Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 U.S. Presidential Race Megathread Mark 2.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭oik

Love the way you accuse me of being light on facts then when confronted with the full facts you go very quite.

I'm glad you provided the full facts and aren't being misleading. What kind of response did you want from me?

gosplan wrote: »
    No, liking someone is fine.

It's all the untruths you knowingly back here that makes you dishonest.

But you know this.

Your know that everything your posting in here, you're just rehashing the party line, clutching at straws to avoid any actual criticism.

The issue though, and what Trump and Sanders represent is that blind party loyalty is dead in the USA.

But you've just swapped it for blind loyalty to something else. So what's the difference?

The difference between those incapable of critical thought and those that won't apply critical thought is nothing.

Essentially, if you're not a moron, you may as well be.

Nice speech, light on substance heavy on personal attack.

Very Trump-like.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Strong in this one, the male privilege is.

The less I say in response to that the better.

Are you by any chance male?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

oik wrote: »
    I'm glad you provided the full facts and aren't being misleading. What kind of response did you want from me?

So why then did you accuse me of being misleading, you could have confirmed my claim before making an claim that I was presenting misleading claims.

A response from you that just maybe DT was misguided to throw stones while living in a mighty big glasshouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Clinton said during the debate that Trump never apologies ever.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/us-election/i-was-wrong-trump-apologises-for-vulgar-and-lewd-remarks-1.2822270

Here is an instance of her lying behavior.

That should put the debate to rest but it rumbles on and on and on and on meanwhile back in the White House the Clintons already have the red carpet rolled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

You do have a flair for the dramatic

If "they let you do it" it's not sexual assault.

Grand so, I'm sure a woman getting groped by her multi-billionaire boss had no repercussions whatsoever to fear if she went to the cops about it.

The less I say in response to that the better.

Are you by any chance male?

Classic, does it matter what sex a person is who stands up to sexualisation of women and promotion of sexual violence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

So all the trumpites here are saying that you don't believe he ever would have groped anyone?

Just to be clear, he wouldn't do that.

Well he's not the one paying out compo to assault victims.

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Clinton said during the debate that Trump never apologies ever.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/us-election/i-was-wrong-trump-apologises-for-vulgar-and-lewd-remarks-1.2822270

Here is an instance of her lying behavior.

That should put the debate to rest but it rumbles on and on and on and on meanwhile back in the White House the Clintons already have the red carpet rolled out.

Lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Nice speech, light on substance heavy on personal attack.

Very Trump-like.

Cheers.

It's original though, bet you can't do that!!

Anyway, now that we've determined there's no point having an evidence-based discussion with you, tell me, who's your favourite Wrestler ever?

So why then did you accuse me of being misleading, you could have confirmed my claim before making an claim that I was presenting misleading claims.

A response from you that just maybe DT was misguided to throw stones while living in a mighty big glasshouse.

Well the more information you provide the more context people gain.

It went from Donald raping his wife and paying her off to his wife trying to extort a larger settlement in a divorce by making damaging accusations against him as a public figure.

Not saying either one of those scenarios happened, but at least people can use their own judgement rather than be forced to reach the same conclusion as you thanks to your selective use of information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

With due respect buddy. That is a hell of an accusation for a follower of Trump to throw around.

So now because I like Trump I'm automatically dishonest

You are not dishonest you are a good person.

#Trump train #Crooked Hillary

Grand so, I'm sure a woman getting groped by her multi-billionaire boss had no repercussions whatsoever to fear if she went to the cops about it.

Surely all the women he has groped still work for him in your mind.

Well the more information you provide the more context people gain.

It went from Donald raping his wife and paying her off to his wife trying to extort a larger settlement in a divorce by making damaging accusations against him as a public figure.

Not saying either one of those scenarios happened, but at least people can use their own judgement rather than be forced to reach the same conclusion as you thanks to your selective use of information.

When did I say Donald raped his first wife.

"Well his first wife swore an affidavit that he raped her, that was withdrawn in a multi million dollar divorce settlement!"

Where in the above statement did I say he in fact did anything. Where is there one incorrect part of the statement. You decided that I said something I did not.

So all the trumpites here are saying that you don't believe he ever would have groped anyone?

I wouldn't be surprised if he had.

I have seen actual footage of Bill Clinton groping a woman but I'd still have him over Bob Dole and HW

As would every one of you and every single Hillary supporter.

Mitt Romney is the only recent presidential candidate I am 99.99% sure has never done anything like that.

• Advertisement

When did I say Donald raped his first wife.

"Well his first wife swore an affidavit that he raped her, that was withdrawn in a multi million dollar divorce settlement!"

Where in the above statement did I say he in fact did anything. Where is there one incorrect part of the statement. You decided that I said something I did not.

Where did I say you said Donald raped his wife?

I have seen actual footage of Bill Clinton groping a woman but I'd still have him over Bob Dole and HW

Mitt Romney is the only recent presidential candidate I am 99.99% sure has never done anything like that.

So believe Donald Trump is guilty of grouping women?

So believe Donald Trump is guilty of grouping women?

Where did I say that?

Where did I say you said Donald raped his wife?

"It went from Donald raping his wife"

Your own statement. You are such a peach.

"It went from Donald raping his wife"

Your own statement. You are such a peach.

Substitute "it" with "the implication"

• Advertisement

Where did I say that?

Jesus keep up with your own ****.

Quote: gosplan

Jesus keep up with your own ****.

Quote: gosplan

Where did I say I believed he groped women?

It has been strongly implied during the campaign that Trump has committed rape. This being a very specific crime and shows how ugly this campaign has become and has taken the focus off Hillary's horrible policies and the media sycophants that peddle lies and half truths.

Substitute "it" with "the implication"

do you even know what you are posting at this stage. I'm out not wasting the effort on a troll.

Don't hold me to your standards please, whatever they may be.

Unfortunately for those of you who think sexual assault is no biggie, the majority of voters are women and men who have respect for women.

In the same way I think someone who say kicks a homeless person asleep a doorway, I think someone who sexually assaults women shouldn't be in a position of power.

But it wasn't the tapes. I always felt such a clear misogynist shouldn't be in the running.

There's a lot of hypocrisy flying around now because everyone always knew what he was like. No one is surprised that he goes around using his position of power to feel up women.

do you even know what you are posting at this stage. I'm out not wasting the effort on a troll.

I clearly do know what I'm posting as, it's you that's having trouble understanding.

You tried to be pedantic with me and twist my words. It was harder to do than you expected and now you cry troll.

I clearly do know what I'm posting as, it's you that's having trouble understanding.

You tried to be pedantic with me and twist my words. It was harder to do than you expected and now you cry troll.

Lol no it was very easy you just like Trump don't know when you beaten!

Don't hold me to your standards please, whatever they may be.

Unfortunately for those of you who think sexual assault is no biggie, the majority of voters are women and men who have respect for women.

In the same way I think someone who say kicks a homeless person asleep a doorway, I think someone who sexually assaults women shouldn't be in a position of power.

But it wasn't the tapes. I always felt such a clear misogynist shouldn't be in the running.

There's a lot of hypocrisy flying around now because everyone always knew what he was like. No one is surprised that he goes around using his position of power to feel up women.

Bill is a clear misogynist and was a good president. He would have been a misogynist and possible rapist in or out of the presidency and so I think he was better in the presidency because he was a good president. I don't think his position allowed him to commit any more abuses than his position as Governor or AG.

We're not so lucky as to have people with good morals running for president, so it's pointless to make this campaign a test of morality.

I'd still take Mitt Romney over Trump, but this is the situation we're in.

Lol no it was very easy you just like Trump don't know when you beaten!

They don't sound like the words of someone who has won.

They don't sound like the words of someone who has won.

Don't worry I have you are so mixed up you are even turning on Trump which I did very funny. But you will be back tomorrow with a changed view, you know it as do I.

• Advertisement

Don't worry I have you are so mixed up you are even turning on Trump which I did very funny. But you will be back tomorrow with a changed view, you know it as do I.

Sleep tight champ.

Clinton staffer caught talking sh1t about Catholics in emails.

Their new strategy is not to deny but to say they don't recognise them.

In other words, they're not going to take responsibility and they're going to leave open the possibility that they were forged by Russia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,373 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I don't think trying to "points score" on trump or Hilary supporters in this thread achieves anything lads.

I mean oik is a trump supporter and he seems to be a supporter for genuinely held reasons which is important. I'm not a fan of trump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Feline Grabber

Clinton staffer caught talking sh1t about Catholics in emails.

Their new strategy is not to deny but to say they don't recognise them.

In other words, they're not going to take responsibility and they're going to leave open the possibility that they were forged by Russia.

Might draw some of trumps supporters to Clinton if she went for the anti Catholic vote.

Wonder what Hillary will do about the misogyny within her campaign staff. And also the voter fraud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NTq1tlBwqI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,348 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    It has been strongly implied during the campaign that Trump has committed rape. This being a very specific crime and shows how ugly this campaign has become and has taken the focus off Hillary's horrible policies and the media sycophants that peddle lies and half truths.

Strongly implied? I'd say it's got a lot to do with the fact there's a court hearing pending for December 16th. "Implied". That's some weak spin

Wonder what Hillary will do about the misogyny within her campaign staff. And also the voter fraud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NTq1tlBwqI

Did you watch that?

Do you have any self respect or any standards to your arguments?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

can someone please explain to me in a nutshell why is there so much hostility towards Hillary Clinton, she's seems like a good egg to me

Completely normal, just alpha personalities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

Apologies if this is inappropriate, in the wrong place, or has already been posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

philstar wrote: »
    can someone please explain to me in a nutshell why is there so much hostility towards Hillary Clinton, she's seems like a good egg to me

If she was an egg, the shell might look fine, but crack it and the contents stink.

Told Goldman Sachs she lies to the public as her public and private policies differ.
    She is a Grade A warmonger, or as some Bernie supporters called her a 'war queen'.
    She stuck by Bill, but attacked the women who say Bill assaulted them.
    Very cosy with Saudi Arabia and the Clinton foundation accepted money from them, despite Hillary telling Goldman Sachs they are the number 1 country in the world when it comes to spreading extremist ideology.
    She is not a nice person, but neither is Trump for that matter, but less of a warmonger about him.

RobertKK wrote: »
    If she was an egg, the shell might look fine, but crack it and the contents stink.

Told Goldman Sachs she lies to the public as her public and private policies differ.
    She is a Grade A warmonger, or as some Bernie supporters called her a 'war queen'.
    She stuck by Bill, but attacked the women who say Bill assaulted them.
    Very cosy with Saudi Arabia and the Clinton foundation accepted money from them, despite Hillary telling Goldman Sachs they are the number 1 country in the world when it comes to spreading extremist ideology.
    She is not a nice person, but neither is Trump for that matter, but less of a warmonger about him.

I don't know how Trump can be seen as less of a warmonger, Clinton has gotten her hands dirty but trump was wanting to hand out nukes and attack Iranian sailors who taunted Americans.

Overheal wrote: »
    Strongly implied? I'd say it's got a lot to do with the fact there's a court hearing pending for December 16th. "Implied". That's some weak spin

Posters on here have be stating that he is a rapist. From the get go he is being smeared.

Over a charge that everyone knows is fabricated. Kindly exposed as such by the Guardian of all places.

I don't know how Trump can be seen as less of a warmonger, Clinton has gotten her hands dirty but trump was wanting to hand out nukes and attack Iranian sailors who taunted Americans.

Clinton is a war monger she does not say a word on Palestine yet backs up the allegations that Russia and Syria are committing war crimes which is false. Those who are being targeted are ISIS combatants in the main which is a fact. The news underreports what is going on in Mosul, Iraq or in Yemen or in Libya.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Exactly, and then Trump fans will turn around and label this as a smear or some other nonsense, before in the very next breath calling Clinton a rapist. It's think kind of mindset not just from Trump, but indeed from his own fans, that have cost them the election. They have nobody to blame but themselves. Well, themselves and The LeaderDonald.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,512 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Polls still tight nationwide
    Some have trump drawing ,some ahead ,and most have Hilary leading by an average of 5pts
    Not over.

Iran needs to be put in its place.

Firstly they used captured US sailors as propaganda which is a war crime.

Secondly, they're backing rebels in Yemen who just fired 2 missiles at a US naval destroyer. They both missed and we don't know who put them up to it, but if Iran thinks it can use proxies to intimidate the US navy they need see that it will be met with a harsh response.

Countries are goading the US all over the place and pushing the boundaries because they have seen Obama get called on a major bluff.

The next president should meet all attacks with proportional force, because inconsistency is a licence for adversaries to become adventurous.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Exactly, and then Trump fans will turn around and label this as a smear or some other nonsense, before in the very next breath calling Clinton a rapist. It's think kind of mindset not just from Trump, but indeed from his own fans, that have cost them the election. They have nobody to blame but themselves. Well, themselves and The LeaderDonald.

If only we had a nonpartisan network that could independently assess the falsehoods and inform the people. Hmm. No I see none in the US which is why Americans are flocking to foreign news organizations and the Internet to get the answers. WikiLeaks came in handy. The leader of that organization is in the Ecuadorian Embassy strangely accused sexual assault also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Polls still tight nationwide
    Some have trump drawing ,some ahead ,and most have Hilary leading by an average of 5pts
    Not over.
    Links...?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement