Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

More dancing on Maury, funny....

For 2 weeks, KT is covering for him.

He's only just back from holidays! He's almost as bad as Joe.

Katy Taylor is out.

Joe's chauffeur will have crashed the car.

Boxing will be scratched off Joe's bandwagon after this so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Takings will be down in the Martello Bar tonight

• Advertisement

Joe's researchers frantically trying to get Billy Walsh for tomorrow's show.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭iamnotme

Was listening to the show at work so apologies. It really sounds like Duffy is working on a book about the Childers of the Troubles. Somebody better talk him out of it, these things are far too recent and too emotional. He is an absolute obtuse buffoon. And I'm being polite.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,960 ✭✭✭furiousox

Driving along, lovely blue sky, sunglasses on, window down, temp of 24 degrees.
    I turn on the radio and the ghoul is talking about dead children, I turned off quicker than if it was "funny" friday.
    Joe, the misery obsessed depressant knew it was sunny outside and decided to do something about it!

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Duffy with his "GOOO OONN KATE TAYLOR".

I can imagine the chauffeur turning around to Joe in the car and saying "Mr Duffy, Miss Taylor lost the pugilism match", and Joe responding with "I KNOW THAT, I KNOW THAT, I KNOW THAT".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

The Irish public are desperately jumping off the Women's Boxing bandwagon and straight onto the Women's sailing bandwagon as I type. I hope nobody gets hurt in the process.

• Advertisement

BPKS wrote: »
    The Irish public are desperately jumping off the Women's Boxing bandwagon and straight onto the Women's sailing bandwagon as I type. I hope nobody gets hurt in the process.

Joe: And wat colour is de bandwagon?

Duffy with his "GOOO OONN KATE TAYLOR".

I can imagine the chauffeur turning around to Joe in the car and saying "Mr Duffy, Miss Taylor lost the pugilism match", and Joe responding with barking back in reply "I KNOW THAT DAT, I KNOW THAT DAT, I KNOW THAT DAT".

FYP.

Joe will be glued to Channel 5 tonight at 10pm, they're showing a programme called "One Punch Killers".

• Registered Users Posts: 39,823 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

http://www.rte.ie/archives/category/society/2015/0313/686918-haunted-house-in-longford/

31 years too late but you know Joe would have been all over this.

Joe: and fr Whoy would you not go back into the house so to speak ?
    Priest: because the family are doing my head in Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Well that's the end of the badminton craze - all 48 hours of it. Joe will be an expert in diving tomorrow. He'll probably have Dingley's granny on line one, but WHOY did he first start diving for Britain, so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Well that's the end of the badminton craze - all 48 hours of it. Joe will be an expert in diving tomorrow. He'll probably have Dingley's granny on line one, but WHOY did he first start diving for Britain, so to speak?

Yep, and I couldn't help but notice how many empty seats there was, which begs the question, What the hell was his mudder on about that she can't get tickets??

Will bet Joe's salary she won't say this:

Like a lot of "our born in Blighty but dual-qualified" athletes his first desire was to dive for the country of his birth but with him ranked 18th in Britain and just 2 spots on the team he made a pragmatic decision to declare for Ireland discovered his true calling for coddle, his ancestry, the green green grass of home, the music of Nathan Carter (a Liverpudlian), plus the chance to be on The Ray D'Arcy show and the choice was made then so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Wonder will God be on the LL today explaining why he let the other girl beat our Katie?

Wonder will God be on the LL today explaining why he let the other girl beat our Katie?
    Joe: and God whoy did you not want Katie to win the pugilistic contest so to speak ?
    God:........ You're a langer Duffy.
    Joe: back after these.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Another victory for Joe. 2,000 extra places in the Dublin Marathon.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Joe: and God whoy did you not want Katie to win the pugilistic contest so to speak ?

Despite the claims of its residents, God is not from Cork.

He actually doesn't exist, but that's a moot point.

I don't believe the good people of cork claim that God is from there. They say that heaven is the price of a local call caller.

I don't believe the good people of cork claim that God is from there. They say that heaven is the price of a local call caller.

http://www.rte.ie/archives/category/society/2015/0313/686918-haunted-house-in-longford/

31 years too late but you know Joe would have been all over this.

Joe: and fr Whoy would you not go back into the house so to speak ?
    Priest: because the family are doing my head in Joe.

31 years? Sure that was only yesterday (in Joe's mind).

If he or the researchers do be readin' de thread and brings this up you're looking a ban Itsso!

:pac:

Why not build a statue of God beside the Moby Dick seat in Yoghal then to celebrate this wonderful, magnificent news so to speak?

As shockingly awful and cringeworthy as the "Row, row, row your boat" "thing" was last Friday, the complete lack of self-awareness internally in RTE about it was evidenced by the fact that Joe felt the "creator" of the piece deserved special mention on yesterday's show.

You really do have to wonder WTF is going on in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

As shockingly awful and cringeworthy as the "Row, row, row your boat""thing" was last Friday, the complete lack of self-awareness internally in RTE about it was evidenced by the fact that Joe felt the "creator" of the piece deserved special mention on yesterday's show.

You really do have to wonder WTF is going on in there?

It made the Aer Lingus thing look like Grammy award material.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ronnie Drew'a 8th anniversary today. I wonder will he give it a mention. Ronan Collins just played The Azoo song.

WhyWHOY not build a statue of God beside the Moby Dick seat in YoUghal then to celebrate this wonderful, magnificent news so to speak?

Ah butters us cork people are nothing if not modest and reserved and don't want to brag or bring attention to that fact.

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    Ronnie Drew'a 8th anniversary today. I wonder will he give it a mention. Ronan Collins just played The Azoo song.

Are any of the dubliners alive so to speak ? If so then yes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement