Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 U.S. Presidential Race Megathread Mark 2.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

He's jesting about dating a younger woman, big deal. More power to him. The last time the Clintons were in the Whitehouse, God only knows how many women were raped and sexually assaulted.

You do know that the number of accusations of rape or sexual assault against Bill Clinton as president stands at precisely zero?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

B0jangles wrote: »
    Ok, conversation over. I don't think I can find any middle.ground with someone who thinks talking to and about children in such a way is acceptable.at.any level.

' a little cringey' ffs

He talked about dating an adult woman. You're the one pushing the adult/child scenario. Me think you doth protest too much on that front, quite frankly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

He talked about dating an adult woman. You're the one pushing the adult/child scenario. Me think you doth protest too much on that front, quite frankly.
    10 year olds are not adults. What age was this "woman" he was talking to?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

alastair wrote: »
    You do know that the number of accusations of rape or sexual assault against Bill Clinton as president stands at precisely zero?

That is not true.
    Juanita Broaddrick still makes rape accusations against Bill, and that Hillary helped cover it up.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

It seems the apple doesn't fall far from the tree: Donny Jr thinks that women who don't want to be harassed shouldn't be in the workforce.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-jr-women-harrassment-workforce_us_5800b9bbe4b0162c043b532e?section=&

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Mod Note:

Despite repeated warnings, posters are still making personal attacks against other posters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

How many more Trump tapes to come out before election day?

Does the N-bomb tape exist?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

TheDoctor wrote: »

Imagine if a tape comes out where Trump is supportive of taking out Gaddafi and letting the moderate rebels in to replace him? Or what about if a tape surfaces showing Trump admitting to taking €25m from Saudi Arabia thereby ruining his "pro-women" stance?

Nor has Trump been convicted of anything. Who was fantasising about dating children?

It's a little cringey,

No it's comments that a paedophile would make.

I've a ten year old cousin and if I heard a middle age man make any references to dating her I'd probably report it to someone.

Also call him out right there about what he was implying and why when looking at a 10 year old dating her is a thought that crosses his mind.

Does he find the 10 year old attractive? Does he have some sort of mental illness and should be kept away from minors.

• Advertisement

Peist2007 wrote: »
    Imagine if a tape comes out where Trump is supportive of taking out Gaddafi and letting the moderate rebels in to replace him? Or what about if a tape surfaces showing Trump admitting to taking €25m from Saudi Arabia thereby ruining his "pro-women" stance?

I'd be more concerned if a candidate was Putins b**ch with the hundreds of millions of dollars they owe Russia, who are far more of a threat to the US and the international community than SA.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Probably , but it really doesn't matter at this stage , Trump will continue to dig even bigger holes for himself with women and moderate voters..

I mean look at his response to the accusation from the People Magazine reporter that he forced her up against a wall and kissed her..

His response was not "I didn't do that , I'm not that kind of person" or whatever...

No - His response was "Look at her, I mean Really? , I don't think so"

So , his defence is "She's not my type/ not pretty enough" ??

And that's supposed to get people to vote for him... Jesus...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

No it's comments that a paedophile would make.

I've a ten year old cousin and if I heard a middle age man make any references to dating her I'd probably report it to someone.

Also call him out right there about what he was implying and why when looking at a 10 year old dating her is a thought that crosses his mind.

Does he find the 10 year old attractive? Does he have some sort of mental illness and should be kept away from minors.

Given his history of speaking in sexual terms of his daughter Ivanka from her early teens, his daughter Tiffany when she was a year old and these other incidents with the 10 year old the 14 year old girls, Trump appears to have serious difficulty in perceiving any female human being in non sexual terms, regardless of age or whether or not they are close relations.

It's very very disturbing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,690 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Its bordering on grooming children, thats what it is. These are only tiny audio clips of what Trump says to young girls out in public. Id fear to think what goes on in private.

Trump appears to have serious difficulty in perceiving any female human being in non sexual terms, regardless of age or whether or not they are close relations.

It's very very disturbing.

It's disturbing to see Trump being shamed for being heterosexual. I mean, we had a presidential candidate over here who made it explicitly clear he was a fan of pedophilia, and it didn't cause as big a stir as this.

Trump likes beautiful, young ladies. What normal man doesn't? He's still riding high in the polls. Hillary must be wondering what she has to do to knock him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

RobertKK wrote: »
    That is not true.
    Juanita Broaddrick still makes rape accusations against Bill, and that Hillary helped cover it up.

Sorry - but it is true.

That accusation dates from the 70's - long before Bill Clinton was president.. And was previously retracted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Trump also needs to apologise to males by claiming we are all as lewd and foul mouthed as he is for claiming it's "locker room " talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭oik

I'd be more concerned if a candidate was Putins b**ch with the hundreds of millions of dollars they owe Russia, who are far more of a threat to the US and the international community than SA.

How do you know he owes Russia?

20Cent wrote: »
    Trump also needs to apologise to males by claiming we are all as lewd and foul mouthed as he is for claiming it's "locker room " talk.

Hillary needs to apologise for all the males who will be killed and all the females who will be raped in her upcoming wars in the Middle East and possibly Russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

It's disturbing to see Trump being shamed for being heterosexual. I mean, we had a presidential candidate over here who made it explicitly clear he was a fan of pedophilia, and it didn't cause as big a stir as this.

Trump likes beautiful, young ladies. What normal man doesn't? He's still riding high in the polls. Hillary must be wondering what she has to do to knock him out.
    He's not being shamed for being heterosexual. Plenty of heterosexual guys can get through life without grabbing a woman's crotch without her consent.

oik wrote: »
    Hillary needs to apologise for all the males who will be killed and all the females who will be raped in her upcoming wars in the Middle East and possibly Russia.

So the corollary to Trump apologising for things he has actually said and done is for Clinton to apologise in advance for things you imagine she will do in the future?

Trump Logic

• Advertisement

He's not being shamed for being heterosexual. Plenty of heterosexual guys can get through life without grabbing a woman's crotch without her consent.

Except even Trump's accuser isn't accusing him of grabbing her crotch.

So the corollary to Trump apologising for things he has actually said and done is for Clinton to apologise in advance for things you imagine she will do in the future?

Trump Logic

No, I'm not using logic I'm using baseless appeals to emotion to scare people away from voting for a candidate.

CNN logic.

Trump likes beautiful, young children.

Corrected it for you.

Corrected it for you.

Are we going to ignore the fact he told Howard Stern he only goes for over 25's?

Because we're only supposed to believe the bad things he says on Howard Stern, right?

No, I'm not using logic I'm using baseless appeals to emotion to scare people away from voting for a candidate.

CNN logic

An almost completely honest post at last! Well done!

Can we have a thread where we talk about actual politics? This mudslinging back and forth was fun for a while, but much of this stuff belongs in After Hours and is just repetitive at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Are we going to ignore the fact he told Howard Stern he only goes for over 25's?
    What year was that

Honesty at last, well done!

Is it not against the rules to chop up people's posts and made snarky remarks? Would have thought that falls below the standard.

Overheal wrote: »
    What year was that

I don't know, does it matter?

Is it not against the rules to chop up people's posts and made snarky remarks? Would have thought that falls below the standard.

You're right, post amended for greater accuracy.

• Advertisement

I don't know, does it matter?

Well if I said I was interested in a 16yr old girl it's certainly relevant if I'm 15 or 45.

You're right, post amended for greater accuracy.

No you've still taken my comment out of context in a trolling attempt.

Well if I said I was interested in a 16yr old girl it's certainly relevant if I'm 15 or 45.

He said 25 not 16, so what's your point?

No you've still taken my comment out of context in a trolling attempt.

Happy now? No trolling btw, that's how i genuinely view your.posts and I doubt i'm alone in that.

Just 25 more days

Just 25 more days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,606 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I think there is a risk that this drip drip approach could backfire if it allows Trump and his supporters to get more and more into a siege mentality. Trump already claims that he's being treated unfairly, that the media are liars who will make up stories to discredit him. His supporters could very easily take the same view if they see a single minded and concerted attack on Trump by the media, while they perceive that Clinton's scandals are being covered up.

Trump got this far by being the outsider candidate. Thats where he thrives. If Clinton has a real slam dunk piece of footage showing Trump in the act of sexally assaulting someone, then they should release it sooner rather than later. If all they have are offensive comments that could be interpreted as jokes or imappropriate comments by those who want to believe the best in Trump, then it could turn people even more against Clinton and help Trump to stage a recovery.

He said 25 not 16, so what's your point?

I made it; you're evading it. Therefore I'm satisfied that you can't defend your previous point.

Happy now? No trolling btw, that's how i genuinely view your.posts and I doubt i'm alone in that.

Play the ball not the man.

I made it; you're evading it. Therefore I'm satisfied that you can't defend your previous point.

No you haven't you're insinuating there's some similarity between 16 year olds and 25 year olds.

16 year olds can't drive and 25 year olds can have mortgages, so tell me, what is your point?

You're the one who's evading by not actually making a clear argument so you never have to defend it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,071 ✭✭✭Christy42

As a heterosexual male I have never been attracted to a 10 year. Nor looked at a 10 year old and thought I would like them in a few years.

Given his campaign requires an unprecedented comeback to give him the presidency I don't think riding high in the polls is the term I would use.

Christy42 wrote: »

Given his campaign requires an unprecedented comeback to give him the presidency I don't think riding high in the polls is the term I would use.

He wrote the "Art of the Comeback" tbf

He wrote the "Art of the Comeback" tbf

Correction: he paid Kate Bohner to write it, and then put his name on it as well.

Play the ball not the man.

I have said nothing about you personally, I have commented on your posts, I assume you must have intended this.response for someone else.

No you haven't you're insinuating there's some similarity between 16 year olds and 25 year olds.

16 year olds can't drive and 25 year olds can have mortgages, so tell me, what is your point?

You're the one who's evading by not actually making a clear argument so you never have to defend it.

Ironic - you're mocking similarities and then go on to insinuate what? That because 16yr olds can't have Mortgages it's not OK for a real estate mogul to lust after them?

Ironic - you're mocking similarities and then go on to insinuate what? That because 16yr olds can't have Mortgages it's not OK for a real estate mogul to lust after them?

What was your original point? That after a certain age it's not okay to date 25 year olds?

I suspect you know your argument is bunk, which is why you're shy about expressing it explicitly.

• Advertisement

What was your original point? That after a certain age it's not okay to date 25 year olds?

I suspect you know your argument is bunk, which is why you're shy about expressing it explicitly.

I originally asked what year the interview was. I was even nice and didn't ask for a source. In this thread you will recall I've been very forthcoming when being asked to provide links/sources. Instead you threw a bit of a huff and said "does it matter?"

So let's rewind a bit. You said 'etc etc he wouldn't date anyone under 25 on the Howard Stern show'. Source?

I originally asked what year the interview was. I was even nice and didn't ask for a source. In this thread you will recall I've been very forthcoming when being asked to provide links/sources. Instead you threw a bit of a huff and said "does it matter?"

So let's rewind a bit. You said 'etc etc he wouldn't date anyone under 25 on the Howard Stern show'. Source?

You implied it was about age rather than the veracity of the quote.

No I don't have a source because he appeared on Howard Stern loads of times.

So it's not an issue of age then?

If not then why bring up 16 year olds?

Source?
    No I don't have a source because he appeared on Howard Stern loads of times.
    No source, indefensible point.

So I was correct when I said, "I'm satisfied that you can't defend your previous point."

I'm happy considering this tangent resolved.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Mod note:

Oik, final warning about attacking posters not the post.

Overheal, please use the report post function.

Everyone else, there are about 3 or 4 posters trying to have a debate and Id like to thank them for trying to keep the thread on point. But there is also a group of people who only want to bicker with each other. The latter is not what this forum is for. Any more nonsense and its ban territory. None of the other threads are giving us this much grief, and mods are volunteers. So play nice or dont play at all.

Christy42 wrote: »
    As a heterosexual male I have never been attracted to a 10 year. Nor looked at a 10 year old and thought I would like them in a few years.

Nor have I, nor has Trump. He was simply stating that he will be a dating a 20 year old woman at a certain point in the future. For some people to twist that into something it's clearly not says a lot more about his detractors than it does about Trump.

Trump is an alpha-male. A strong, heterosexual white man. It's no surprise that the liberal/feminist mob, backed by the mass media and Hollywood have took turns to fire shots at him. Yet still he stands. He will come through this grotesque mudslinging from the Clinton camp stronger than ever.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement