Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,341 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Do RTÉ have to announce to the media the amount of complaints they get about a show if it reaches so many complaints or is it only disclosed after freedom of information requests?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Do RTÉ have to announce to the media the amount of complaints they get about a show if it reaches so many complaints or is it only disclosed after freedom of information requests?
    Unfortunately, there is no 'freedom' of information in the Land Of The Indoor Barbecue! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Only if it goes to a BAI hearing, then it's disclosed.

Otherwise they are filed here:
    _original

If you look carefully you can see my name is printed on one 47 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Expunge

And again.....the elephant in the room is on the board of the RTÉ Authority, he's the chairman in fact (Tom Savage). Savage is also an owner of and Director of The Communications Clinic (in any other country that would be a conflict of interest that would disqualify you from a role in the state broadcaster but not in Ireland).

Guess who is a client of TCC? The OCI.

Guess who's another? THG (the ticket sellers). Conflict again? Not at all.....

You want to know where the pressure to conduct that call came from? Follow the chain of dominos.....

Sorry Butters, just to clarify that, for nearly 2 years now, the Veuve Clicquot Business Woman of the Year and Ernst (Earnest?) & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Moya Doherty is chairman of Raidio Teilifis Stalin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

I've emailed joe@rte.ie setting out a few points about the interview yesterday and that I'd like some time to explain an alternative viewpoint on the interview, namely:

1. Offence was committed in Brazil, not Ireland
    2. Pat Hickey isn't "frail", he's fairly tidy for a man of his age, he's well able to jet around the world and press flesh is 35 C of heat and the humidity of Rio, so it's nonsense to paint it as such.
    3. Cameras at arrests are common in many countries, especially the USA. Here we had a few dozen reporters waiting outside Seanie Fitz's house for days on end. Again, it's Brazil, not Ireland.
    4. General tone of the argument was aggressive, rude and shouty, permanently interrupting. Very unprofessional.
    5. No listeners were allowed to interact, this goes against the idea of Liveline. The interview was a personal indulgence on Joe Duffy's part.

But above all, it's
    6. Asking (broadly telling) the Inspector that he should have used his gun to remove journalists from the hotel before the arrest. We've a sad record of journalists being threatened and intimidated with guns in this country*, the comment was diabolical in the utmost.

*Veronica Guerin being the most well know, but not the only one.

7. I suggest a poll: "In light of what we know about the case, is Pat Hickey being unfairly treated in Brazil?".

Phone is charged, I'm in Dublin today, so I've full reception bars on the phone, so no excuses RTE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

surprise surprise

he is missing today

Philip Boucher Hayes on today.

No show like a no show Joe show.

Fcuking Coward !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

no Duffy today...surprise, surprise...PBH in

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

You'd have to wonder...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I just came on to see if we knew what the topic would be today, cannot believe (Well I can) that he isn't here! Unreal!!

• Advertisement

Red Kev wrote: »
    I've emailed joe@rte.ie setting out a few points about the interview yesterday and that I'd like some time to explain an alternative viewpoint on the interview, namely:

Response is here incidentally:

Out of Office: Interview with Brazilian police officer Thurs 25.08.16‏

Out of Office: Interview with Brazilian police officer Thurs 25.08.16
    Joe (joe@rte.ie) Add to contacts 12:54 Keep this message at the top of your inbox
    To: Kev......
    joe@rte.ie
    Thank you for contacting Joe Duffy at Liveline. Because of the large volume of e-mails we are unable to reply to each one individually.If you have not included your telephone numbers on your e-mail and would like to talk to Joe on the show please let us have your contact details.

If you would like to contact the office, the direct lines are 01-2082984,01-2083263, 01-2082127,01-2083438, 01-2083196 .

It is not always possible to use every story but if we are in a position to do so , we will call you back.

Thank you for your interest in the show.

Should you wish to make a formal complaint under a section of the Broadcasting Act 2009, Broadcasting Authority of Ireland codes or RTE guidelines, this should be done, in writing, directlyt to complaints@rte.ie , or

RTE Complaints, 3rd floor, Admin building ,RTE,Donnybrook,Dublin4 .

Further information on the RTE complaints process may be found on the RTE website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Just for fun, tweeted @rteradio1 asking was this a preplanned absence or was it in response to yesterday's on air bullying.

M

surprise surprise

he is missing today

The gutless fook :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Hopefully Joe will spare us a Peter BArry love -in today .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

1. Offence was committed in Brazil, not Ireland
    2. Pat Hickey isn't "frail", he's fairly tidy for a man of his age, he's well able to jet around the world and press flesh is 35 C of heat and the humidity of Rio, so it's nonsense to paint it as such.
    3. Cameras at arrests are common in many countries, especially the USA. Here we had a few dozen reporters waiting outside Seanie Fitz's house for days on end. Again, it's Brazil, not Ireland.
    4. General tone of the argument was aggressive, rude and shouty, permanently interrupting. Very unprofessional.
    5. No listeners were allowed to interact, this goes against the idea of Liveline. The interview was a personal indulgence on Joe Duffy's part.

But above all, it's
    6. Asking (broadly telling) the Inspector that he should have used his gun to remove journalists from the hotel before the arrest. We've a sad record of journalists being threatened and intimidated with guns in this country*, the comment was diabolical in the utmost.

*Veronica Guerin being the most well know, but not the only one.

7. I suggest a poll: "In light of what we know about the case, is Pat Hickey being unfairly treated in Brazil?".

Phone is charged, I'm in Dublin today, so I've full reception bars on the phone, so no excuses RTE.

I'm afraid my own email to the programme yesterday was rather less measured.

Is Joe Duffy advocating that the commissioner should have turned his gun on the camera crews?
    What a tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

[/quote]
    Is Joe Duffy advocating that the commissioner should have turned his gun on the camera crews?
    What a tool.[/quote]

Yep. Remember when he nearly burst out of his nipple clamps when Willy oDea pointed a pistol at some journalists a few years ago?

Like sooo many other examples herr Joe's position on something changes depending on his mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

PBH today? Anything's better than FF, for which I nearly didn't bother tuning in.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

The gutless fook :mad:

He could be in Rio negotiating the release of the Olympic one..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Owryan wrote: »
    Just for fun, tweeted @rteradio1 asking was this a preplanned absence or was it in response to yesterday's on air bullying.

I'm not on the twitter machine so do let us know if you get a reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Is it a Funny Friday today, after Mannix Monday, and TalkOverThePoliceman Thursday?

• Advertisement
    M

He could be in Rio negotiating the release of the Olympic one..

He would if there was fees involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Philip Boucher Hayes on today.

No show like a no show Joe show.

Fcuking Coward !!!

What did i tell ya yesterday, Joe does a classic duck and cover, typical, ffs!!!!

M

Now this is a proper topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

On The Buses

• Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

story's about the school bus , what a let down :(:(

I think one of the core points that Joe missed about the arrest was the fact that the whole commotion / urgency / discommoding was certainly ramped up by the fact that Mr Hickey's wife told the policemen that Pat Hickey had left the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

No chile left behind - unless they've been already mutilated by a ceiling fan.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭bigroad

That Rio policeman should never have come on the radio to shouted at by that fat turd.

Nothing to see here folks. Yesterday's interview never happened.

• Advertisement
    M

If you build a house in the middle of the countryside it should be a condition of planning that you have a car to bring your kids to the nearest major town to get the schoolbus from there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement