Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 U.S. Presidential Race Megathread Mark 2.

1183184185186187189»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

FatherTed wrote: »
    Forget the Russians for a minute, what about Assange? What is the Republican's view on Assange? Do they see him as a global crusader as Assange asserts himself to be?

He knew Hillary was going to come after him if she got elected so he did his upmost to deliver what he decided was damning revelations on Hillary and the DNC. I'm sure he has plenty of dirt on Trump and the Republicans so it will be interesting to see if he decides to reveal that.

Strange the Ozzies have said nothing about him. He is one of their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

More trump weird tweets

China steals United States Navy research drone in international waters - rips it out of water and takes it to China in unprecedented act.

10 hours later.

We should tell China that we don't want the drone they stole back.- let them keep it!

What is going on with this fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Strange the Ozzies have said nothing about him. He is one of their own.
    They are afraid of deviating from the party line, contemporary foreign policy is mass produced, the few exceptions are constantly attacked.
    Another possibility is why bother being different? Who will hold you to account? Ozzie electorate? They have not been primed to care about this issue, so it has no currency. There will be no ticker tape parade for Assange triumphant return. Thinking in their shoes might be "So why not just get your Gov salary and shut yer mouth."
    Final nail in the coffin is the UK hates Assange, and Ozzies want to be the best possible southern hemisphere Britons.... so yeah not going to happen on that count either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,061 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Any feedback of how the Electoral College voting went today? There's a story floating on F/B and in other media sources that Don intends to employ his own security staff headed by a retired NYC cop in the White House but I don't know if he'll be allowed, seeing as how he get's Secret Service protection and there is a uniformed section in the White House already, a federal building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

aloyisious wrote: »
    Any feedback of how the Electoral College voting went today? There's a story floating on F/B and in other media sources that Don intends to employ his own security staff headed by a retired NYC cop in the White House but I don't know if he'll be allowed, seeing as how he get's Secret Service protection and there is a uniformed section in the White House already, a federal building.

I posted an update in the can Hillary still win thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,061 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I posted an update in the can Hillary still win thread.

Ta. I'm limiting myself to the number of threads I read, helps keep the blood pressure low.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

aloyisious wrote: »
    Ta. I'm limiting myself to the number of threads I read, helps keep the blood pressure low.

Mod note:

Good idea.

Folks, we are approaching the 10,000 post mark where a thread breaks the system but, more fundamentally, the election is over. There is a thread on the electoral college vote and new threads can be opened about President Elect Trump.

So, it's been emotional, but all good things must come to an end.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement