Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ligue 1 Superthread 2016/17

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

OMG an OUTSTANDING free-kick from Di Maria. 1-0.

https://twitter.com/Tomandthesquad/status/823990652958547969

1-1! Rolan scores. Looked offside at first glance.

Update: It's 1-1 at half-time. Bordeaux in this game. They started the half brightly and could have scored with a chance for Malcom. PSG wasted a good chance when Matuidi was through on goal but fired straight at Prior. Cavani had a chance he put wide but it wasn't an easy one.

Malcom has looked good offensively for Bordeaux. Lucas probably been PSG's best player. Rabiot been decent too. Been a good cup tie so far.

Cavani smashes home PSG's second. Emphatic finish.

Cavani gets his second from a corner. PSG heading to the final.

Di Maria with his second makes it 4-1. A strike outside the box that goes in off the post.

• Advertisement

Full-Time and it's 4-1 to PSG. Just too much quality for Bordeaux to live with. They will face either Monaco or Nancy in the final, who meet one another tomorrow.

Good night for Di Maria who lost his place to Draxler for the last few games. His free-kick was a stunner. It will be interesting to see which of the two Emery picks against Monaco at the weekend in the league. I thought Lucas had an impressive evening also.

In other news tonight, Ivory Coast's early elimination from the African Cup of Nations will be good news for Nice who will get Seri back sooner than they would have expected. Their title challenge has started to flounder without him.

Monaco vs Nancy is live on BT Sport 2 at 8 pm as we discover which one will meet PSG in the Coupe de Ligue final.

Team news:
    Monaco XI: Subasic; A.Touré, Raggi, Jemerson, Sidibé; B.Silva, Bakayoko, Moutinho, Lemar; Falcao, Mbappé.

Nancy XI: Ndy Assembe, Cuffaut, Diagne, Badila, Muratori, Diarra, Guidileye, Cétout, Dia, Koura, Dalé.

Monaco have decided to rest some players with PSG in mind at the weekend. Glik, Germain and Fabinho are on the bench. Not sure about Raggi in that central defensive role which could give Nancy some joy. I do like seeing Kylian Mbappe get some game time though. Hope he does well.

Can't see Nancy springing an upset but they may frustrate Monaco for a while. Dia I suspect will be their big threat.

I'll go for a Monaco win by 3 goals. Hoping for some entertaining play from them.

Falcao scores! Horrendous goalkeeper howler!

Update: And that's half-time. Nancy had done a good job at frustrating Monaco. Thomas Lemas had been Monaco's best player and forced keeper Ndy Assembe into several good stops - and then the keeper undid all his good work with an absolute shocking clanger that allowed Falcao to score.

https://twitter.com/amadoit__/status/824362273061879809

Monaco will be feeling blessed to go in leading. They haven't been at their best. Could have been even worse as Jemerson took a knock and looked to be in a lot of pain. I thought for sure he would come off but credit to him for toughing it out. Don't want to lose him with PSG coming up at the weekend.

Full-Time and it ends 1-0 to Monaco; so it will be PSG vs Monaco in the final in April.

I feel sorry for Ndy Assembe whose mistake proved the difference in the end. He made an excellent fingertip stop from Sidibe in the second half. He also made a number of good saves in the first half, but the howler was costly.

Nancy did well to frustrate Monaco who will need to do a lot better against PSG at the weekend. I expect they will be when their first choice players return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,261 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Where would Marseille be without Gomis? He's tearing that league up.

• Advertisement

Surprised to see Lyon lose 2-1 at home to Lille. They're too inconsistent.

Huge result for Dijon winning 3-2 away to Lorient. They had been losing 2-1 in the game. It's extremely close at the bottom of the table.

Good to see my man Saint-Maximin on the scoresheet for Bastia today in their 1-1 draw with Caen. Not a result that helps either side much though.

Some cracking games tomorrow. Nice vs Guingamp should be interesting. And of course, the big one: PSG vs Monaco in the evening game.

Been looking forward to that all week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭- bo -

Gutted last night, 1-0 up away in the derby after 87 mins only to concede an unbelievably soft goal. Well on top for 80 minutes and invited them on for the last 10, an equaliser was inevitable...

Nice beat Guingamp 3-1 earlier with Balotelli getting on the scoresheet in the process. Seri returned and scored so his impact was immediate. That puts Nice back on top for the time being and sets up tonight's game between PSG and Monaco beautifully. (The game kicks off at 8 on BT Sport)

Here is the team news:
    PSG XI: Trapp; Meunier, Marquinhos, Thiago Silva, Kurzawa; Rabiot, Motta, Matuidi; Lucas, Cavani, Draxler.

Monaco XI: Subasic - Sidibé, Glik, Jemerson, Mendy - Fabinho, Bakayoko, Silva, Lemar - Falcao, Germain

Verratti is missing with an injury which is a big blow for PSG. Emery has gone with Draxler over Di Maria, despite the latter playing well mid-week.

That looks a strong Monaco team and without Verratti I'm thinking Monaco can get a result, but the PSG team is still pretty damn strong too.

Very tough to call this one. I'm sitting on the fence and saying a draw. Here's hoping it's a great game.

Half-Time and it's 0-0. Cavani's had one or two half-chances. Fabinho tested Trapp with a great long-range strike. Not a lot else of note though. Rabiot's probably been the best player so far. Thiago Silva has had a good half too. Falcao's been quiet.

Guardiola is at the match scouting Monaco. Roberto Mancini is there too.

Update: Trapp's got a hamstring injury 5 minutes in. Areola coming on to replace him.

Penalty to PSG. Sidibe fouled Draxler. Cavani to take.

And Cavani scores. Subasic dives the wrong way.

Ten minutes for Monaco to equalise.

Update: Goncalo Guedes comes on for his debut in the last few minutes.

Sillllllllvvvvvvvvvvvaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Monaco equalise. Areola lets the ball slip through him.

Huge goal!

Edit: I think the strike takes a deflection on the way through so not fair to blame Areola.

Full-Time and it ends 1-1. That late goal from Bernardo Silva puts Monaco back on top. Nice would have finished the evening in 1st place otherwise.

I think a draw was the right result. Neither side did enough to warrant the win imo. Meunier at right-back had a good game and did well getting forward. Thiago Silva dealt well with Monaco's attack for most of the game. Glik made a great saving challenge late on to stop a Di Maria cross. Bakayoko had a decent game too.

The game was underwhelming for the most part as both sides cancelled each other out but the final ten minutes were very good. The ref was excellent also and let the game flow.

League table top 3 currently:

1. Monaco - 49 points
    2. Nice - 49 points
    3. PSG - 46 points

Monaco are at home to Nice next Saturday afternoon in another huge clash. BT Sport didn't advertise that one so I don't think they will be showing it. I need to figure out a way to see that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Full-Time and it ends 1-1. That late goal from Bernardo Silva puts Monaco back on top. Nice would have finished the evening in 1st place otherwise.

I think a draw was the right result. Neither side did enough to warrant the win imo. Meunier at right-back had a good game and did well getting forward. Thiago Silva dealt well with Monaco's attack for most of the game. Glik made a great saving challenge late on to stop a Di Maria cross. Bakayoko had a decent game too.

The game was underwhelming for the most part as both sides cancelled each other out but the final ten minutes were very good. The ref was excellent also and let the game flow.

League table top 3 currently:

1. Monaco - 49 points
    2. Nice - 49 points
    3. PSG - 46 points

Monaco are at home to Nice next Saturday afternoon in another huge clash. BT Sport didn't advertise that one so I don't think they will be showing it. I need to figure out a way to see that!

I assume it's not on because of the ban on televised games in the UK between 3pm and 5pm on Saturdays.

I assume it's not on because of the ban on televised games in the UK between 3pm and 5pm on Saturdays.

I thought that only applied to UK games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I thought that only applied to UK games?

No.All games. El Classico hasn't been on a few times because of this rule.

Fine if they want to do that in the UK but really there should be a red button option available for Irish subscribers.

• Advertisement

Metz vs Marseille is the live game tonight on BT Sport 3 (7.45). New signing Dmitri Payet starts on the bench for Marseille, alongside top scorer Bafetimbi Gomis which is a surprise. Evra's been ruled out for 2 weeks with a hamstring injury.

Team news:
    Metz XI: Didillon - Balliu, Bisevac, Falette, Assou-Ekotto - Nguette, Doukouré, Philipps, Lejeune - Diabaté, Vion.

Marseille XI: Pelé - Sakai, Fanni, Rolando, Doria - Sanson, Sertic, Anguissa - Thauvin, Sarr, Cabella.

Metz are missing Renaud Cohade and Fallou Diagne after they were sent off last week against Angers. Didillon had a great game that day and is one of France's most promising keepers. Looking forward to seeing how he does. Diabate got 2 goals in Metz's last home game so will be a threat.

Marseille's line-up doesn't look that great. Pele back in goal is a boost but that defence doesn't fill me with confidence. I'm surprised they have rested players for this one as Metz caused Nice problems a few weeks back.

An upset wouldn't shock me in this one, but I'll back Marseille to get the job done 2-1.

Update: 0-0 at half-time. Not a lot of action of note. Didillon's had to make two decent stops but neither side have shown a lot of quality with their final ball. Doria's been poor at left-back again. Hoping to see Payet or Gomis or both in the second half.

Thauvin and Sarr off. Payet and Gomis coming on.

Metz lead 1-0. Free-kick from the sub Jouffre. Pele didn't do well dealing with it. 7 minutes remaining.

Full-Time and the upset did happen: Metz defeat Marseille 1-0. Not a happy Ligue 1 return for Dmitri Payet.

In truth I don't think Metz deserved the 3 points since Marseille had the upper hand for most of the game and Metz seemed content to take the point going into the final ten minutes; but Marseille were poor overall in the final third and the set-piece cost them. Cabella was very poor, as were Thauvin and Sarr. I think Rudi Garcia got the team selection wrong. Assou-Ekotto had a good game for Metz; I'm not normally a fan but he did well tonight.

The win takes Metz out of the relegation zone and ruins Marseille's hopes of keeping up with Lyon in fourth.

Monaco vs Nice is an afternoon game tomorrow. It's not on any of the usual channels. Dijon vs PSG is at 7 pm and will be on BT Sport. Some fun games to look forward to.

PSG have beaten Dijon 3-1. I managed to catch the second half. Dijon were proving frustrating and it was 1-1 after the first half but Emery brought on new signing Guedes, plus Ben Arfa, and the two made a good impact. Dijon were poor at set pieces and Thiago Silva got a goal after Reynet had made a good save. The keeper kept them in the game really but Cavani grabbed a late goal, turning in a shot from I think Guedes. Important win.

Monaco beat Nice 3-0 earlier in the day. I didn't see the match but I believe it was 0-0 at half-time so obviously Monaco kicked it up a gear in the second half. It means PSG are now in second, ahead of Nice on goal difference, with both sides 3 points behind Monaco.

Very exciting near the bottom too with two surprise results: Caen beating Guingamp 1-0 away and Lorient beating Lille away by the same score.

Nantes lost 2-0 at home to Nancy which surprises me. I didn't see the game but I heard it was a smash and grab win.

Tonight's evening game is an interesting derby match - Saint-Etienne at home to Lyon. It's live on BT Sport 3 (kick-off 8 pm). Team news:
    Saint-Etienne XI: Moulin - Malcuit, Theophile Caterine, Perrin, Pogba - Pajot, Veretout, Saivet - Monnet Paquet, Hamouma, Soderlund.

Lyon XI: Lopes - Jallet, Mammana, Mapou, Morel - Darder, Gonalons,Tolisso - Fekir, Lacazette, Depay

Hard to know what kind of performance you're going to get from Lyon. This would be a great game for Depay to endear himself to the Lyon fans.

I've a feeling Lyon might sneak it.

1-0 to the home side. Monnet Paquet.

Update: 2-0! Hamouma scores. Very nice finish as Lyon are cut to pieces. Lopes comes out and is left in no man's land.

Celebration needs a bit of work though:

https://twitter.com/philousports/status/828338501691310083

Update: Half-Time and it's 2-0 to Saint-Etienne. The home side deserve to be in front. Depay has been really poor - brought his Man Utd form. Fekir has been just as bad. Lyon need to improve massively to get anything from this game.

Update II: Depay off for Valbuena after 65 minutes. Offered nothing.

All kicking off now. Two red cards. Ghezzal first, then Tolisso.

Lyon - shambles.

Looks like the sub Lemoine has been sent off for Saint-Etienne too which is a surprise.

Full-Time and Saint-Etienne win 2-0.

It was an ugly and dramatic end to the game. Rachid Ghezzal came on as a sub late on for Lyon and got two bookings in a matter of minutes. He then acted quite petulant when he was sent off, asking the referee for a handshake too in a sarcastic manner:

https://twitter.com/philousports/status/828360859990757376

Then a minute or so following that, his teammate Corentin Tolisso committed a terrible lunging tackle that had players furious. He got a straight red card which was deserved. Saint-Etienne's substitute Fabien Lemoine then got sent-off for trying to get at Tolisso - that seemed harsh. So three red cards in about two minutes.

As for the actual football, Saint-Etienne deserved the win. Monnet Paquet and Hamouma played very well. Saivet was decent too. Lyon were really disappointing. Fekir and Depay were anonymous. Lacazette was ineffective. Their best player was Valbuena who came on as a sub for Depay. Speaking of Lacazette, reports tonight suggest he's eyeing a move away in the summer.

Lyon are now still fourth, 12 points behind Nice, though they have a game in hand. Looks good for Nice's chances of getting into the Champions League. Can't see Lyon challenging the 3 sides above them as they are too inconsistent.

There are midweek fixtures coming up in Ligue 1. Tuesday sees Monaco away to Montpellier at 6, while PSG are home to Lille at 8. Both games live on BT Sport.

• Advertisement

Nantes lost 2-0 at home to Nancy which surprises me. I didn't see the game but I heard it was a smash and grab win.

It absolutely was! I think the stats were something like 7-0 at half-time on attempts at goal. Then after the break, Stepinski made a balls of a one-on-one he was gifted, and their first two attempts end up in the net soon after.

It's a typical Nantes thing to do. Create loads of chances but a woeful conversion rate (hence the lowest goals scored in the league constantly over the past few seasons), then let the opposition in for a smash and grab that doesn't reflect the game at all. It's happened so much the past couple of season and is very frustrating to follow.

Bastia away midweek at least gives a decent chance to turn the form around before Marseille at the weekend.

Ligue 1 action coming up with Montpellier vs Monaco kicking off at 6 pm, live on BT Sport 3.

Team news:
    Montpellier XI: Jourdren - Mukiele, Pokorny, Hilton, Roussillon - Sylla, Skhiri - Ikone, Boudebouz, Dolly - Mbenza

Monaco XI: Subasic - Sidibé, Jemerson, Glik, Mendy - Lemar, Bakayoko, Moutinho, Silva - Mbappé, Germain.

Falcao on the bench for Monaco. No Fabinho either. Will be good to see how Mbappe gets on. Still looks a very strong line-up.

Ikone played well for Montpellier against Bastia at the weekend. Boudebouz can cause problems as well.

I will go for Monaco to win 2-1.

1-0 Monaco. Glik scores a header from Lemar's set piece delivery.

Update: 2-0 to Monaco. Mbappe scores after a beautiful counter attack.

Update II: Half-Time and Monaco lead 2-0. Mbappe almost added a second goal just before the whistle after a great pass from Bakayoko but Jourdren saved. Some of Monaco's breaks are a joy to watch.

Best chance for Montpellier came to Ikone but his attempt to place it went just wide.

Can't see Monaco failing to take the 3 points as they're playing some lovely stuff.

Caen are taking on Bordeaux in the other game that kicked off at 6; Bordeaux are winning that 2-0 thanks to goals from Rolan and Kamano.

Second half update: Montpellier have one back via Hilton. Life in the game yet.

Further update: Jemerson sent off with minutes to go. Gonna be a big test for Monaco now to see out the win.

Full-Time: Monaco win it 2-1. The last few minutes were nervy and Montpellier came close to a late equaliser but Monaco hung on. Jardim celebrated in a big way - knows that was a big 3 points.

In the other game that kicked off at 6, Caen have been beaten 4-0 at home by Bordeaux.

PSG vs Lille up next. Big news is that Emery has gone with a 4-2-3-1 instead of 4-3-3.
    PSG XI: Areola - Aurier, Silva (c), Kimpembe, Maxwell - Motta, Matuidi - Di Maria, Ben Arfa, Draxler - Cavani.

Lille XI: Enyeama, Beria, Basa, Soumaoro, Palmieri, Amadou, Xeka, Corchia, Kishna, El-Ghazi, Benzia.

Kimpembe getting a run out with Marquinhos on the bench. Maxwell gets play time instead of Kurzawa. Will be interesting to see how PSG get on under this change of system. Reportedly the players don't like playing this way and told Emery as much a few months back.

I'd still fancy PSG to win comfortably enough.

Well it wasn't a comfortable win but PSG got the job done. 2-1 winners over Lille with Lucas scoring in the 90th minute. Pity Lille couldn't hold out for the draw.

Just saw Areola's balls-up for the Lille goal :D he is blessed they turned that around..

Nice vs Saint-Etienne is live at 6 pm on BT Sport ESPN. Nice will be looking to win and keep pace with Monaco and PSG. Big news is that Balotelli's been dropped to the bench after his poor display against Monaco.

Team news:
    Nice XI: Cardinale; Souquet, Dante, Baysse, Dalbert; Cyprien, Seri, Walter; Eysseric, Pléa, Belhanda

Saint-Etienne XI: Moulin; T.Catherine, Lacroix, F.Pogba, Pierre-Gabriel; Veretout, Selnaes, Saivet; Hamouma, Roux, Monnet-Paquet.

I think this could be a tough game for Nice. Saint-Etienne are in decent form and I saw their win over Lyon at the weekend and they were impressive; Hamouma and Monnet-Paquet were very good. I'm a big fan of Seri and Cyprien in Nice's midfield and I'm keen to see how they play. Need Plea and Belhanda to do well.

I have a feeling Nice may struggle in this one. I'll say a 1-1 draw.

• Advertisement

A screamer from Cyprien! 1-0 Nice!

https://twitter.com/_Reivax_/status/829392177667137536

Update: Oh dear. Awful refereeing. Dalbert gets the ball blasted into his face and the ref says it was handball and awards a peno!

Now it looks like the ref has reversed the decision. Seemed like someone who saw the video replay let the ref know. Not sure if that's allowed but the right decision reached: no penalty.

Half-Time: Nice lead 1-0 and deservedly so. Played some really lovely stuff. Seri's great to watch.

Full-Time and Nice win it 1-0. Saint-Etienne were very disappointing in the last third. Didn't have the quality required to cause Nice problems. I thought Dante did very well in defence for Nice; Seri and Cyprien had good games too. Plea was a bit disappointing.

Depay has got his first goal for Lyon in a 4-0 win over Nancy. Marseille vs Guingamp is the evening game coming up.

Marseille beat Guingamp 2-0 with Payet on the scoresheet via a deflected free-kick.

https://twitter.com/Arrowgance_/status/829445316810309632

Gomis got the other goal.

Friday's game is Bordeaux vs PSG. That could be a tricky one for PSG. I'd fancy them to win, but might be a scare or two along the way like the Lille game.

Bordeaux vs PSG is the live game tonight on BT Sport Extra 2 (kick-off 7.45). Teams are in:
    Bordeaux XI: Carrasso ; Gajic, Jovanovic, Pallois, Sabaly ; Toulalan, Plasil (c), Sankharé ; Malcom, Rolan, Ménez

PSG XI: Trapp - Meunier, Marquinhos, Kimpembe, Kurzawa - Motta (c), Verratti, Rabiot - Lucas, Cavani, Di Maria.

Thiago Silva has been rested by Emery with Barca in mind, but other than that it's a pretty strong line-up. He's even gone with Verratti who is only back from injury. I think that's a sign he recognises this game could be a potential banana skin. Trapp gets the nod over Areola too which is no surprise given Areola's recent form.

Bordeaux have Kamano on the bench who got two goals against Caen earlier in the week. I think the front 3 chosen are capable of causing PSG problems though. I saw a stat during the week that Carrasso has the best save percentage (83.7%) among goalkeepers in Europe's top 5 leagues. If Bordeaux are to get anything they will likely need him to save a few tonight.

I can see Bordeaux making a game of it and it will be interesting to see what PSG's mindset is like with Barca around the corner. I'd love Bordeaux to get something from the game but I fancy PSG to win. I'll say 2-1 to the away side.

Wow a stunning strike from Cavani! 1-0.

https://twitter.com/Psg95Juju/status/830142353679740929

2-0 to PSG. Great counter with Verratti playing in Di Maria who dinks the ball over Carrasso.

https://twitter.com/Anton75_/status/830151174074544128

Update: Half-Time and PSG deservedly lead 2-0. Verratti has been excellent. I wonder is Emery tempted to take him off to save him for Barca. It would be a disaster if he picked up a knock. Rabiot has had a good half too. Bordeaux are struggling to create chances. Marquinhos made a great sliding interception at one stage. Malcom and Sabaly were probably their best players; Menez has done well also. I think PSG have too much quality though to be denied all 3 points.

• Advertisement

47th minute and Cavani scores another great goal. 3-0. Game over already.

https://twitter.com/UHeroesGoals/status/830157736591638528

Update: Verratti subbed on 60 mins for Nkunku to save him for the Champions League. Also Di Maria off for Draxler. Both had great games.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Cavani finally starting to show some of his Napoli form for PSG. He really did need Zlatan to leave.

Full-Time and PSG win it 3-0. Emery will be delighted with that. They got the 3 points and it looks like all his players came through the evening unscathed.

Verratti had a great game. Cavani was as lethal as I've seen him all season. Di Maria impressed as well (looks like Draxler's arrival has spurred him on to go up a gear). I thought Marquinhos was excellent in defence and Trapp looked solid in goal.

Obviously Barca will be a much tougher test but on this evidence I can see PSG being competitive.

Monaco vs Metz is live on BT Sport 3 at 7 pm. Monaco tend to be great to watch and they will be looking to restore their 3 point lead over PSG. Teams are in:
    Monaco XI: Subasic; Raggi, Glik, Toure, Mendy; Silva, Moutinho, Fabinho, Boschilia; Mbappe, Falcao.

Metz XI: Didillon; Rivierez, Milan, Falette, Signorino; Diagne, Doukoure; Sarr, Cohade, Mollet; Erdinc.

Jardim has rested a few players. Bakayoko, Lemar and Germain are all on the bench. Good to see Mbappe getting more game time.

Didillon will need a big game if Metz are to get anything. I like him, though he cost his side a goal mid-week against Dijon when he flapped at a cross. Sarr played well in that match - scored and won a peno. I fancy him to be Metz's biggest threat.

I'll say a Monaco win by two goals.

Update: Mbappe scores! 1-0 after just 7 minutes. Falcao assist.

Update II: Falcao scores minutes later! Moutinho's defence splitting pass plays in Toure who crosses for Falcao who puts it under Didillon. I think Didillon could have done better there. Great move though.

Update III: Mbappe scores again! Metz defence has been awful and Mbappe receives Fabinho's through ball and finishes excellently. The teenager is on for a hat-trick now. Just over twenty minutes gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Monaco are pretty good at scoring goals aren't they.

Half-Time whistle blows with Monaco leading 3-0. Can't recall too many halves as one-sided as that this season. Monaco could have scored six or seven. Mbappe has been excellent. Mendy has been very good too. Silva has also threatened. Metz look shambolic at the back. They've had opportunities to counter but haven't got enough quality to cause problems.

I see Lyon were beaten 2-1 by Guingamp earlier, their fifth defeat in their last seven games.

Hat-trick for Mbappe! 4-0.

Also there was a great strike from Lille's Yves Bissouma in another of tonight's games against Angers.

https://twitter.com/Gibney_A/status/830505479898066945

Update: 5-0 Monaco! Falcao bags another finishing from a Mendy cross. Falcao is on for a hat-trick now. Still more than a half an hour remaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Just the 75 league goals for Monaco now.

Monaco almost scored a ridiculous goal there. Mbappe with a Rabona cross to Falcao who can't connect with a bicycle kick attempt.

Mbappe is a future star if he isn't one already.

Also there was a great strike from Lille's Yves Bissouma in another of tonight's games against Angers.

He's now been given a straight red apparently!

• Advertisement
Advertisement