Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,342 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Bad line button back from repair workshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Bit late for a bad line now, Joe.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Make your point Theresa in one sentence for God's sake.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

This could have had a lot more potential if there was more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,342 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Saved by the Ray D'Arcy bell so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,965 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

D'Arcy only going mad he wasnt asked to do the cycle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Teresa didn't come across well here, but Rory Cowan isn't covering himself in glory either here.

Duffy of course was pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm gonna follow this fight on Facebook. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,872 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Joe ray Darcy is waiting and sighing loudly because Joe is going way over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,747 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

They should just have had a row on twitter and each could have blocked each other.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Rory really comes across as a selfish bitch, "Oh Id have to think about doing charity work"........seriously!!

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

Who is Rory Cowan?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭sjb25

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'm gonna follow this fight on Facebook. :pac:

I'd say she is going to explode on Facebook poor aul joe is in for it also I'd say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,872 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

An explosion at the cape ? He doesn't know if there are casualties ? Bit vague.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Who is Rory Cowan?

One of our greatest actors

Oh? A celebridee doing someting for charidee?

"Bad taste in your mouth".....aint going there!!!

If Brendan O'Caddle is listening, he'll have that in the next episode of Mrs Brown's Boyiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Who is Rory Cowan?

a thespian of great renown

signostic wrote: »
    a thespian of great renown

I googled him, and I'm humbled.

Presumably Ray poached the egg to sit atop of his fancy food.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Had to drive back from Wicklow this afternoon, and I have to say I really enjoyed that. That guy Patrick is my new hero. "You're wrong again Joe" :D I near crashed the car I was laughing so much. One of the best livelines ever.

Thursday should be renamed "Beat Down Thursday" in honor of Patrick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Only surpassed by Joe himself in the role of the charlatan on Mrs Brown's Boys.

gallery_tv-mrs-browns-boys-series-3-episode-4.jpg

Though Joe, in fairness, had the advantage of being a method actor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

If they had let her finish one sentence without that edjit insulting her or cutting across her she might have been able to get her point across. Every single time she got halfway though a point she was cut off by one or the other of them. Joe clearly afraid to upset his showbiz buddy by allowing a fair debate. I still have no idea what the womans actual complaint was because she wasn't allowed to articulate it once.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Only surpassed by Joe himself in the role of the MORBIDLY OBESE DEATH AMD MISERY ENTHUSIAST charlatan on Mrs Brown's Boys.

gallery_tv-mrs-browns-boys-series-3-episode-4.jpg

Though Joe, in fairness, had the advantage of being a method actor.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭boardise

Re the Cowangate skirmish -this woman's 'contribution' was incoherent and wrongheaded from the start.
    He didn't say she was vile -he said the comment was vile and I would agree it was pretty close to it even though he might have chosen a less contentious word. The point is she impugned his integrity without any clear justification.

boardise wrote: »
    Re the Cowangate skirmish -this woman's 'contribution' was incoherent and wrongheaded from the start.
    He didn't say she was vile -he said the comment was vile and I would agree it was pretty close to it even though he might have chosen a less contentious word. The point is she impugned his integrity without any clear justification.

She was incoherent because she was never allowed to speak. Every singe time she was trying to articulate her complaint she was stopped by either him or Joe.

Also, he did say she was vile. On several occasions. On live radio.

Jayop wrote: »
    If they had let her finish one sentence without that edjit insulting her or cutting across her she might have been able to get her point across.
    From what I could gather, she was making a fair point.

I read the facebook exchange, and I'll summarise it so nobody else has to read that tripe.

It started by this Teresa wan saying 'well done' to Rory Cowan for raising money for Irish Austism Action, but asking what money the resources will be providing (a fair question, in light of the I.A.A. controversy). Here, Rory Cowan got antsy with her. Teresa and others replied explaining why they were asking, and were super civil to him, explaining the controversy, and saying I.A.A. should have warned Cowan of the controversy, but Cowan became trenchantly defensive & catty.

It was only then, when Cowan refused to engage, that Teresa concluded that Cowan must have done this for his own benefit, and that when choosing his sponsored charity, he must have chosen I.A.A. out of the blue (the last comment is not unreasonable). It was then that Rory Cowan said "Go away you horrible nasty, vile, woman" and called her a "horrible excuse for a human being".

Teresa should never have accused Cowan of doing the charity cycle for publicity, but that's a side issue, it was never the crux of her argument.

From what I gather, she was firstly trying to establish what the money would be providing for (a fair question, in light of the recent controversy), and when Rory Cowan was defensive, she suggested that people should do some research into the charities they are promoting.

These were both fair points but the whole exchange was derailed on Liveline, and . somehow, this woman was portrayed as being opposed to celebrity promotions of charities, or that only those with autistic relatives should be involved. That was not the point she was making.

All in all, it was a misunderstanding on behalf of Rory Cowan, and exacerbated by Teresa's weak ability to express on the radio exactly the points she made on Facebook. All in all, a fairly dim-witted and febrile affair.

From what I could gather, she was making a fair point.

I read the facebook exchange, and I'll summarise it so nobody else has to read that tripe.

It started by this Teresa wan saying 'well done' to Rory Cowan for raising money for Irish Austism Action, but asking what money the resources will be providing (a fair question, in light of the I.A.A. controversy). Here, Rory Cowan got antsy with her. Teresa and others replied explaining why they were asking, and were super civil to him, explaining the controversy, and saying I.A.A. should have warned Cowan of the controversy, but Cowan became trenchantly defensive & catty.

It was only then, when Cowan refused to engage, that Teresa concluded that Cowan must have done this for his own benefit, and that when choosing his sponsored charity, he must have chosen I.A.A. out of the blue (the last comment is not unreasonable). It was then that Rory Cowan said "Go away you horrible nasty, vile, woman" and called her a "horrible excuse for a human being".

Teresa should never have accused Cowan of doing the charity cycle for publicity, but that's a side issue, it was never the crux of her argument.

From what I gather, she was firstly trying to establish what the money would be providing for (a fair question, in light of the recent controversy), and when Rory Cowan was defensive, she suggested that people should do some research into the charities they are promoting.

These were both fair points but the whole exchange was derailed on Liveline, and . somehow, this woman was portrayed as being opposed to celebrity promotions of charities, or that only those with autistic relatives should be involved. That was not the point she was making.

All in all, it was a misunderstanding on behalf of Rory Cowan, and exacerbated by Teresa's weak ability to express on the radio exactly the points she made on Facebook. All in all, a fairly dim-witted and febrile affair.

Thanks for that summation. So basically this woman was vilified on live radio and essentially bullied by a celeb and his buddy for asking perfectly reasonable questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,239 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Honestly lads reading the thread today sounds like someone left a tape recorder in the canteen of a mental hospital and I'm reading the transcript.
    Oh you have to listen back :D

I only heard bits and pieces, but reading through the thread I seem to have hit most of the highlights - apart from the Rory Cowan spat, I may have to listen back to that later. Very fair assessment (well, it sounds fair, how would i know when I haven't heard it or read the FB exchange! But never let that get in the way of having an opinion!) by the poster above me.

The tinfoil hat man was bonkers! I didn't hear the first caller but eventually got the gist of what was going on, via bunkers, KGB, conspiracy theories and just plain paranoia. Anyone know where the suburban bunker is?? Lahvline gold!!

But he was completely outclassed by the fella repeatedly telling Joe "you're wrong, Joe" "you're still wrong Joe" "you're wrong AGAIN Joe" :D He's up there with that Russian journalist fella Bryan in my estimation/admiration list - the fact that he then descended into borderline gay- and immigrant-bashing took a bit of a shine off it all, but WOW!

Heard the start of the sensible accountant, but then had to get out of the car (ironically, to go in to my accountant to sort out this years tax return :eek::D) - he sounded like he had plenty of potential.

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote: »
    Thanks for that summation. So basically this woman was vilified on live radio and essentially bullied by a celeb and his buddy for asking perfectly reasonable questions.
    Ah heeyor, Joe wants to be in the next movie. It was never going to be a fair interview. You could hear the irritation in Joe's voice from the outset.

That said, Teresa did herself no favours either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement