Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 U.S. Presidential Race Megathread Mark 2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Overheal wrote: »
    You're underplaying that CNN exchange. It was Fire

http://www.mediaite.com/online/don-lemon-panel-implodes-during-trump-tape-segment-stop-saying-pussy-on-air/

Facial expressions throughout are priceless

I think I was open mouthed when I was watching it.

This election has everything and none of it good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,373 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Billy86 wrote: »
    His only tweet in the last 10 hours. My guess is his team have physically confiscated his access to the internet in that time - no, I'm not joking when I say that. As in physically confiscated, like you would a child's playstation etc if they've been misbehaving too much.

I also reckon that tweet could well have been from his team and not him while the confiscation continues... can anyone tell if it came from iPhone or Android?

I saw one report where they suggested it was an android phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I saw one report where they suggested it was an android phone.

Would be interesting, apparently android = Trump, iPhone = staff.

https://twitter.com/tvaziri/status/762005541388378112/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

There's a bunch of articles for anyone who wants to Google it.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Would be interesting, apparently android = Trump, iPhone = staff.

https://twitter.com/tvaziri/status/762005541388378112/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Interesting. I wasn't aware that you could work it out but obviously you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,343 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Interesting. I wasn't aware that you could work it out but obviously you can.

Because Trump on twitter doesn't pass the Turing test..

I saw a trump female suppporter on Fox News critisise Hilary for being less then complimentary to the women that bill had affairs with. My answer to that is what women would be friendly to a woman that your husband has had an affair with ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

I saw a trump female suppporter on Fox News critisise Hilary for being less then complimentary to the women that bill had affairs with. My answer to that is what women would be friendly to a woman that your husband has had an affair with ?

Well Bill being a cheater most likely as opposed to the women provided they don't have husbands themselves in which case they would be cheaters also.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

This takes a very special kind of mental gymnastics, it truly does...

Trump was a Democrat when he said those things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    This takes a very special kind of mental gymnastics, it truly does...

Trump was a Democrat when he said those things

True, but hilarious

"Channeling bill Clinton."

Ah lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Baffling isnt it? Victim blaming.

But it fits with the trump campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I honestly won't be surprised if Trump's team bring up his former Democrat allegiance as if to say, "sexual immorality is a Democrat thing!" After all, I remember a hardcore Catholic on here denounce the Democrats as "sexual deviants".

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

How does one explain Billy Bush then?

He was not a Democrat.

RobertKK wrote: »
    How does one explain Billy Bush then?

He was not a Democrat.

He's job bushs cousin so I'd say Jen will throw him a party.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Hysterics from all the feminazis and the MSM ....

Wont see the BBC cover this - then again the BBC supported Jimmy Saville and let him run wild for years ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

bajer101 wrote: »

Arnie has forgotten his own carry on ...such a hypocrite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

Arnie lol...guy is known to be an octopus around women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

• Advertisement

Hysterics from all the feminazis and the MSM ....
    You're right, FOX have been pretty hysterical in their defense of Trump's bragging about sexual assault the last 24 hours. They're one of the 'big 3' and hosting one of the debates, so no denying they are part of the MSM.

Arnie has forgotten his own carry on ...such a hypocrite.
    Exeggcute wrote: »
    Arnie lol...guy is known to be an octopus around women.

So, a known philanderer and womaniser has come out and basically said, that even by his standards, Trump is scumbag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Thats disturbing, i didnt read the whole thing as i felt uncomfortable half way through... the way he talks about his own daughter and lets stern talk about her that way its not right

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Melania Trump releases a hostage statement:

"The words my husband used are unacceptable and offensive to me,” read a statement attributed to Melania Trump that was blasted out to the Trump press list. “This does not represent the man that I know. He has the heart and mind of a leader. I hope people will accept his apology, as I have, and focus on the important issues facing our nation and the world.”

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/10/08/melania_trump_slams_donald_trump_in_official_campaign_statement.html

There's apparently intense meetings going on today at Trump tower. Republican party leadership have been seen coming and going all morning and the meetings are continuing. Procedural rules mean it would be very difficult to force him out so there's talk about trying to get trump to step down himself.

InTheTrees wrote: »
    There's apparently intense meetings going on today at Trump tower. Republican party leadership have been seen coming and going all morning and the meetings are continuing. Procedural rules mean it would be very difficult to force him out so there's talk about trying to get trump to step down himself.
    Who's going to be the one to figure it out?

"Donald, you suck at stepping down. You're just no good at it."

Job done.

• Advertisement

Melania Trump releases a hostage statement:

I bet her lawyers are drawing up a list of her demands from donald right now. A new aeroplane, maybe a yacht. More time off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

What is the procedure if the donald steps down? Its not that unbelivable at this stage his ego will not let be decimated in the polls so he might just quit. Anyway would it end up being an uncontested election, i mean people are already voting in some states. Ballot papers are already printed etc votes are cast......

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    What is the procedure if the donald steps down? Its not that unbelivable at this stage his ego will not let be decimated in the polls so he might just quit. Anyway would it end up being an uncontested election, i mean people are already voting in some states. Ballot papers are already printed etc votes are cast......

There's more than the two major party candidates. It'll be contested one way or another.

According to Time, they could possibly replace him but it is not a given, and even if they did it would both be unprecedented and essentially concede the election to Clinton - http://time.com/4523892/donald-trump-republican-nominee-step-down/

The Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) requires that states distribute ballots at least 45 days before a federal election, while early voting is underway in states like Iowa, Virginia, Wisconsin, and North Carolina. Replacing his name on ballots that have yet to be distributed is also problematic—and perhaps insurmountable.

In Colorado, for example, nominees’ names must be submitted to the state elected officials sixty days before election day, or on September 9. In Iowa, it’s 81 days before the election—that was August 19. In Ohio, it’s a full 90 days ahead of election day.

Then there are the complications peculiar to a presidential race. Under the U.S. Constitution, a vote for a candidate goes to electors in byzantine Electoral College. In many states, those electors have some power to decide how they cast their ballots when the Electoral College meets in December. But at least 25 states and the District of Columbia have laws binding electors to vote based on the outcome of the Nov. 8 general election. In some states they are only bound to vote the party nominee—meaning they could vote for the replacement. But in states like Michigan, they are bound to the candidate listed on the ballot.

No major party presidential candidate has ever been replaced after securing the presidential nomination.[/quote]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

It's all academic in any case. Even if all the relevant Republican electoral colleges were to nominate a replacement candidate in lieu of Trump votes (assuming he pulled out now), there's the small matter of the Trump ticket not being in with any real chance of winning a majority of colleges prior to this latest pratfall, so the liklihood of a victory in these circumstances is snowball in hell territory.

Best thing for the GOP is to focus on every other election in play and just stick a fork in the Trump campaign. There's no upside in the presidential race for them. Never mind that they never wanted this buffoon in the first place.

• Advertisement

John McCain has gone further than Ryan and McConnell and has withdrawn his support for Trump.

Trump before this only led Arizona (a state that has only gone Dem once - in 1996 - since 1948!) by one single point in the polls. For those unaware, McCain is a god of sorts in Arizona. That's likely 11 more of the 270 required EC votes needed to win that are typically an automatic given for the Reps, gone out the window.

We're also not too far off Texas becoming an actual battleground state at this point - they carry the second most EC votes in the country (38) after Dem stronghold California (55). North Carolina (15 EC votes, only gone Dem twice since 1964) and Georgia (16 votes, only gone Dem once since 1980) are in 'battleground' territory already, with Clinton already having the lead in the second.

That's basically a free 15% of the 270 that looks like it might be about to be thrown away. Doubt Texas will shift, but if it does it is becomes 30%... mind boggling either way. Even the risk of it becoming a battleground state could have stark consequences down the road.

Conspiracy theorists over Trump being a Manchurian candidate of sorts might have a point! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

It's too late to change the ballots. But in the US system when you vote you are casting a vote for your state's electors, who in turn cast their votes for president. Republican/Democrat electors are bound to vote for their party ticket. If Trump withdrew, voters could still cast their vote for the Repub party candidate (still listed on the ballot as "Trump"), and then the Repub electors could under instruction by the RNC cast their ballots for Pence, Cruz, Ryan, or whoever they want.

Some states bar "faithless electors" (electors who vote for someone other that the named person who won the votes) so there could be legal issues with that. Some other problems: (1) getting the public to vote Trump when he's not actually a candidate any longer (2) getting electors chosen by Trump (the most diehard of Trump supporters) to vote for someone else and, of course, (3) getting Trump to withdraw

Five thirty eight now showing Arizona up in the air

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

McCain and Condoleeza Rice condemn trump and say he should not be president.

20Cent wrote: »
    McCain and Condoleeza Rice condemn trump and say he should not be president.

CuRvPp7UIAA550K.jpg

He can't recover at all.

The polls will shift further into Clintons favor. Tomorrow will be one for the ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I'd put the under/overs on the time between her posting that and getting bombarded with racial abuse at 15 seconds.

What's amazing is that I have on a number of times gone onto The_Donald subreddit to see the reaction and... not one single mention of it. It's as if the last 24 hours never even happened.

I can't even begin to think what their reaction will be like come November 9th. The disconnect from reality is unlike anything I've ever seen, and the reaction would be hilarious if it weren't dangerously likely to involve a whole lot of violence.

EDIT: Went on again after posting and all there was one kinda mention, claiming the crowd were shouting 'shame on you' to Paul Ryan in this video (listen for the one lone, single guy right at the end).

Not a bad point...

8b30b76b4ec7f2a3cb76145b5d1dda28.jpg

When I first heard about the rape claims I took them with a grain of salt. But after hearing that audio I am giving them a lot more credence. I have had the misfortune to come across some child abusers/rapists, and that is exactly the sort of vibe they give off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I wondered about Donald stepping down as the republican candidate on medical grounds (dace-saver) and found this about the other candidate. Remember Don had a touch of the sniffles in public recently.

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi_vavqqMzPAhWHF8AKHW5iAQwQFggbMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2Fnews%2F2016%2F09%2F12%2Fwhat-would-happen-if-hillary-clinton-drops-out-of-us-election-ra%2F&usg=AFQjCNEAOWL_LEk9bvt7kmwuxOj30CHE7A

bajer101 wrote: »
    When I first heard about the rape claims I took them with a grain of salt. But after hearing that audio I am giving them a lot more credence. I have had the misfortune to come across some child abusers/rapists, and that is exactly the sort of vibe they give off.
    Apparently yesterday's tape really might just be the tip of the iceberg...

https://twitter.com/billpruitt/status/784872190587998209

https://twitter.com/edhenry/status/784810115522101248
    (Henry = FOX News reporter, Carson = Trump advisor)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

I don't get all the faux hysteria over some off air comments between two heterosexual males. What do people think we talk about in private? You think Hilary talks about saving the planet in her private conversations? Gimmee a break. No wonder western society is going down the toilet.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I don't get all the faux hysteria over some off air comments between two heterosexual males. What do people think we talk about in private? You think Hilary talks about saving the planet in her private conversations? Gimmee a break. No wonder western society is going down the toilet.

There is a very real difference between guys talking about women and saying things like " look at the T**s on her" or some other off colour inappropriate comments and Trump basically saying that his celebrity allows him to sexually assault women with impunity..

The former isn't acceptable but the latter is actually criminal.

Regardless of what it is or isn't and how people still want to try and defend it, the GOP has made it clear they don't condone it. They are no longer interested in dragging him across the finish line. I question why anyone would still bother defending him unless they really didn't find fault with his actions - in which case, that's disturbing.

He is literally bragging about the times he has already committed sexual assault. You really don't seem to get it, but even just about every prominent member of the Republican party does. The election is over, it's done.

And there's apparently a lot more to come. By the time this is over with, Trump is going to be ruined in a lot more ways than just his political career - he's already lost $800mn in the last 12 months over his nonsense, and it's not even nearly done yet.

https://twitter.com/billpruitt/status/784872190587998209

https://twitter.com/edhenry/status/784810115522101248
    (Henry = FOX News reporter, Carson = Trump advisor)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,508 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Pence is key now.
    Will be huge pressure on him to withdraw from race as Trump is going no where. He might have to continue without a VP . Looks like it's Trump V GOP & Democrats now . He always was an independent in so many ways .
    Trump can still win, time is a great healer. A week is a long time in politics .

Overheal wrote: »
    Regardless of what it is or isn't and how people still want to try and defend it, the GOP has made it clear they don't condone it. They are no longer interested in dragging him across the finish line. I question why anyone would still bother defending him unless they really didn't find fault with his actions - in which case, that's disturbing.

People sometimes talk about the underbelly of society, but the last 24 hours or so seems to have exposed the sweaty ballsack of society.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

I do not agree with Hilary on most things and Donald seems to more clued in with a lot of things. Still, if I were a US voter I would vote for Hilary for two reasons. 1) I think Donald might be dangerous and 2) I think the Democrats have set the stage for an enormous economic implosion. They should be in office when it happens, to clean up their own mess.

Who I think will win is a different matter. I think it will be Donald. The reason being my sense of foreboding.

• Advertisement

It was an admission of guilt. Thats why its important.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement