Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

There wasn't the same hatred for Father Ted though, was there?

No, because that was funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,338 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What was Joe expecting him to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

I think Eammon Dunphy said it best “That’s the first time I’ve seen sex between two men on the BBC.”

M

No, because that was funny.

Exactly, his "colonial" excuse doesn't add up.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

There wasn't the same hatred for Father Ted though, was there?

It was funny, still is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"Tell your mam thanks for the chicken"

What?

I think Eammon Dunphy said it best “That’s the first time I’ve seen sex between two men on the BBC.”

I was just about to type a comment on how much times have changed in Ireland - now we have one man fellating another live on the National Broadcaster at lunchtime.

M

What about the emails, what about the emails?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Oh wait, RIO updates

• Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Pat Hickey !!!!!

• Advertisement
    M

They must be splicing the fook out of the interview to fit the agenda.

Wow, he actually mentioned Pat Hickey.

Joe needs to check with The Communications Clinic if the interview is to their liking before he's allowed to broadcast it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Yeah, you're doing great work for changing British views on us of being a backward inbred bunch of potato munchers alright.

But, to be fair, the same sitcom could be made about West Country Wurzels or Fenboys, or Jocks or Taffs. All grist to the comedy mill - the UK audiences love to poke fun at the others up the road.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

2smiggy wrote: »
    Pat Hickey !!!!!

he'll start at 2.50, 2 minutes talk, ad break for 5, 1 minute talk, 2 minute ad break then over to the Ray Darcy show.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

the establishment response to this scandal has been sickening

"Clients" probably

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭Hamilcar

What's your college qualification

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Hold on a sec, did she say she has'nt worked since leaving college in 1994???

Joe trying to stretch this one out to avoid Rio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭bigroad

What is he like sticking his snout into the Pat Hickey case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Hold on a sec, did she say she has'nt worked since leaving college in 1994???

That's what I heard!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

pc7 wrote: »
    It was funny, still is!

It's one of the very few I re-watch episodes of when I come across them.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

They're going to try edit that interview in a way that it garners personal sympathy from the public rather than vitriol towards the scandal itself.

Mark my words!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Maybe it's me, and a legacy of the Brendan O'Carroll shyte, but I suspect this one has an attitude issue.

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    But, to be fair, the same sitcom could be made about West Country Wurzels or Fenboys, or Jocks or Taffs. All grist to the comedy mill - the UK audiences love to poke fun at the others up the road.

I've less issue with them poking fun out of their own Nationality. I do have an issue with them doing so at our expense, particularly given the history between the two nations.

BTW, I have worked in the YOU KAY myself. I found the vast majority of the people to be quite nice, but shoyte like MBB is just fuel for the bigoted ignorant minority.

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    It's one of the very few I re-watch episodes of when I come across them.
    I'm the same and still buckle up laughing. I do watch reruns of Only Fools too, the chandelier one was on the weekend it was still so funny.

M

Sounds like anything the public service try to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

What qualifications or skills does she have?......(other than an honours degree in whinging)

• Advertisement

A lot of these agencies do that with cvs, people spend ages formatting, aligning etc then they adapt them to their system and make a balls of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement