Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U.K. Passport for Australia

Options
  • 11-08-2016 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

To cut a long story short I was talkin to a relation of mine and she told me she thinks if you have a uk passport you don't need to do regional work for a 2nd year visa. Any idea if she's right? As I qualify for a uk passport through my mother being born in England and the grandmother being from Armagh. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

She is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭stickman1019

Yes she is wrong you still need to do the regional work as a UK person met many of them when I was doing mine, A UK passport will get you medicare however.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Yes she is wrong you still need to do the regional work as a UK person met many of them when I was doing mine, A UK passport will get you medicare however.

This this and more of this. I caught cancer here in Australia and I'd have been royally screwed without medicare. I thank my lucky stars every day I, for whatever reason, chose the UK passport to come over on (I think my Irish was sort of close to expiring).

Advertisement