Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What tan do you use?

Options
  • 12-08-2016 9:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭

I have a wedding to go to shortly and I am trying to find a nice tan because my dress is knee length and I am wearing nude shoes so need a nice tan. I hear different things about different tans, so I'm just interested in hearing what tan you guys wear, what skin tone you have, how it wears, if you're more dry than oily skinned?

Myself, i would tend to have tans done in Vita Liberata. If I'm putting on instant tan I'll use VL too, although I remember I quite liked bronze express too.
    I'm very pale. Skin would be more on the dry side with very dry skin on my legs.

Xen tan looked quite nice but I have no idea where I would get a spray tan done in Dublin? Has anyone used the Lycon tan? What about bellisemo tan?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I use cocoa brown one hour tan in dark and their gradual tanner. There may be marginally better tans on the market but for the price V quality I don't think you can beat it.

I'm using a st tropez sensitive gradual face tanner atm too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

I'm pale and my legs are prone to dryness too. I mostly use the dove gradual tanner (2 layres) as I find its hard to make much of a mess with it even if you're not super careful. It wont make you exactly tanned though, just take away the pastey-ness.

Back when I used to wear proper tan a lot more, I used to wear this from Clinique - https://www.clinique.com/product/1660/4891/Sun/Sun-Self-Tanners/Self-Sun-Body-Tinted-Lotion-MediumDeep

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I use Tantastic for a top up but mostly I use the Bondi Sands 'liquid gold' dry oil, I apply it straight after a shower and it's amazing. I'm ghostly pale but this leaves me looking golden and glowy

anna080 wrote: »
    I use Tantastic for a top up but mostly I use the Bondi Sands dry oil, I apply it straight after a shower and it's amazing. I'm ghostly pale but this leaves me looking golden and glowy

Oh I've heard a bit about Bondi Sands lately... Do you apply it with a mitt or how? I've never used an oil based tan before. Does it dry in quickly?

Oh I've heard a bit about Bondi Sands lately... Do you apply it with a mitt or how? I've never used an oil based tan before. Does it dry in quickly?

Ya I apply with a mitt straight after shower, use no moisturiser or anything but the tan itself is very nourishing and moisturising as it contains argan oil. Dries in very quick I'd say by the time I've my bottom half done my top half is completely dry. The only thing is its clear to apply but I've never ever ever had even one slight streak with it, and I have been known to butcher my tan in the past. Lovely coconut scent from it as well. No transfer onto clothes or sheets either.

Edit to say when I say I apply with a mitt I mean I spray it on to my body and then rub it in with a mitt, don't apply it straight on to the mitt as it absorbes most of the oil.

• Advertisement

anna080 wrote: »
    Ya I apply with a mitt straight after shower, use no moisturiser or anything but the tan itself is very nourishing and moisturising as it contains argan oil. Dries in very quick I'd say by the time I've my bottom half done my top half is completely dry. The only thing is its clear to apply but I've never ever ever had even one slight streak with it, and I have been known to butcher my tan in the past. Lovely coconut scent from it as well. No transfer onto clothes or sheets either.

Edit to say when I say I apply with a mitt I mean I spray it on to my body and then rub it in with a mitt, don't apply it straight on to the mitt as it absorbes most of the oil.

Thanks, thats really helpful. My only fear with clear tans are that I'll miss a bit and not notice! Do you need to build up a few layers or is one use noticeable?

Thanks, thats really helpful. My only fear with clear tans are that I'll miss a bit and not notice! Do you need to build up a few layers or is one use noticeable?

One layer is fine for me as its a natural golden colour, but you can definetly build up a few layers for a deeper colour. I've tried their mousse as well and it's a lot darker but still very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

Cocoa Brown - I've dry skin and this doesn't leave me patchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I hadn't worn tan in like 8 years until 2 weeks ago... I was at a wedding in Liverpool and panicked when I saw how much effort the other guests were putting in so I booked in for a spray tan. The salon used Xen tan and it came out so lovely. Particularly on my pasty legs! I have to say that I think I've caught the tanning bug again. Going to try out their at home products of any one has any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I tried out the Bellamianta tan last night. It dries very quick so you have to work fast. The development time is 2+ for light, 3+ medium, 4+ for dark. I am ghostly pale but left it on all night. It's not as dark as I expected it to be given that I left it on all night but it's still a really nice colour and very natural.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Not a fan of Cocoa Brown at all. Love the colour from L'Oreal Sublime Bronze, but it takes forever to dry so it's just not worth it. Vita Liberata is nice, very natural. Really like Bellamianta, lovely golden olive colour. My current favourite is Tantastic, dries really quickly and develops into a lovely medium-deep (if that makes sense) tan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Where is good in Dublin city centre for either bellamianta or xen tan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I used to use Cocoa Brown tan, but I don't know if the formula changed or the product I have is too old but I've found that when I use it, it looks obvious on me, it look obvious that it's fake tan and not real tan.
    I took a chance buying Bellamianta - more costly than what I would normally spend on a tan. I like the colour I am left with after showering off the residue - it's like the colour I would go on holiday.

Other than that I'm pretty lazy when it comes to tanning, it's normally for special occasions. I put on a layer of gradual tan once a week or fortnight just to take the pasty hue off me!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 KatieBelle92

I love the Cocoa Brown gradual tan, I think it's called gentle bronze. If you use it every day for a week you get a really even, golden tan in my experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I love the Cocoa Brown gradual tan, I think it's called gentle bronze. If you use it every day for a week you get a really even, golden tan in my experience!

Love this stuff too, gives such a nice colour!

Advertisement