Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most expensive used car for sale on irish market ( ever ?)?

• 12-08-2016 9:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭

sorry no good at providing link but just noticed beshoffmotors.ie have in stock a 2014 Rolls Royce Phantom convertible for sale , looks lovely in pics. - black with cream leather - its listed as POA - Imagine it must be selling for about €450 K?

cant remember seeing such a high car for sale here before , I know people at this end of market aren't going to be counting their cents but depreciation on a car like that here is going to be huge.

They aren't going to make another Phantom model so that adds to its appeal but shows they weren't a great seller in first place.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

haw much wee thy new ?? you would think anyone looking for such a high end veichle would be buying new

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭vandriver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

The GPS shows a location in UK !?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

It will appeal to some but a car that large as a convertible looks silly, IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The lads at the NCT have probably already done a draw for who will get to test it in July 2018 ðŸ˜.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The closest one to it on AT is 348k euro before VRT so you wouldnt be too far off the 450 mark I reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭goochy

the depreciation buying new would be even worst and you would have to pay vat as well as vrt -which would put off those who have money but don't want to squander it. They don't hold their value well even in uk so buying used makes a lot of sense.

seems to be fair amount of room in rear - Harfords in Balbriggan have a 2013 saloon version which I think you can get on chauffer drive but they will probably sell at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Anyone with this sort of cash won't buy a car outright, they'll lease it. Your basically paying for the depreciation, probably less, without the need to sell the asset at the end. For example, there was a McLaren 'for sale' recently but its currently leased. Same applies to most of the i8's. You won't be rich very long if you are tying that amount of capital in cars.

I figure they put up the price to advertise it, cause a stir but have zero expectation of selling it. I guarantee if you approached with favourable lease terms you could have it. Its entirely different to those garages in the UK that sell exotica but exotica that is going to appreciate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

vandriver wrote: »

POA no wonder I missed it when searching for a soft top for the summer, never bother with POA dreamers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Casati

What kind of depreciation will the brave dealer suffer waiting for somebody with 450k and looking for a second-hand motor to casually pop in while going for a walk out the pier??

I would have thought that bringing such a car in on spec without a confirmed order in advance would be a great way to lose money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭scwazrh

While I would love to be in a position to consider spending that amount of money on a car , I don't think i ever could . Would much rather a range rover and a ferrari for less cash and a lot more fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Casati wrote: »
    What kind of depreciation will the brave dealer suffer waiting for somebody with 450k and looking for a second-hand motor to casually pop in while going for a walk out the pier??

I would have thought that bringing such a car in on spec without a confirmed order in advance would be a great way to lose money

Unless they have a buyer for that particular car and it looks well on the stock lost for any other potential buyers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Unless they have a buyer for that particular car and it looks well on the stock lost for any other potential buyers.

I'd imagine thats the case or else they have it on a sale/return basis from a UK dealer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭wyf437gn6btzue

Phantom drophead in beshoffs is circa 500k with vrt but theres very little chance of it being sold here. Its on the uk market for £299,000. This year has been a particularly good year for high value cars in Ireland.

Are you saying it's for sale in UK ? Surely it's been imported so wouldn't make sense to import to export ?
    Are you saying it's good year for new luxury cars ? Please elaborate ? Notice that alot of dealers have new Merc s class saloons and coupes ex stock . Even in the Celtic tiger years this didn't really happen with s class and cl coupes.
    It's seems at top end of market it's all about having cars ex stock, buyers buy on impulse and want cars now not in a few months time

goochy wrote: »
    Are you saying it's for sale in UK ? Surely it's been imported so wouldn't make sense to import to export ?
    Are you saying it's good year for new luxury cars ? Please elaborate ? Notice that alot of dealers have new Merc s class saloons and coupes ex stock . Even in the Celtic tiger years this didn't really happen with s class and cl coupes.
    It's seems at top end of market it's all about having cars ex stock, buyers buy on impulse and want cars now not in a few months time

I was over in beshoffs today, That car came from the Uk and will most likely get sold back to the uk, if you look on pistonheads you will see the listing for it priced at 299k pounds. As for the s class coupes from what I understand are not selling well, theres a lot of stock around, even in dealers who wouldn't usually handle as high a value car as that. but when you look at the luxury market overall, its way up in brand new sales compared to previous years.

S class coupe too cramped in rear and arrival of c class coupe which is too similar too it does it no favours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭useless

Paddy Connolly 4x4 is advertising a Bentayga for 459k for the last couple of months. Id have thought there wouldn't be too many takers for one of those in Ireland

S class coupe too cramped in rear and arrival of c class coupe which is too similar too it does it no favours

Yeah id agree, as bad as it sounds id say most of the people that would have the cash to buy an s class coupe certainly don`t want to be put in the same bracket as c class coupe owners.

useless wrote: »
    Paddy Connolly 4x4 is advertising a Bentayga for 459k for the last couple of months. Id have thought there wouldn't be too many takers for one of those in Ireland

You`d be surprised, there`s a white Irish reg bentayga in dublin. Although I wouldn't say he would have much luck shifting it at that price, seems on the high side.

• Advertisement

Saw the white one wasn't impressed. Paddy connolly hasnt got the other one on his website just in paper ads. He's always pricey and the vehicle probably isn't even in the country he is big into marketing spin

Saw the white one wasn't impressed. Paddy connolly hasnt got the other one on his website just in paper ads. He's always pricey and the vehicle probably isn't even in the country he is big into marketing spin

I was down two weeks ago to snap a few pics of the R8 he has and there was no bentayga there, I`d say it is just marketing for the most part indeed.

Phantom looks very well in your picture , Paddy connolly usually keeps more expensive stuff offsite anyway.
    He's advertising a mad priced hummer H1 for a while but no sign of pics. Wonder if it could be the ex johnny Ronan one resprayed black?

Phantom looks very well in your picture , Paddy connolly usually keeps more expensive stuff offsite anyway.
    He's advertising a mad priced hummer H1 for a while but no sign of pics. Wonder if it could be the ex johnny Ronan one resprayed black?

100k for a hummer seems steep but the one up in Morgan cars in warrenpoint is 130k although that is fairly customized, thats on louth plates too. I dont think thats johnny ronans old one in paddy conollys, I think his was newer than 98.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

100k for a hummer seems steep but the one up in Morgan cars in warrenpoint is 130k although that is fairly customized, thats on louth plates too. I dont think thats johnny ronans old one in paddy conollys, I think his was newer than 98.

But it's right hand drive!! I'd buy it....

While looking up the hummer at Morgan cars , I noticed pimped up rolls silver ghost they have , guys you have to look this up I thought i was going to be sick ! Have heard of Morgan cars before and seen their stickers on cars but seem to deal in cars for people with no taste . Think J and F group just outside Belfast would be the best Independent dealer of fancy cars up north

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Bought a car from them a couple of years ago, at the time they had a Rolls Royce advertised for about 200k... So I asked if they get much interest etc...

He said then that they were selling the car for somebody, acting as an agent I guess... I would suspect that this is similar. Assume they take a commission of they sell it.

Have you seen the rolls on their website ?
    if I was allowed drive it around f.o.c from them I wouldnt be seen dead in it !

While looking up the hummer at Morgan cars , I noticed pimped up rolls silver ghost they have , guys you have to look this up I thought i was going to be sick ! Have heard of Morgan cars before and seen their stickers on cars but seem to deal in cars for people with no taste . Think J and F group just outside Belfast would be the best Independent dealer of fancy cars up north

They bought that rolls Royce at wilsons auctions a few months back, it was sold with the rest of the owners cars which included a dmc aventador which Carl Hartley of Tom Hartley cars bought if I can remember correctly. I think their intentions for it was to use it as a hire car for weddings and so on but it mustn't of worked out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Des Cullen Cars, when they were in Rathmines, sold a Porsche Carerra GT for €1,000,000 at the height of the madness. If I remember it wasn't brand new, had small millage on it.

The veyron that Cunningham and Higgins sold too, I know it was only kept here for a short time and wasn't vrt'd but that would of been around the 1.2 or so million.

Don't think those cars were ever advertised

Where those cars at wilsons seized from gangsters ?
    The hummer at paddy connolly must be Johnny ronans one , his was definitely 98D and it says it's irish from New . It wasn't a nice shade of blue and they must have resprayed it during recommissioning .
    wonder have Morgan cars got anything to do with Morgan fuels ? Seems to be someone with alot of money who just buys cars they like and if they sell they sell. Always weary of places that don't seem to be run as businesses.

Where those cars at wilsons seized from gangsters ?
    The hummer at paddy connolly must be Johnny ronans one , his was definitely 98D and it says it's irish from New . It wasn't a nice shade of blue and they must have resprayed it during recommissioning .
    wonder have Morgan cars got anything to do with Morgan fuels ? Seems to be someone with alot of money who just buys cars they like and if they sell they sell. Always weary of places that don't seem to be run as businesses.

Yeah the previous owner of the cars sold in Wilsons was a street pharmacist from what I hear. As far as I'm aware Morgan cars are a family run business, not sure if they have anything to do with Morgan fuels. They do sell some top end stuff, a couple of years back they had a mclaren slr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Rumour has it McGregor was looking at that Rolls :)

https://youtu.be/9FOpHiYCmYw

• Advertisement
Advertisement