Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,227 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

It's all relative Heidi and it could be worse - imagine if you found yourself agreeing with Joe?

*faints*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Can't believe I never copped onto this!

Are those lads still in gainful employment in RTE?

Bit of trivia: the guy who plays Zig (Cian Morrison, who I'm fairly sure is the Liveline voice man) is the older brother of the guy who plays Dustin (John Morrison).

wow, I always wondered who had their hand up Dustin's backside, this was one of best kept secrets in Ireland. Any idea where Shergar is?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

wow, I always wondered who had their hand up Dustin's backside, this was one of best kept secrets in Ireland. Any idea where Shergar is?

Joe bought him off a few lads from Nordren Ireland who were down here for a few days. Joe can be seen riding him (Oooh matron!) around the grounds of Chateaux Duffy. Joe is often dressed in just de riding boots and jodhpurs, as he likes to let it all hang out so to speak. What could be more manly that seeing the bare chested lothario straddle his magnificent beast and stride confidently throughout his fortress? It's like something from a Mills & Boon novel. Proof that Shergar was one of the best horses ever can be seen in the fact that the horse can support such weight.

In Joe's head, it looks something like this:
    73795604efb6e1175e793d7107bfd552.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

BPKS wrote: »
    The poor mudders dont seem too bothered when the young fella is driving around in a big fcuk-off Landrover and taking his ma for Santa Ponsa for 3 weeks every year.

I had to head off in the middle of the cannonaisation of the Hutchies by his holiness yesterday ;). BKPS you've hit the nail on the head there,innocent me eye,the whole family know what's going on and where all the money is coming from,therefore they are guilty by association and complicit in the situation they find themselves in. If they were questioned by the authorities I can bet my bottom dollar they'd plead the fifth.:mad:

I had to head off in the middle of the cannonaisation of the Hutchies by his holiness yesterday ;). BKPS you've hit the nail on the head there,innocent me eye,the whole family know what's going on and where all the money is coming from,therefore they are guilty by association and complicit in the situation they find themselves in. If they were questioned by the authorities I can bet my bottom dollar they'd plead the fifth.:mad:

Bad line caller!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Joe bought him off a few lads from Nordren Ireland who were down here for a few days. Joe can be seen riding him (Oooh matron!) around the grounds of Chateaux Duffy. Joe is often dressed in just de riding boots and jodhpurs, as he likes to let it all hang out so to speak. What could be more manly that seeing the bare chested lothario straddle his magnificent beast and stride confidently throughout his fortress? It's like something from a Mills & Boon novel. Proof that Shergar was one of the best horses ever can be seen in the fact that the horse can support such weight.

In Joe's head, it looks something like this:
    73795604efb6e1175e793d7107bfd552.jpg

Sweet suffering Jesus, just tasted my breakfast for the second time. :(

keep-calm-the-men-in-white-coats-are-coming-2.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

More glorification of the Hutch "family" and vilification of the "so-called Kinahan Gang"

This is worth a read for a brief summary of the issue at hand so to speak... http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/who-are-the-hutches-a-profile-of-the-dublin-family-1.2527930 which leaves me with the impression that they are a shower of criminal, thieving, drug dealing cnuts, so to speak.

This line was of interest:
    Having lived in the middle class suburb of Clontarf for two decades,
    so I wonder does he know any other criminals in the area such as"Our Ivor Calorie", or does he perchance know the other working clas hero of Clontarf, Joe "Calories" Duffy?

Red Kev wrote: »
    Sweet suffering Jesus, just tasted my breakfast for the second time. :(

keep-calm-the-men-in-white-coats-are-coming-2.png

Joe: wat colour are de white coats?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,856 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I don't think so. He did an ad for a company I worked for years ago and I was supervising the recording of the ad from the client side. He does some very good voice impressions. I also got to meet the guy who played Fr. Dick Moran (Ted's nemesis) from Fadder Ted that day so to speak who also did a VO for the same ad.

He did however do an AWFUL impression of an American on Fair City for a while. And he was in "Patriot Games" too, and Pierce Brosnan vehicle "Taffin" as well as one of Joe's favourite moovies "In de name a de fadder"*, but nothing will ever top his work on Bosco.

*may not be factually correct.
    it's dick Byrne not Moran caller. Dick Moran was the lad in glenroe. He was doing a line with the English woman on the side so to speak.

Shergar is with Lord Lucan obviously caller.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Shergar is with Lord Lucan obviously caller.

Ah Christy, is it yourself? Have you any oul autographs or tapes

Lisdoonvarna
    Before the Chieftains could start to play, Seven creamy pints came out on a tray. Shergar was ridden by Lord Lucan, Seán Cannon did the backstage cookin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

If Aras attracta misery features in salacious detail goaded by Joe today , I'm out , he needs to leave review of the report to serious journalists .

Dubland bus...gone :)
    The WHOLE COUNTRY is in uproar..

400K use Dublin bus daily- really?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Has Duffy received his instructions from the NBU this morning?

Jesus , the Unwell from Spidall park will have to walk into town ...,,or maybe get a taxi voucher off the HSE so they can pick up their 'medicine '

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I don't live in Dublin, so I don't give a f**k what Dublin Bus does..............am I the only one?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

five hundred a night to drive the nightlink over Christmas

Roger_007 wrote: »
    I don't live in Dublin, so I don't give a f**k what Dublin Bus does..............am I the only one?

Nope :)

Dublin bus is it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Sure who'd want to go to Ballyer after 9pm anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

<The country's broke?> thinks Joe.
    <It can't be, look at all the money in my bank>
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

No but plenty of people outside Dublin get the train to heuston and the bus into town or to the airport .

Unfortunately your attitude does not fit in with the LL agenda.

so how many of the 400,000 are effected by it starting Wed night instead of Thur morning- feck all I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Doodle is not the same as doddle, Duffy you clown!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

A doodle?..............or maybe a doddle?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

five hundred a night to drive the nightlink over Christmas

Really ? I'd love to see what they are really paid per year when all the extras are included. I doubt people would have any sympathy really.

hang on its a Irish bus strike ? Are bus Eireann striking now as well ?

• Advertisement

Oops69 wrote: »
    No but plenty of people outside Dublin get the train to heuston and the bus into town or to the airport .

Honestly never thought of that. My bad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement