Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR disconnected my VODAFONE broadband

Options
  • 12-08-2016 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

My Neighbours have EIR and have been having a terrible intermittent issue with their TV service so today the technician is outside trying to sort it out and disconnected my Vodafone broadband!!!

Told him and he seems to have reconnected it but what the hell is going on when ye can't even tell which line is your own customer?

My line is broadband only and this is the 2nd time that EIr have disconnected me from my Vodaofne broadband, the previous time they took over my line and gave it to someone else because it appears at the cabinet as an available clear line.

Please EIr stop interfering with my Vodafone broadband!

Maybe there is some kind of signal that can be placed on lines like mine to alert your own technicians that the line is in use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Told him and he seems to have reconnected it but what the hell is going on when ye can't even tell which line is your own customer?

It may be your VODAFONE broadband but they are EIRs phone lines. In the cable that he is working on would have hundreds of smaller cables, one of which will be yours, so that's some of the reason it's hard to identify each persons line. surely he disconnected you by mistake and I'm sure it's not as easy as you seem to think it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

It may be your VODAFONE broadband but they are EIRs phone lines. In the cable that he is working on would have hundreds of smaller cables, one of which will be yours, so that's some of the reason it's hard to identify each persons line. surely he disconnected you by mistake and I'm sure it's not as easy as you seem to think it is.

He was working between the cabinet and the two individual connection boxes on the wall outside. More care and checking avoids such mistakes. They also need to put some type of signal onto broadband only lines as these appear as free lines at the cabinets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭sennah

He was working between the cabinet and the two individual connection boxes on the wall outside. More care and checking avoids such mistakes. They also need to put some type of signal onto broadband only lines as these appear as free lines at the cabinets.
    A&A (a UK ISP) had to start pushing an audible message down their naked DSL / broadband only lines as Openreach techs had a habit of swiping the quite pairs when they heard no dialtone (blog here)

I imagine it would be quite easy for Openeir to do something similar here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

My Neighbours have EIR and have been having a terrible intermittent issue with their TV service so today the technician is outside trying to sort it out and disconnected my Vodafone broadband!!!

My line is broadband only and this is the 2nd time that EIr have disconnected me from my Vodaofne broadband, the previous time they took over my line and gave it to someone else because it appears at the cabinet as an available clear line.

Please EIr stop interfering with my Vodafone broadband!

Maybe there is some kind of signal that can be placed on lines like mine to alert your own technicians that the line is in use?
    Hi  foggy_lad,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear this. 
    Unfortunately we would be unable to log a fault from here and I would recommend contacting your provider and logging a fault.
    Please feel free to PM me your details and I will relay your feedback to the works management team.

-Pamela 

Advertisement