all three, Round 4 is ongoing now, with the US Int sections being played against each other to baffle the US political establishment about an actual dis-information war state of play, mud-slinging to muddy the waters. That only helps non-US interests.

I guess you'll believe what you want, either way.
    You're not getting away with that I'm afraid.
    There is no "either way".
    You have provided no evidence. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. You have a troupe of news sources parroting each other's utterly unevidenced assertions.

• Advertisement

Here’s a question… What if the CIA or FBI discover that Russia, China, or another hostile country hacked into Hillary’s server and uncovered top secret and classified information that put our people, foreign agents we utilize, or our country’s security in jeopardy? Should she be tried for treason?

Better yet, would we ever know about it or is she too big to jail?

To your first question, I'm not a lawyer, it doesn't seem like that's treason - aid and comfort to the enemies (provided to them, that is, actually making some effort to aid them), doesn't seem to fit. Julius and Ethel Rosenberg were traitors - they stole stuff and gave it directly to the Soviets. Likewise the original Benedict Arnold sold out his troops to the British as I recall.

If Hilary Clinton e-mailed them the passwords, sure. Is there a law against failing to protect your IP? US law tends not to blame the victims. Having your own e-mail server had some precedent in the Government - previous SoS had one with like 3million e-mails on it that were deleted, so no surprise other SoS did the same.

To your second question, they tried her husband for lying about sex with an intern; anyone can be put on trial in the US. Anyone.

To your first question, I'm not a lawyer, it doesn't seem like that's treason - aid and comfort to the enemies (provided to them, that is, actually making some effort to aid them), doesn't seem to fit. Julius and Ethel Rosenberg were traitors - they stole stuff and gave it directly to the Soviets. Likewise the original Benedict Arnold sold out his troops to the British as I recall.

If Hilary Clinton e-mailed them the passwords, sure. Is there a law against failing to protect your IP? US law tends not to blame the victims. Having your own e-mail server had some precedent in the Government - previous SoS had one with like 3million e-mails on it that were deleted, so no surprise other SoS did the same.

To your second question, they tried her husband for lying about sex with an intern; anyone can be put on trial in the US. Anyone.

You are going off the premise that gross negligence is not a reason to be tried as a traitor. I tend to disagree with that assessment. If anyone should have know that what she did regarding her unsecured basement server, one that would routinely process classified and top secret intel, could put our people, our allies and our country in jeopardy, it would be Hillary Clinton from serving as First Lady, a US Senator, and Secretary of State. Unless, that is, you are arguing that she should be forgiven for simply being a stone cold idiot.

And to you second point, 'can' and 'would' are two very different things. I don't think they would let us know if what Clinton did put our nation’s security and our people in jeopardy, even if people died because of her negligence... for the good of the country. There remains deep political division verging on hatred here. What good would it do throwing her in the hoosegow, other than justice being served? Justice often has a blind eye. I think the powers that be would rationalize her political career is over, what is done is done, and she won’t be able to do any further damage... and for the good on the nation it best to just ignore her crimes and institute measures to never allow something like this from happening ever again.

Well, the recount that was stopped in Michigan did accomplish something. Detroit, located in Wayne county, which voted heavily for Hillary Clinton appears to have experienced a lot of voting irregularities and has spurred plans for an audit by Michigan Secretary of State. Seems Hillary might have gotten a lot of extra votes obtained by hook or by crook.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2016/12/12/vote-audit/95358702/

You are going off the premise that gross negligence is not a reason to be tried as a traitor. I tend to disagree with that assessment. If anyone should have know that what she did regarding her unsecured basement server, one that would routinely process classified and top secret intel, could put our people, our allies and our country in jeopardy, it would be Hillary Clinton from serving as First Lady, a US Senator, and Secretary of State. Unless, that is, you are arguing that she should be forgiven for simply being a stone cold idiot.

And to you second point, 'can' and 'would' are two very different things. I don't think they would let us know if what Clinton did put our nation’s security and our people in jeopardy, even if people died because of her negligence... for the good of the country. There remains deep political division verging on hatred here. What good would it do throwing her in the hoosegow, other than justice being served? Justice often has a blind eye. I think the powers that be would rationalize her political career is over, what is done is done, and she won’t be able to do any further damage... and for the good on the nation it best to just ignore her crimes and institute measures to never allow something like this from happening ever again.

I second your last: familiarity breeds arrogance and contempt for law and common-sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Forget the Russians for a minute, what about Assange? What is the Republican's view on Assange? Do they see him as a global crusader as Assange asserts himself to be?

He knew Hillary was going to come after him if she got elected so he did his upmost to deliver what he decided was damning revelations on Hillary and the DNC. I'm sure he has plenty of dirt on Trump and the Republicans so it will be interesting to see if he decides to reveal that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement