Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kinnegad to Eastpoint

• 12-08-2016 11:14am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭

Does anyone commute from Kinnegad to Eastpoint or from a similar commuter distance to Eastpoint every day? I am looking at a new job there but i'm concerned the traffic may be too bad going over there...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭cgcsb

If you can park in Maynooth, get the train to docklands station and walk, driving ain't worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

cgcsb wrote: »
    If you can park in Maynooth, get the train to docklands station and walk, driving ain't worth it.
    The service(s) from Maynooth to Clontarf Road are quite poor all things considered, most DARTs seem to depart northbound in mornings immediately before ex-Maynooth arrivals in Connolly and they're both spaced at 15 minute intervals typically.

Docklands trains are better but start at M3 parkway outside Dunboyne. You can't directly go from Maynooth to Docklands. A change at Clonsilla is possible or else drive to one of the Dunboyne line stations if possible?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

cgcsb wrote: »

Would driving be totally out of the question?

The service(s) from Maynooth to Clontarf Road are quite poor all things considered, most DARTs seem to depart northbound in mornings immediately before ex-Maynooth arrivals in Connolly and they're both spaced at 15 minute intervals typically.

Docklands trains are better but start at M3 parkway outside Dunboyne. You can't directly go from Maynooth to Docklands. A change at Clonsilla is possible or else drive to one of the Dunboyne line stations if possible?

if I got the train from Dunboyne would that get me to eastpoint?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,855 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

That's guts of 150km round trip a day, 750km a week plus the tolls and wear on the car. At best I would say 3 hours a day travelling in your car. Eastpoint has limited car parking spaces for each company, unless you have an assigned space you will nowhere to park.

In an ideal scenario if you could start at 8 and finish at 4.30 it might be bearable but if you have to be there for 9 it will be hell, particularly when the schools are back. Your main pain will be getting from the M50 to Eastpoint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

jezzer wrote: »
    if I got the train from Dunboyne would that get me to eastpoint?

A train to the Docklands would leave you a 10min walk to Eastpoint.

No matter what way you slice it, it would be a tough commute. 40mins in car > Park > 40 mins on train Train > 10 mins walk Walk then add cost of fuel, train fare and parking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

Parking is free in Dunboyne Train Station however would still be tough commute.

That's guts of 150km round trip a day, 750km a week plus the tolls and wear on the car. At best I would say 3 hours a day travelling in your car. Eastpoint has limited car parking spaces for each company, unless you have an assigned space you will nowhere to park.

In an ideal scenario if you could start at 8 and finish at 4.30 it might be bearable but if you have to be there for 9 it will be hell, particularly when the schools are back. Your main pain will be getting from the M50 to Eastpoint.

feck, thats not good, i dont mind the distance but i couldnt hack sitting in traffic, plus an hour each way is more than enough with a full days work inbetween

No matter what way you slice it, it would be a tough commute. 40mins in car > Park > 40 mins on train Train > 10 mins walk Walk then add cost of fuel, train fare and parking.

feck it, its not worth it, thanks for the info :eek:

feck it, its not worth it, thanks for the info :eek:

Yea, although I applaud any human looking to better themselves careerwise there needs to be common sense in there too. Look to places like Citywest of places like Sandyford for jobs. Although traffic would not be great they are just off the motorways so access is relatively easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭plodder

You could bring a fold-up bike on the train to Connolly and cycle from there.

plodder wrote: »
    You could bring a fold-up bike on the train to Connolly and cycle from there.

No, you dont want to be one of 'those' guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭plodder

No, you dont want to be one of 'those' guys.
    Just an idea :). They're definitely not cool, but the only bikes you're allowed to bring on all trains.

I cycle or drive there myself, but from North County Dublin, and on a realfullsized bike. So, I don't actually know what it's like traveling with one of the foldups.

The other thing worth mentioning about Eastpoint is that parking is definitely at a premium. Unless you've specifically been told you have a parking space, then you can assume you won't have one. There are shuttle buses from the park to Clontarf road dart and the Luas stop at Point/3arena. Some private buses stop at 3 arena. Might be worth looking into that. If driving at off peak times, the tunnel is a god send. The back entrance to the park is directly off the tunnel, but an extra 3 euro each way. This time of year it's easy to get to the park from M50 via Ballymun/Griffith ave.. In Winter, it's very slow. I can cycle faster from Ballymun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭chewed

You must be a very fast walker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,903 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Would driving be totally out of the question?

Unless you budget for the tunnel both ways and have a parking space guaranteed, forget it. Surface routes are woeful traffic wise even in summer and useless in winter. Outbound is better than inbound but getting out of the park is always bad

Yea, although I applaud any human looking to better themselves careerwise there needs to be common sense in there too. Look to places like Citywest of places like Sandyford for jobs. Although traffic would not be great they are just off the motorways so access is relatively easy.

Good idea, thanks for the info

Advertisement