Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

A peeping tom checking out the nuns :D:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Tractors causing hold-ups on rural roads. Another sh1t-stirring episode to look forward to.

aw right, thought it was something about Rio

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"I used to live in dungarees"

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I'm imagining this lad hiding in the bushes with his binoculars.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Maurice Hickey regaling a junket in foreign lands many moons ago cut short to talk about bathing attire.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

• Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Red Kev wrote: »
    Thing is that ir isn't done once a year; it's permanent 12 months of the year and that's the problem with it.

The Swiss and Germans give it 3 days a year, told in advance. If you break it they fine you a minimum of €5000 in Germany. Money is taken out of any payments that you get from the government or EU. No bollicking around and their IFA doesn't start to cry about it either.

they have to put out their normal slurry over just 3 days a year ? or human waste ?

to tell the truth I know nothing about any regulations about human waste here

She said RIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,341 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If they don't like the culture in the country they are visiting fook off so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"I applied for jobs in Rio"

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

That_Guy wrote: »
    "I applied for jobs in Rio"

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

I presume she meant Riyadh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

But I thought the Hickey family thought that Pat was back in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Ah, now we're getting health concerns raised by the Hickey family.
    Perhaps he should have kept his hand out of the till.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

No chance he's leaving Brazil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

The Communications Clinic earning their money from the sound of that well coached press release by the Hickey clan.

Wonder if Joe is off getting more training from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

I think it's time for Duffy to resign.

He's politically biased, uses the show to promote himself and his friends and is terrible and hypocritical when trying to get to the bottom of the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,341 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

He's politically biased, uses the show to promote himself and his friends and is terrible and hypocritical when trying to get to the bottom of the issue.

He will never resign but he is a contractor so RTÉ simply don't need to renew it, there's no cash payout needed for non staff so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Could he take PBH with him - the most boring man on radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Expunge wrote: »
    Sorry Butters, just to clarify that, for nearly 2 years now, the Veuve Clicquot Business Woman of the Year and Ernst (Earnest?) & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Moya Doherty is chairman of Raidio Teilifis Stalin.

Apologies, you're correct. Not sure how I missed that one........

Though you'd have to imagine that having "worked" together for decades Duffy and Savage would have you know maybe met each other once or twice so to speak......

• Advertisement

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Could he take PBH with him - the most boring man on radio.

The Pedantic Boring Humanoid as I call him. He'd give aspirin a headache.

I missed to day's show and about to read the thread now - in reverse so to speak.

De big question so to speak:

Did de powers dat be in RTÉ give Joe a dressing down (gown? ;) ) after yesterday's show and reprimand him for his bullying of the Brazilian Policeman

OR

Did Joe wake up dis morning, see it was sunny and decide he wanted ANOTHER day off to eat 99s on Dollymount Strand?

Text B for Bullying or I for Ice Cream to 51551.

How do you think Pbh feels about just being called up because 400k Duffy doesn't feel like doing his hour a day job?

And was there a funny Friday that was due today? Have Duffy's "comedians" been shafted due to his ego?

Bet they'll still get their fees - not their fault Duffy took the day off. They had a gig planned and they're "entitled" to get paid. They could have been doing a sell out show in Caesars Palace or Madison Square Garden if they hadn't committed to FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭furiousox

He was in lovely Leitrim yesterday evening.
    Maybe the jet lag was too much for him.

http://www.leitrimobserver.ie/news/home/214014/joe-duffy-to-re-launch-drumshanbo-s-glimpses-of-the-past.html

CPL 593H

iamnotme wrote: »
    Duffy must have enjoyed himself last night after all his exertions yesterday,

http://www.leitrimobserver.ie/news/home/214014/joe-duffy-to-re-launch-drumshanbo-s-glimpses-of-the-past.html

Stockbroker shirt - went out in the 80s and but for a brief reappearance in the 00's (or the 0's as Joe would call them) haven't been seen since.

AND IF I'VE SAID THIS ONCE I'VE SAID IT A THOUSAND TIMES, THE FOUR PRONGED POCHETTE/POCKET SQUARE (hanky to Joe) HASN'T BEEN SEEN SINCE THE 90s. LEARN HOW TO DRESS YOURSELF YOU MUPPET. IT'S NOT LIKE YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT.

Also, your pochette should either match the colouring of your tie (ideally) OR at least some colour in your shirt. of course you couldn't manage either.

If you want to kmow how to wear one you plank, there's pictures and words and stuff here dat explains it:
    http://www.gq.com/gallery/the-gq-guide-to-pocket-squares#1

Working backwards through the thread I can see today was literally shoyte talk for the majority of the show.

Nothing new there then so to speak.

That's to make up for the lack of Funny Fryday today callers!

McDermotX wrote: »
    poo-poo

Grow up FFS !

Well the occasional host of this show burst his shoyte (!) laughing at the mention of "willy" yesterday. He probably would have had the same reaction today (had Brindin O'cardle said it).

I'm working my way through the thread, should I listen back. My gut thus far is telling me no so to speak......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

I'm working my way through the thread, should I listen back. My gut thus far is telling me no so to speak......

Nope, not worth it at all Butters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,856 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm just listening to the six one news and the statement of the hickey family has fierce similarities to what the ballyer prince said yesterday in his "interview" of the Brazilian police chief. I wonder lads or am I being too cynical here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement