Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delayed registering as sole trader

Options
  • 12-08-2016 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi, I've looked up legislation for becoming a sole trader in the UK before, and it states "Register as soon as you can after starting your business. At the latest, you should register by 5 October in your business’s second tax year." And that once you have the intention of becoming a sole trader, that you basically are one.

I'm wondering what's it like in Ireland? The purpose of this is for a cashback deal, so I'm wondering will it work the same way as the UK? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭josha1

By the way from what I've looked up it seems that you don't need to register for unless you want to trade under a different name or for Vat under a threshold. It seems that you do need to send a t1 form to revenue before starting? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

josha1 wrote: »
    By the way from what I've looked up it seems that you don't need to register for unless you want to trade under a different name or for Vat under a threshold. It seems that you do need to send a t1 form to revenue before starting? Thanks

It's a TR1 form...and if you're trading you need to register, regardless of whether you're registering for VAT or not, as you'll still be obliged to make tax returns.

Advertisement