Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

That_Guy wrote: »
    Is he ignoring it because it's an ongoing investigation I wonder?

Well its been reported and updates are available through other media formats, but alas dont think Joe wants to go there...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

247 in Joe speak is that 2047 in normal speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Will we get a mention of religion in with Marco?

We'll end on a keep the faith, I bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

No, amongst other reasons he's allegedly ingnoring it because Tom Savage's (Chairman of the RTE Authority) PR Firm represent BOTH the OCI and THG (or TCH as Joe calls them).

As for "ongoing investigation", it's in another jurisdiction, we can discuss away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

How many days now has Joe avoided the Pat Hickey saga???

Cut out and keep.

Accident-Prevention-Sign-NHE-16448_300.gif

• Advertisement

too big to take on- he only picks on the little fella

• Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

if this is him upset, what is he like cheerful ??

And how would de EYE-Tally-yan Fibregades compare to de Irish ones so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Will we get a mention of religion in with Marco?

We'll end on a keep the faith, I bet.

BINGO

edit : not keeps the faith, but mention of a beautiful catholic area

Religion - Check!

Right, will Marco get to plug a business in Dublin now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Are you joking? He'd get 3 days out of that.

Do you think so? Well, in that case I could mention the late night earthquake that I felt while in Malawi in November 2007, though that didn't knock me out of bed either, and the small one in Ireland a few months after that. So I've survived at least 3 earthquakes.

I'm not religous but WHOY does Joe's Catalick God keep inflciting deeze tragedies on de poor Catalick people so to speak?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Collection, eh its one of the richest institutes in the world, just sell off a few jewels in Rome.

Wow the Arch Bishop is going to have an extra collection- why doesn't he sell one of his rings?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"We'll have a donation"

THE FUND IS BACK BABY!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I'm not religous but WHOY does Joe's Catalick God keep inflciting deeze tragedies on de poor Catalick people so to speak?

Sure what would Joe have to talk about if he didn't?

Flukey wrote: »
    Do you think so? Well, in that case I could mention the late night earthquake that I felt while in Malawi in November 2007, though that didn't knock me out of bed either, and the small one in Ireland a few months after that. So I've survived at least 3 earthquakes.

I landed in San Fran in October 2007 on a work trip around mid day. Went to bed for a few hours and woke up to hear there'd been an earthquake. Everyone in the group felt it except me. I'm normally the lightest sleeper ever as well as being a poor sleeper so amazed how I slept through it, but I did so to speak.

AdWatch:

Ray Darcy (although he's on holidays) - (RTE)
    Carphone Warehouse - Commercial
    The Business - (RTE)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Oops69 wrote: »
    Most of the buildings have been standing since the 14 th century in these villages , the amount of ****e thats been spoken about the 'fragile old buildings ' is unbelievable

New buildings not much better:
    http://www.ansa.it/english/news/politics/2016/08/25/quake-inquiry-into-amatrice-school_1960583b-cf75-439e-886b-df5c9dfed2d7.html
    (ANSA) - Rome, August 25 - Lazio Governor Nicola Zingaretti said Thursday there will be an investigation into the near collapse of a school in the mountain village of Amatrice, which was flattened by a 6.2 magnitude earthquake before dawn yesterday.
    The Romolo Capranica kindergarten, elementary and middle school was built in 2012, allegedly with anti-seismic criteria, with funding from the education and research ministry.
    "The school did not collapse, but was damaged," Zingaretti said. "There will be an inquiry".
    He said the ministry financed a total of 29 buildings in Amatrice, including the hospital which was also damaged. "The hospital didn't come down," Zingaretti said.
    "Authorities are using it for the identification of the dead".

Older buildings are stone and mortar, mortar starts to move and when it crumbles, that's it. It's very different to brick and cement. Thing is that those buildings would have been weakened by several quakes over the centuries, this was the one that accounted for a fair few of them. A town a few miles away would have traditionally have been built at a different time, using different techniques and different materials (you used what was around you), so they may be affected differently.

My ex is from Sicily and she did a Masters on this back in the day.

Oh god no!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,337 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ffs, bollix from Florida.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Wow the Arch Bishop is going to have an extra collection- why doesn't he sell one of his rings?

Or give them a rub of his relic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Brendan O'Plug-in.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ad watch:

Ray D'arcy promo - RTE
    Carphone Warehouse
    "That's the Business" - RTE

Like I said the other day, all that proves is the average age of a Radio Times reader is over 70.

Any chance a fund to be raised to keep that little s*it over in Florida???

• Registered Users Posts: 82,337 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Could BOC pay to rebuild your mans house?

I'm surprised Joe didn't corrected Brendan's "we beat" with "we bet".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Lesson in sycophanty now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Dickie Rock on Friday and now this clown. Jesus wept.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement