Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

How much does she feel a bus driver should be paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,338 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

CIE Employees and their familes get free visits to the company doctor do they not?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

2smiggy wrote: »
    'i have to leave the country to get me medicines'

- Northern NORDREN Ireland, I was expecting somewhere exciting !!

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 39,853 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ok missus it's the union that are going on strike they aren't being forced out.

CIE Employees and their familes get free visits to the company doctor do they not?

There's a company doctor yeah.

• Advertisement

pc7 wrote: »
    A thousand million.

pc7 wrote: »

€417,000

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Wow you are not allowed to keep driving a bus until you fall asleep anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

minikin wrote: »
    Someone say how much they're flippin earning..,

Utter waste of public broadcasting. For a programme that was devoted largely to a strike over wages, unless I missed something, we are still in the dark as to what the current earnings are. How can the public make any judgement. Failure Joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Could the army be called in? All the buses have auto gearboxes so skill level wouldn't be as hard as the olden buses.

Maybe, but the job might be below them these days. You know, the army are professional soldiers with a serious specific role in modern Irish society :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

2smiggy wrote: »
    'i have to leave the country to get me medicines'

- Northern Ireland, I was expecting somewhere exciting !!

She drives? Why doesn't she get the bus to help some struggling bus drivers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

That_Guy wrote: »
    Hard to feel sorry for that poor caller.

6 kids seems extremely irresponsible especially when you can't afford to provide for them and your missus.

But isn't that why we have such a generous State, not his problem caller :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The NEW Bingo Card is almost complete caller.......watch dis space so to speak.
    What frame are you putting on it?

ebbsy wrote: »
    Wow you are not allowed to keep driving a bus until you fall asleep anymore.

Only if you've had at least 7 pints.

M

Mannix Flynn has tabled a motion for the Artane Band to change it's name, thankfully they told him to stick it up his swiss before the vote...
    THE ARTANE BAND has said that it won’t be changing its name ahead of a council motion that could ask the band to do so.

Dublin councillor Mannix Flynn has tabled the motion citing sensitivity around survivors who were abused in the former St Joseph’s Industrial School in Artane.

http://www.thejournal.ie/artane-band-name-2966804-Sep2016/

sligojoek wrote: »
    What frame are you putting on it?

One befitting Joe......platinum with Swarovski crystals, all wrapped in a red velour waistcoat so to speak. Sophisticated, classy and understated, like the man himself.

Mannix Flynn has tabled a motion for the Artane Band to change it's name, thankfully they told him to stick it up his swiss before the vote...

http://www.thejournal.ie/artane-band-name-2966804-Sep2016/

WTAF?

It's not called "The Artane Boys Borstal for de abusin' and de ridin' of de childers of de mudders dat did go to de Magdalene Laundries Band".

Mannix, why don't you petition the Catalick Church to change it's name then?

M

WTAF?

Yes all that's going on in the city and he wants to change the name of a band, he's a joke. I'd say Duffy will still have him on tomorrow for 40 minutes worth to talk about it though.

Mannix and Keith were on with Mary Wilson yesterday. It is a bit of a ridiculous idea. If he was going to do that, there'd be a list of things that should have their names changed, many further ahead in the queue than the Artane Band. As someone who has heard them many a time in Croke Park, I think the name is fine and not offensive. Even if they know where its origins are, very few people would have a problem with it sharing the name commonly used for the school, even though it is St. Joseph's.

From a photo I took on Sunday:

V2fd0ha.jpg

I don't know what you all think, but they don't look offensive to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

WTAF?

It's not called "The Artane Boys Borstal for de abusin' and de ridin' of de childers of de mudders dat did go to de Magdalene Laundries Band".

Mannix, why don't you petition the Catalick Church to change it's name then?

Maybe not, but it is the title of Joe's next buke.

Flukey wrote: »
    From a photo I took on Sunday:

V2fd0ha.jpg

I don't know what you all think, but they don't look offensive to me.

Dare's a lot a fellas on de back dare with sticks so to speak.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

What's with the different colour socks on two of the KK players?

Lad at the end and WW I think??

Very important!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Very important!!

maybe one of them got lucky last night and left his good socks on the door handle of his bedroom to warn the other lads not to enter, so to speak

Very important!!

Joe: And wat colour..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Should he not then be calling for Dublin City Council to rename Artane itself? Would that not be the logical extension of what he's suggesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

This abuse happened in the 60,70s , Is it not time to move on from this ,its 25 years since there were school,s that were mainly staffed by priests and christians brothers .
    99 per cent of school teachers are ordinary men and women who
    are employed by the school.
    Changing the name of the band in 2016 seems pointless ,
    and its an insult to people who live in artane .

Should he not then be calling for Dublin City Council to rename Artane itself? Would that not be the logical extension of what he's suggesting.

Pffffft! Logic? Go away out of dat with your logic. We'll have none of that where matters Mannix or Joe are concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Very important!!

Probably wearing his Grandad's Lucky Socks, that lay mouldering in the dresser top drawer for years, until just a short while ago, when his Granny pulled them out and made him a gift of them.
    Unbeknownst to anyone, the preservative mothballs were a particularly poisonous variety, long since banned, and the fumes from them affected the KK players in subtle and mysterious ways, causing them to miss balls, footing, and the cup.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
    M

Today...
    Pal Mer E Fooking Church again...Joes pet topic, perhaps he should do a book on it and research it on a beach in Spain.
    Dublin Bus
    Dashcams, what do you do if a bus is driving dodge, who do you complain to so to speak...Joe of course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement