Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Race to the Stones

Options
  • 12-08-2016 11:04am

Hi

anyone do this? thinking of giving it a try in 2017

http://www.racetothestones.com/

Dixons Carphone Race to the Stones is a fully supported 100km challenge along the iconic Ridgeway. Whether you run it or walk it, complete it in one go or stay overnight in our basecamp, the event is guaranteed to be the challenge of a lifetime.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭pansophelia

Hi Dursey,
    I actually did this a month ago - did the one day 50k option as my first 'ultra' and had an absolute ball. I did it with a friend, ran most of it but stopped for ages at all the aid stations (had tea/chocolate/crisps/topped up on water/had a chat with people) and enjoyed almost every minute! We started a few minutes late, and did hit some congestion early on on one stretch, which you could avoid if you wanted. If you were competitive it's pretty good too, the times were quick at the top end/100k.
    The basecamp was pretty cool - we'd finished when we got there, and had hot showers, a hot meal and lots of cake before getting the bus back to the start.
    The scenery is beautiful, it's really well organised, and the other competitors were lovely. I'm aiming to go back next year, and trying to persuade other people to join me. i just need to decide wether to do the 100k over two days or 100k all in one go! Let me know if there's anything specific you're wondering!

Advertisement