Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Joe take PH and go shove his head up your ass you deserve each other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Dont worry Joe I'm sure Pat Hickey will send a message of thanks for your support last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,341 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Can I get out of paying my taxes this year too as they will also be spent foolishly?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

No doubt the Bold Duffster wiv a cuzzin in de Bronx will claim some sort of credit for the Ticket Touter's release.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

im fuking LOVING this narative that we cant be trusted to spend the 13 BILLION.

well fuk off mate if you dont want it ill take it and spend it well.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Did everyone who replied get the template 30 day response? I got mine, have a reminder set to follow up if I don't hear from them.

M

Irexit

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Is this the last minute balance slot?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

BPKS wrote: »
    'Paul' Pot. Good man Joe.

Joe confusing him with the guy who won Britain's Got Talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Get Gaybo on quick and ask him how much he lost

• Advertisement

Bank shares went to the wall.
    Nothing like all your eggs in one basket, eh?

M

He put all his eggs in one basket and lost the lot so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Someone should make a Pokemon Muhammad.

A fair bit of public money shovelled in to your pocket as well, Joe, how come you never acknowledge that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Pensioner living on the side of the road......Needs some of that Apple Cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

I love the way the clown Duffy makes up his "not true" statements to make his point sound more important.

He said earlier on in the programme that "indeed many people were surprised to know dat der were 87 names on the Merrion Square monument".

Did lots of people ring in to the show to let him know that they were surprised at this. How does Duffy know that many people were surprised?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

I love the way the clown Duffy makes up his "not true" statements to make his point sound more important.

He said earlier on in the programme that "indeed many people were surprised to know dat der were 87 names on the Merrion Square monument".

Did lots of people ring in to the show to let him know that they were surprised at this. How does Duffy know that many people were surprised?

Just the note to hand over to D'Arcy... the banks. A ten minute lecture on banking for the rest of us now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

minikin wrote: »
    Someone should make a Pokemon Muhammad.

Good idea. All those Pokemon idiots would head off to Saudi Arabia and never be seen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Pat Hickey released from prison. Joe will be ragin' that it didn't break on da Lahvline so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

That_Guy wrote: »
    Pat Hickey released from prison. Joe will be ragin' that it didn't break on da Lahvline so to speak.

Did you not hear him practically sing the news that Hickey was released at around 2.55, you got nearly hear his feet tapping too.

Aine lawlor gave Stephen Donnolly short shrift there didnt she. Did Sean Whelan study at Harvard???
    The woman has a serious giggling problem.

She dropped Donnelly like a hot brick when the RTE journo came into studio to say something utterly inconsequential that had already been discussed. Thereafter, Aine Lawlor's only contributions were occasional interjections of schoolgirl giggles.

I never hear her behaving like this around female correspondents or people whose opinions she doesn't share (impartiality lol). Odd behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

That thing with Gene Wilder bringing the 4 year old boy on a picnic and expecting the kid to make an adult decision about moving to the US is crazier than the everlasting gobstopper! :confused:

Hitchens wrote: »
    That thing with Gene Wilder bringing the 4 year old boy on a picnic and expecting the kid to make an adult decision about moving to the US is crazier than the everlasting gobstopper! :confused:

The whole thing was probably total hokum, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    The whole thing was probably total hokum, anyway.
    Probably, but Duffy was charmed by it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

My name is ButtersSuki. It's been 5 days since I listened to Lahv Lahn so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

My name is ButtersSuki. It's been 5 days since I listened to Lahv Lahn so to speak.

The next step is to stop reading this thread.

Butters woke up Wednesday morning with no way to hold his phone that didn't hurt (so to speak).
    And the Morning Ireland he had for breakfast wasn't bad so he (eye)Podcasted Ray Darcy for dessert.

On a Wednesday afterNOOOON sidewalk.
    Wishing Lord there was a telly poll.
    Cause there's something in a Wednesday makes him want to text WHOY (for no) on the phone.

M

Today...
    De Apple story, the bill would now be closer to €19billion with interest added
    Pinemartins, they should be culled so to speak according to a farmer
    Man crippled with a mortgage and he is very unhappy as other houses around him sold to de affordable housing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Man crippled with a mortgage and he is very unhappy as other houses around him sold to de affordable housing.

In fairness, this could become quite controversial. Not just amongst people like above but also we'll soon have a situation where the ordinary citizen who wants to buy a house will be competing against public funds. Noticed that it was emphasised that the state would only be buying 'bank' properties but that don't wash. If the state weren't to buy these, then they'd have to come on the open market. An ordinary couple wanting to buy a house may soon have to pay their taxes to a government who will then compete with them using their own taxes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Go over to the Accommodation forum. There's a few examples of people being outbid by the council when trying to buy a home.

Thing is that the council doesn't increase the bidding by €1000-2000, they tend to go up by €10,000 at a time. Can be hard to swallow alright.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement