Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light foundations

Options
  • 12-08-2016 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭

My skin has improved so much in the past few months and I think I can finally start wearing lighter foundations i.e. lighter coverage and lighter texture! I'm quite pale so a lot of foundations in boots etc. are too dark for me.

I'm really interested to try mac face & body, so many makeup artists go on about it, the shade range is ideal and the container size is massive (if I buy from a pro store).

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Urban Decay naked skin foundation is lovely, I'm really pale and I'm not even the palest shade! It's very lightweight but can easily be built up if you want more coverage for a breakout, occasion etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Oh that sounds lovely, how does it wear? I might see if I can get a sample from House of Fraser!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

I have mac face and body which i often mix with other foundations but seldom wear on its own. One of my friends uses it as her everyday foundation though and she swears by it.

What pro stores sell MAC? Do you need to be in the industry to buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Grafton Street Brown Thomas is a pro store, I've bought pro products there before (mac full coverage!), no need for any cards or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

GingerLily wrote: »
    Grafton Street Brown Thomas is a pro store, I've bought pro products there before (mac full coverage!), no need for any cards or anything.

Oh I thought you meant beauty supply store or something :)

Myself and MAC in BT's are well acquainted :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

I used MAC face and body for a long while, I'm lucky in that I can get away with light coverage makeup, its lovely and dewy and feels very light on, the only thing I didn't like, but that could be just because of my skin, is that it can get very shiny.. like if I wear it to work all day by the time I'm going home its very shiny and I'm more of a matte lover. I have used powders over it and its helped but powders tend to dry out my skin so I try not to wear them! It depends on what you fancy yourself :)
    I wasn't allowed wear makeup to work for the longest time (lab work) so it lasted me forever! :)
    When I was weighing up prices the smaller bottle was no more expensive than a no7 one I used to wear, so I don't consider it that expensive :)
    I'm currently wearing No7 stay Perfect. I got it cos I had a voucher with money off no7. its lovely, a little bit more coverage than face and body, but not too heavy!
    I've heard L'oreal True Match is lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 hungergamer

I too am very pale skinned. Bare minerals liquid foundation is fab and comes in very pale shades. I also use the Bare minerals powder foundation. My go to foundation usually is Clinique super balanced in 01 Petal. Perfect for pale Irish skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

No.7 Stay Perfect and No.7 Essentially Natural foundations are two I would recommend, they are both long lasting, can be used for sheer coverage but built up to medium should you want more coverage.

http://www.boots.ie/en/No7-Stay-Perfect-Foundation_1376459/

http://www.boots.ie/en/No7-Essentially-Natural-Foundation_1273323/

These two by Chanel are gorgeous also, pricey though.

http://www.boots.ie/en/CHANEL-PERFECTION-LUMIERE-Long-Wear-Flawless-Fluid-Makeup-SPF-10_1247048/

http://www.boots.ie/en/CHANEL-LES-BEIGES-All-In-One-Healthy-Glow-Fluid-SPF-15_1472333/

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Bobbi browns skin foundation is my holy grail base.

I love that it doesn't feel like make up and if gives a lovely velvety finish with light-medium coverage.

Plus the lighter shades don't look ghosty.

Advertisement