Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,847 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Donkeys years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Caller, that'd be interesting to try on a bus heading to the Coombe.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

That_Guy wrote: »
    What a joke of a topic.

It's all smoke ad mirrors to avoid the elephant in the room -Delaney's fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,337 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tickets so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

bigroad wrote: »
    They could be just fat women ,how is one to know.

Offer them a seat, a tyred sounding thanks means they are preggers, a punch in the snot means fat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Next on Ray D'arcy:

John Delaney

TotesAwks

• Registered Users Posts: 39,847 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It's all smoke ad mirrors to avoid the elephant in the room -Delaney's fees.

Flares caller. Flares.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Oh Jesus, not this again.

He pays f*ck all Brian as he's outsourced his "services" via a company instead of being a PAYE Employee of RTE. So on his fees he pays corporation tax @ 12.5% after deductible expenses (of which there are many).

He's not doing anything illegal, he's simply taking advantage of a system which wasn't set up to monitor this type of practice and was designed for large companies and not "1 man bands", which his company is. This type of avoidance has recieved much criticism from many quarters.

What is galling however is that this behaviour is not morally acceptable to many, but given the man's constant protrayal of himself as a "Man of de peeple" and the fact he proclaims his heroes as Larkin, Connolly et al., it is at best profoundly hypocritical of him to do so.

That's the VERY short version. I'm happy to discuss this at length if you wish.

Question 2: what did Ivan Calorie ever do wrong? Over to you Butters

M

He won't be touching that topic again ever I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Oh Jesus, not this again.

He pays f*ck all Brian as he's outsourced his "services" via a company instead of being a PAYE Employee of RTE. So on his fees he pays corporation tax @ 12.5% after deductible expenses (of which there are many).

He's not doing anything illegal, he's simply taking advantage of a system which wasn't set up to monitor this type of practice and was designed for large companies and not "1 man bands", which his company is. This type of avoidance has recieved much criticism from many quarters.

What is galling however is that this behaviour is not morally acceptable to many, but given the man's constant protrayal of himself as a "Man of de peeple" and the fact he proclaims his heroes as Larkin, Connolly et al., it is at best profoundly hypocritical of him to do so.

That's the VERY short version. I'm happy to discuss this at length if you wish.

To spend the money he must take it out of the company, if he does this he pays tax on it at the same rate as anyone else.

I don't like the man, but your hatred borders on the irrational.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Another s e show. A big load of nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

RustyNut wrote: »
    Offer them a seat, a tyred sounding thanks means they are preggers, a punch in the snot means fat.

...and "Don't I know you from Coppers?" means you're the father.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ah now, caller. Don't start him.

Lol, I genuinely almost broke boards the day I complied my "dossier" on Calorie so to speak. It took over an hour to edit it - after I had cut and paste all the relevant articles as the piece was too long for one comment, contained too many pics, too much bold, too much italics - the list went on and on......

What happened the Palmanarians and de dashcams?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Another s e show. A big load of nothing...

ya'd almost thing there was nothing happening in the world.

you know , like the head of the Olympic committee being charged with fraud, embezzlement, tax evasion and associating with criminals yesterday or sommat.

guess its a slow day.

:D

Brian Scan wrote: »
    To spend the money he must take it out of the company, if he does this he pays tax on it at the same rate as anyone else.

I don't like the man, but your hatred borders on the irrational.

1) That's a very simplistic view on matters financial Brian, very simplistic indeed.
    2) Thanks for your concern about my "irrationality" and "hatred". Are you qualified to make such diagnoses or is that merely your opinion? FWIW, your constant defence of the man despite all of the evidence presented to you is IMO: irrational, sychophantic and fanatical.

Suicide special on Darcy. I've tears streaming down my cheeks already.

I'm out. Byyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeee.

ya'd almost thing there was nothing happening in the world.

you know , like the head of the Olympic committee being charged with fraud, embezzlement, tax evasion and associating with criminals yesterday or sommat.

guess its a slow day.

:D

The Communications Clinic haven't prepared the Press Releases for Joe, the OCI, the Hickey Family and THG yet so Joe isn't allowed in a position to comment on it yet.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Suicide special on Darcy. I've tears streaming down my cheeks already.

I'm out. Byyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeee.

This is one D'Arcy show Joe might actually listen to.......

• Advertisement

1) That's a very simplistic view on matters financial Brian, very simplistic indeed.
    2) Thanks for your concern about my "irrationality" and "hatred". Are you qualified to make such diagnoses or is that merely your opinion? FWIW, your constant defence of the man despite all of the evidence presented to you is IMO: irrational, sychophantic and fanatical.

Since your own view on his tax situation was simplistic, I replied in similar vein.

I have never defended Joe Duffy.

Apologies if I offended you.

M

What happened the Palmanarians and de dashcams?

92397feeeb96606eeb3bfa2245d01729.jpg

Brian Scan wrote: »
    Since your own view on his tax situation was simplistic, I replied in similar vein.

I have never defended Joe Duffy.

Apologies if I offended you.

Well your comment was offensive tbh. I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but apology accepted. Likewise, I apologise if I crossed the line with my comments towards your good self.

I disagree that my view was simplistic however. I have on more than one occasion detailed the man's affairs and the hypocrisy by which he lives his life. I stand by everything I have said on him, he is a fraud and a hypocrite and he is utterly unqualified to be in the role he is in and his remuneration for doing so is utterly scandalous. You can call that hatred if you like, I prefer to call it the truth.

Well your comment was offensive tbh. I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but apology accepted. Likewise, I apologise if I crossed the line with my comments towards your good self.

I disagree that my view was simplistic however. I have on more than one occasion detailed the man's affairs and the hypocrisy by which he lives his life. I stand by everything I have said on him, he is a fraud and a hypocrite and he is utterly unqualified to be in the role he is in and his remuneration for doing so is utterly scandalous. You can call that hatred if you like, I prefer to call it the truth.

Apology was sincere.

No offence taken at what you said.

I would agree that Joe Duffy is hypocritical in his avowed concern for "de wurkers", and that he is completely unqualified for his role.

I would have much more of a problem with the amount of his fees than I would with the tax treatment applying.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Mod: If you want to have a discussion about Duffy's wages/tax affairs, start a new thread, please.

Tanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Mod: If you want to have a discussion about Duffy's wages/tax affairs, start a new thread, please.

Tanks.

Well I was going to tell them to get a room ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Suicide special on Darcy.

Ray is finally going to do the world a favour?

Pretty messed up to do it on air though.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭iamnotme

Tanks.
    No need for that. Duffy represents himself as the man of the people. Most regulars on this thread are aware of his fees. He can't have it both ways. His hysterical concern about Hickey showed up his sympathies. And his hypocrisy. Was same thirty years ago with Haughey. Crikey, was same today with Duffy scared someone would mention Delaney's salary.

Jaysus, Joe will be on to Barry Egan after seeing this to do a puff piece for him too:

If you've any interest in football or sports in general in Ireland, watch that.
    How in God's name he thought that it was a good idea for him to do that is beyond me.
    The boards.ie favourite Denis O'Brien parts are brilliant. It's like watching The Office.

• Advertisement

Drivetime RTÉ are currently playing a montage of today's Liveline with valiant RTÉ telephonist (© ButtersSuki) Joe Duffy, regarding the searching of Irish soccer fans' bags by John Delaney's men.

Needless to say the three-minute montage will be add an extra day to Joe's annual leave.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement