Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killalane Road Races 2016

Options
  • 11-08-2016 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

I'm sorry to hear that there is a dispute over the second of this year's Killalane Road Races and that the Loughshinny Motor Cycle Supporters Club have regrettably decided to cancel this years event due to 'politics' between the ruling body for the Sport (Motorcycling Ireland) and the Loughshinny Motorcycle Supporters Club.
    I see the headline on this week's Fingal Indo covering the story and a thread on the issue here .. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057630849.
    I'm not a fan of motor sport,but the amount of effort from all the resident's along the track and in the area is amazing,not leaving out the dozen's of volunteer's and farmers that let their land be used etc.
    It is a huge community effort every year,and bring's a lot of tourism and business to the local area as well as providing a good day's entertainment for the family and all the visitors that attend the race's when they are staged.
    Let's hope the problem's can be resolved and that the long standing tradition of motor bike racing of the Killalane Road Races continues for many year's to come.

Comments

Advertisement