Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

sligojoek wrote: »
    Stunning lithigraph. Stunning. Stunning.
    "Duz you be an artist yourself? I've done a bit of dat in me own right, ye know. A few studies of cats and dat kind of stuff and one very interesting ting with colummmmss on it. Dat was received wit' critical acclaim by dese Dubalin Art Connysewers, who all sed it was pure magical."
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Red Kev wrote: »
    "Well Joe, twas back in 211, and I had a knock with the oul chariot. It was just after the death of emperor Septimius Severus and I was on thee way to the Battle of Tong Pass. Here's a lithograph of the incident Joe that Faberius Castellius drew up for me".

carro_falcato.jpg

And no need whatsoever to ask what colour is the lithograph

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭shamrockvilla

Joe now doing research on his new book, Children of the troubles, according to his twitter account. He has the neck to ask people for names of children that died. Monger of misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭h.gricer

you-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka.jpg
    No I ain't new, but not much luck in this long running thread, you upload a photo of Gene Wilder and a few days later the guy dies, but Gene Wilder was a lot funnier, may he rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Joe now doing research on his new book, Children of the troubles, according to his twitter account. He has the neck to ask people for names of children that died. Monger of misery.

Well he won't he calling it by that title as there's already a book with that title so to speak.

• Advertisement

h.gricer wrote: »
    No I ain't new, but not much luck in this long running thread, you upload a photo of Gene Wilder and a few days later the guy dies, but Gene Wilder was a lot funnier, may he rest in peace.

I have two immediate thoughts on this:
    1. Sad to see Gene go. True legend of comedy.
    2. WHOY haven't you posted a pic of Joe? ;)

And no need whatsoever to ask what colour is the lithograph

You say that like he doesn't ask the most obvious questions.....

Another random thought on Wilder....I wonder did he ever say "willy"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Another random thought on Wilder....I wonder did he ever say "willy"?

Wilder: "Willy Wonka Joe."

Joe: "EXPUNGE!! EXPUNGE that filth immediately"

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I think I'll watch The Producers again.
    A pair of chancers going hard at it.
    Does that remind anyone of anything?
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

h.gricer wrote: »

Caller:"Joe I remember him in that movie with the little oompa loompas".
    Joe:" Midgets, refer to them as midgets".

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Keep up Peter. It's people of diminutive stature.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Keep up Peter. It's people of diminutive stature.

I was trying to think back on when Liveline discussed the important social issue of "Hens handcuffed to midgets", and I couldnt remember what politically correct term they settled on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I really, truly and sincerely hope that Duffy has the wit to stay away from that tragedy in Cavan :mad:

"And Bridie, I know you must have walked into lots of houses yourself over the years. Have you ever come across the aftermath of a mass murder/suicide yourself?"

"I haven't Joe, no. To be honest, I was just ringing up about the Pokemon, Joe."

"...Sigh"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Dan Jaman wrote: »

Duffy loves that website - dis info and dat info

I was trying to think back on when Liveline discussed the important social issue of "Hens handcuffed to midgets", and I couldnt remember what politically correct term they settled on.

I think it was dwarf/dwarves that he settled on....

Although if he did settle on a dwarf there'd be a death and he'd need to get the Fibre Gade out to remove him from the crushed dwarf so to speak. He'd likely see that as a WIN-WIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,341 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Will Joe be mentioning the Apple taxes and the €2829 per person in taxes they owe the country?

I sincerely hope he doesn't touch the Cavan story, but I've no doubt every curtain twitcher in Ballyjamesduff will be hammering 1850715815 into their phones since 6 a.m. to try to get their version of the story out.

It'll be 98% "shocked...distraught...never think something like that would happen here..lovely woman...gorgeous children", all the while subtly egged on by his truly and his necromania.

Will Joe be mentioning the Apple taxes and the 2829 per person in taxes they owe the country?
    Bingo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Coming uo today:
    Gene Wilder and the Dublin connection
    Apple taxes (and udder fruit n veg)
    People who come upon road axydints

• Advertisement

So Joe is looking for some fella called David Hogarty who was 4 in the Gene Wilder fillum Quackser Fortune has a cuzin in de Bronx. Are you he, or is he you*? Dial 1850 715 815.

Sounds like Joe is off on one of his self indulgent "investigations" today. Tune in, I shall not.

*Of course you could ring in, say that you are that fella and lay into Duffy about his phone call with the Brazilian cop last week. :pac:

So caller, you imported garlic as apples and got 6 years in the Joy and the yanks imported phones as apples and got a €13,000,000,000 tax write off so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,860 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

When he brings up the apple taxes how long will it be before a caller rings in and get it confused with actual apples ? And a classic lavh line conversation will follow with Joe refusing to correct the caller so to speak.

Didn't listen yesterday and won't be listening today so to speak but caught the tail end of de promo so to speak. From de part I caught it sounded like Horatijoe has founded de peeple dat did helpeded de person dat did crashed on de MN11 (that's what he called it, "the MN11") as he tee'd up up in his usual style. Listen as he unites these two, there might be a Subway Meal Deal in it for someone so to speak.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    When he brings up the apple taxes how long will it be before a caller rings in and get it confused with actual apples ? And a classic lavh line conversation will follow with Joe refusing to correct the caller so to speak.

Joe: And were day red apples or green apples caller?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,860 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Joe: And were day red apples or green apples caller?

Caller: red or green ? They were yellow Joe. Big long yellow apples Joe.
    Joe: back after deeze....

Aine lawlor gave Stephen Donnolly short shrift there didnt she. Did Sean Whelan study at Harvard???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Red Fred wrote: »
    Coming uo today:
    Gene Wilder and the Dublin connection
    People who come upon road axydints

Oh, so it'll be death, suuiside and depression so....

God I hate the predictable sequence that usually follows these events and how the media laps it up..

Firstly: Stern newsreader with very solemn expression, usually John Finnerty, with the news to tell us of the tragedy.

300x300.jpg

Secondly: Some wishy washy Father O'Malley telling us how "the community is devastated" and how "nobody can understand it".

Thirdly: Every chat show and current affairs program feels that it is their obligation to find answers, playing it out on the airwaves while the family are just coming to terms with things.

Nothing surer. Death and taxes

• Advertisement

God I hate the predictable sequence that usually follows these events and how the media laps it up..

Firstly: Stern newsreader with very solemn expression, usually John Finnerty, with the news to tell us of the tragedy.

300x300.jpg

Secondly: Some wishy washy Father O'Malley telling us how "the community is devastated" and how "nobody can understand it".

Thirdly: Every chat show and current affairs program feels that it is their obligation to find answers, playing it out on the airwaves while the family are just coming to terms with things.
    First of all, I'd like to take this opportunity to offer my deepest condolences to the loved ones and friends of ......., Great GAA player etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement