Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you live on Glenbeigh Rd?

Options
  • 12-08-2016 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi there,

We're going to look at a house on Glenbeigh Road which looks like it could tick all our boxes but it ain't cheap.
    The surrounding area seems like it could be a bit dodgy, but this is going on reports from a few years ago. There's a lot of talk of the Dunard and Mc Kee park being overrun with anitsocial behaviour.
    Can anyone give a morerecent opinion on the area?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Where is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭recipesforme

It's a road very near the NCR in Cabra. It runs between the Navan road and Blackhorse Avenue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Its always been considered a nice road...when I was a kid..it was were the posh people lived.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Dubwat

Bit of a rat run for traffic... the traffic would put me off, rather than the neighbouring estates. Also might be a big influx of students once DIT Grangegorman gets going?

I don't know about prices but have you looked a bit further up at Villa Park/Skreen Rd?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 d7guy

Hi I live in McKee park .there is little or no anti -social behavior the estate is really quite and since the old folks complex was built a few years ago (which backs on to Glenbeigh rd) it has really helped to gentrify the area.
    I absolutely love living here close to all amenities bus routes etc... hope this helps .
    Message me if your looking for any more information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

Live near there. A lovely road to live on. It is safe and quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭recipesforme

Thanks so much for all your replies. It really helps to hear from people who know the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I've been using it as a rat run to work for 30 years and I've always thought it was a lovely road. And although it is a rat run its never busy, I rarely even meet other traffic on it and I travel it in the morning and back again in the evening.

Nice area so far as I can tell. Convenient too for two Tescos stores, Blackhorse Ave has two lovely pubs on it and Manor St/Stoneybatter is looking good these days with plenty of nice bars and a few diners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

I used to live on Glenbeigh Road and I loved it.

Nice and quiet most of the time and really convenient for parks, shopping etc.

Quick bus ride into the city center also

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Iphone Joan live beside it

• Advertisement
Advertisement