Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short term room rental in cork

Options
  • 12-08-2016 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey guys, I am recently back from a 6 month trip abroad and am heading back to my old stomping ground, cork city. I want to set up base for 3 or 4 months before moving on to travel abroad again.

I should be able to find work to keep me going but finding accommodation is hard if you are only staying short term. I don't want to sign a years lease which is the norm and lose my deposit and I have tried a few places to see if they are strict about there lease limit but normally they won't budge.

Any short term let's are for 1 or 2 months which isn't long enough. I am using daft but I have also trawled the web and the only other site which deals with short term leases in cork is easyroommate.ie and they don't have much and you have to pay a fee to call people!

If anyone has any ideas where I can look or if you know someone please let me know. I'm a male 35, friendly and sporty.

Thanks.

P.s. there is a place for foreign students too but its 145 a week which is a bit above my budget.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Have you tried Air BnB perhaps one of them would take on a more lengthy let or try some of the bnbs, they may also let out a room for long term.. Hotel Issacs too think they may do this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

walsh247 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I am recently back from a 6 month trip abroad and am heading back to my old stomping ground, cork city. I want to set up base for 3 or 4 months before moving on to travel abroad again.

I should be able to find work to keep me going but finding accommodation is hard if you are only staying short term. I don't want to sign a years lease which is the norm and lose my deposit and I have tried a few places to see if they are strict about there lease limit but normally they won't budge.

Any short term let's are for 1 or 2 months which isn't long enough. I am using daft but I have also trawled the web and the only other site which deals with short term leases in cork is easyroommate.ie and they don't have much and you have to pay a fee to call people!

If anyone has any ideas where I can look or if you know someone please let me know. I'm a male 35, friendly and sporty.

Thanks.

P.s. there is a place for foreign students too but its 145 a week which is a bit above my budget.

If €145 p/w is above your budget, then your only hope (for a short-term let) is a hostel.

Advertisement