Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH and Religion (again)

Options
  • 12-08-2016 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭

If this is in the wrong place please move or delete and advise me of procedure.
    I am raising an issue that comes up from time to time, I think at least 4 in the last few years, about the need for some sort of filtering of all the religious threads on AH.

Some of them are philosophy, some theology, some general rants and so on. I wonder if they could be sent to a more suitable location in the Atheism forum or Philosophy or Ranting. A Religious cafe like politics cafe might offer a place for the remainder.

Everyone would still be able to say whatever they want and appropriately: AH isn't quite the place for discussions on the logical fallacies, Christology and the hadith among other ideas. I think if mods had the option to move a thread even to a cafe it would lead to a cooler discussion.

Anyway. That's all I'm saying here. Thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I can certainly take that back to the mod team. Often they will try to move threads where there is a more appropriate forum.
    That said, the nature of AH means that all threads could really be placed elsewhere however many people prefer an AH audience where they can be more casual with their language and more light hearted than some of the religious forums would allow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement