Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

can i listen back to this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,341 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Pat Kenny I had previously thought you were somewhat of a plank, all is now forgiven your the first broadcaster so far to ask the questions on everyones mind and state the facts of the case.

Was a bit disappointed though that he gave her a free run when she was going on about Hickey's 'impressive status' outside Ireland.
    He neglected to point out to her that PH consorted with the likes of Putin, and other totalitarian rulers in Eastern Europe. PH himself is reported as saying that he is 'more popular in the East than in the West'.

Credit where it is due, Pat did ask Ms. James some difficult questions. Some of her answers, though, were farcical. What did her children interrailing throughout Europe have to do with anything? Oh, she worried they might be blown up. What?????? This was part of her attempt at a reply when Pat asked her why she thought PH was so unpopular!!

After her performance on MF yesterday, I was gobsmacked to hear her on PK today. She must have gotten her degree in waffling!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Liam Collins comment on the Pat Hickey saga in todays Independent, I think the only think he didn't compare him to was the Irish Famine of 1740–41...

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/comment/liam-collins-time-we-stopped-treating-hickey-as-public-enemy-number-one-35002756.html

Going on that basis surely Paul Kelly of Console should be let off as well and is a victim of a public opinion witch hunt.

Could Liam Collins answer the question as to why Interpol's money laundering unit are investigating this as well. Can't remember the last time I heard them getting involved in the affairs of an Irish citizen.

Anyway Liam Collins, the biggest backlash is due to the brazenness of the man, the same brass neck attitude and-fcuk-you-peasants-shut-your-mouth-and-pay-your-taxes attitude that is prevalent by so many of the "establishment", the very same establishment that drove this country onto the rocks and the very same establishment that are standing together to protect one of their own.

That's why we lack sympathy for him. Along with essentially telling the people of the country (through Shane Ross) that he has no questions to answer and the matter will be dropped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Sweet Jesus, the waffle out of the solicitor: he is exposed to mosquitoes, it's only ticket touting, mis-identification, dawn raids, he's irish so deserves special consideration. She really painted him as a poor, unwell innocent fella, Terry Prone must be proud how everyone is sticking to her script.

Some more: WHOA terrorism, recession, scandals, fear all given as reasons why people dont like him. Pat asked was it not to do with forcing Sonia to change kit in a tunnel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Pat Hickey love train keeps moving smoothly along.

This stag tried to jump a cyclist in the Phoenix Park (not Emmett Stag).

000cc534-642.jpg

House haunted by ghosts or Pokemons...give Joe a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

the bull headed defense of Hickey continues

obviously complaints mean nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Won't be able to listen today, but bombard the show with texts during it if he keeps up this muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Is he back today?

M

monkey9 wrote: »
    Is he back today?

Yes so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭furiousox

There's no way he'll back down on this.
    His inflated ego is bruised and he's as arrogant as Hickey and Co.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

I'll gnaw off my own arm if he apologises for the tone of his "interview" today.

M

Ian O'Doherty article, interesting closing piece...
    I'd love to be more specific about what we could we could learn from the Brazilians.

But I can't comment on individual cases...

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/ian-odoherty/justice-needs-to-be-seen-to-be-done-but-were-all-talk-34996135.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

With regard to the o Donovan brothers homecoming the DUblin 4 media are really doing this to death at this stage.

M

Does he have the name registered or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,856 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Here he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

WTF is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Ah; small business gripes.
    Nothing like avoiding the important sh(t at all.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Does he have the name registered or not?

Obvious question, but Duffy won't ask.

M

Supplying the gear to the Aras, lol.

• Advertisement

What the hell has got to with pat hickey so to speak ?

M

He bought a white van to copy him, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PathMatcher

"Soundhire sounds a lot like sound-hire"

Award for stupidest thing Joe has said this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

It's not the same van.
    But it's white.
    It's the same van, then.

That's JoeLogic.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Briliant joe. The two words are the exact same joe. So they sound the same so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

This wont end well for Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Sue the fcuker if you've a case , more important national issues to deal with , this is outrageous really .

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Supplying the gear to the Aras, lol.
    Well in with the establishment so.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I'm going to set up an airline called Ryan-Air!

• Advertisement
    M

Sound Hire on Solocheck shows up someone not related to either...

http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Sound-Hire-Events-Limited-531772

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement