Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭iamnotme

Jaysus, Joe will be on to Barry Egan after seeing this to do a puff piece for him too:

If you've any interest in football or sports in general in Ireland, watch that.
    How in God's name he thought that it was a good idea for him to do that is beyond me.
    The boards.ie favourite Denis O'Brien parts are brilliant. It's like watching The Office.
    Thank you ButtersSuki. That was hilarious. I hope those salt-a-de-ert football fans see this, they can show it to their childers and say "There's a great man." He's even got a picture of Haughey on his wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,337 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Please let us not get to host the Euros in 2020, please please no.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Jaysus, Joe will be on to Barry Egan after seeing this to do a puff piece for him too:

How in God's name he thought that it was a good idea for him to do that is beyond me.
    The boards.ie favourite Denis O'Brien parts are brilliant. It's like watching The Office.

Couldn't help being reminded of this.

Would a denouement where John shoots Roy Keane be too much to ask for?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Drivetime RTÉ are currently playing a montage of today's Liveline with valiant RTÉ telephonist (© ButtersSuki) Joe Duffy, regarding the searching of Irish soccer fans' bags by John Delaney's men.

Needless to say the three-minute montage will be add an extra day to Joe's annual leave.

They did the same the evening of the Rio police interrogationview.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

goose2005 wrote: »
    Couldn't help being reminded of this.

Would a denouement where John shoots Roy Keane be too much to ask for?

That's a great comparison actually! Well done caller! Well done!

"Foxcatcher" is excellent for those who haven't seen it btw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I've been falling on and off the Liveline wagon lately so not completely following the thread, but I seem to recall this was mentioned at the time. It popped up again on my feed this morning for anyone that may have missed it

http://buzz.ie/ian-odoherty-has-joe-duffy-gone-completely-mad/

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Please let us not get to host the Euros in 2020, please please no.

the old tournament set up is no more "hosting" it will only mean getting a few matches

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Nice one. Is Doherty writing for the Star now?

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Love it! I'm sure JD is plotting his revenge as we speak. Although I agree with every word, it's quite a personal attack considering they're both media types.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Is Doherty writing for the Star now?

That's what it sounds like in that article, but his Twitter bio still has the Indo.

I wonder will Joe ask him on to the show to address the criticism, like he did with his best buddy O'Carroll the other week.

• Advertisement

I actually thought that was an old story by O'Doherty but it seems to be new, his twitter is worth reading as some people aren't happy with his "D4" attack on the working class Joe, despite O'Doherty being from Crumlin.

https://twitter.com/ian_odoherty?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

https://twitter.com/ian_odoherty/status/773573230883966976

And I know it's the Daily Mail, but they took a swipe at Mrs Browns Boys too.
    How British comedy's lost the plot: As a foul-mouthed slapstick is voted today's best sitcom

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3768134/How-British-comedy-s-lost-plot-foul-mouthed-slapstick-voted-today-s-best-sitcom-despairing-TV-critic-hankers-days-Del-Boy-Captain-Manwaring-Hancock-s-Half-Hour.html

Well Ian O'Doherty will be blacklisted in RTÉ after that so to speak...for telling the truth.

He's right though, whilst Duffy was licking Hickey's hole, the harsh truth is a man like Hickey would see a buffoon like Duffy as so far beneath him he wouldn't p*ss on him if he was on foyre so to speak. But that's lost on the man of de peeple of course who likely believes everyone loves him and that's he's welcome at de top table now dat he's on de big bucks. I hope you're reading this Joe and come to the psinful realisation that they actually mock you as much as we do on here. They may on occasion be nice to you to your face, but behind the mask they laugh at you and your ignorance. You're a performing monkey in an ill fitting suit to them, and a poor one at that.

iamnotme wrote: »
    Thank you ButtersSuki. That was hilarious. I hope those salt-a-de-ert football fans see this, they can show it to their childers and say "There's a great man." He's even got a picture of Haughey on his wall.

Like seriously, what public figure (and especially one who's the head of a sporting body that relies heavily on the state for finding) in their right mind given the revelations about the man when he was alive and after he did doyed so to speak, would have a picture of Haughey up in their house? Even if you want to have it privately, take it down for your puff piece so st least the public or the other political parties don't see it.

To me having a picture of Haughey in your house is not far removed from having a picture of Hitler.....

M

Joe ‘Six Gun’ Duffy, lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Like seriously, what public figure (and especially one who's the head of a sporting body that relies heavily on the state for finding) in their right mind given the revelations about the man when he was alive and after he did doyed so to speak, would have a picture of Haughey up in their house? Even if you want to have it privately, take it down for your puff piece so st least the public or the other political parties don't see it.

To me having a picture of Haughey in your house is not far removed from having a picture of Hitler.....

My aunt has a couple of pictures of Dev in the gaff as well as one each of Lemass, Jack Lynch and Albert Reynolds. She took the ones of Haughey and Ahern down as not even she could stomach them.

She also has a decent one of Mehole Martin ready to go into a frame and into the hallway if he's ever made Taoisech. Great woman and so easy to wind up! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Christ I just watched that, so bad I wouldn't know where to start. It's a puff piece alright, not a single difficult question asked, but why would Barry Egan do that, I mean he lives off writing puff pieces for the self styled "establishment".

Interesting to look at his body language, he's economical with the truth at times to put it mildly. Had to laugh at his comment as to would he go into politics..in fact his answer is similar to Duffy's when asked the same.."would love to, but need to keep my neutral position..been approached several times by several parties.. ETC. ETC.)

No mention that taking a pay cut from €360,000 to €87,000 (or €417,000 to €87,000 in Duffy's case.) would play a far bigger role with the fact that the ordinary people get to decide every few years if your fit to do the actual job, and not a bunch of your pals.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I believe O'Doherty will be a guest on Dil's Global Village next week

we can only dream:D

M

Today...
    Man beating another man on the Malahide Road, video circulating
    Dublin Bus strike
    Ms Ireland, €100 a ticket
    Perhaps more FAI tales

Here's some stills from the video, brought to you by the letter T so to speak...
    “See all the (victim’s family), you’re all going out of Dublin. That goes to the whole lot of you. England or Ireland I send it to everywhere, I don’t give two f***s about any of you. We’re back,” he tells the camera.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/road-rage-violent-incident-spills-onto-street-during-dublin-rush-hour-35032524.html

Today...
    Man beating another man on the Malahide Road, video circulating
    Dublin Bus strike
    Ms Ireland, €100 a ticket
    Perhaps more FAI tales

Here's some stills from the video, brought to you by the letter T so to speak...

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/road-rage-violent-incident-spills-onto-street-during-dublin-rush-hour-35032524.html

Any link to the video caller?

Today...

Joe: Tom who?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Check 98 fms faceBuke- Adrian & Jeremy in particular, sorry cant access in work.

It was the T-words

Check 98 fms faceBuke- Adrian & Jeremy in particular, sorry cant access in work.

It was the T-words

I KNOW DAT! I KNOW DAT! I KNOW DAT!

https://www.facebook.com/adriankandjeremyd

Would Joe have stopped to help?

I believe O'Doherty will be a guest on Dil's Global Village next week

we can only dream:D

If that were true I would be listening......

M

Can't proper link but it's up on this Facebook page, gracias somesoldiers. If your a fan of the T fight callouts on Youtube it's gold so to speak...

Can't proper link but it's up on this Facebook page, gracias somesoldiers. If your a fan of the T fight callouts on Youtube it's gold so to speak...

Way ahead of you caller....

Ian O’Doherty: ‘Has Joe Duffy gone completely mad?’

In the long list of Joe Duffy’s crimes against common sense, one moment from last week’s Liveline stands out — when he suggested that armed Brazilian cops should turn on the media.

Speaking to a local senior official about Pat Hickey’s arrest, the host was in top form.

Did he not realise that ticket touting “in Ireland is not a crime”?

Did this shifty foreign copper not understand that “Pat Hickey is a 71-year-old man obviously in distress, why did you decide to film and release that video?”
    As Duffy became more enraged at the thoughts of Hickey being arrested and filmed — oh, poor Pat, just a lad of, erm, 71 summers! — he began to lose control of his vowels.

Even the cop made more sense. And he could barely speak English.

He squawked with fury and, when he discovered local police carry guns, asked “why didn’t you tell the media, you have a gun on you in the photographs, why didn’t you tell the media to get lost.”

Has Joe ‘Six Gun’ Duffy gone completely mad?

I know he was always boring.

I know he appeals to the, shall we say, less than smart among us.

But even I never thought I’d see the day when Duffy wanted to see gun-toting cops to turn on hacks in the lobby of a Brazilian hotel.

As he became more irate he began to sound like one of those Irish tourists you see in Spain. You know the type — in sandals with white socks, complaining that they can’t get a decent cup of Barry’s tea and how the idiot locals no speaky the lingo.

Is this what I don’t pay a licence fee for?

This buffoon has been stinking out the joint for years with his complete ignorance of the world around him and his endless indulgence of the mad, the damaged and the clinically boring.

And that’s just his ‘Funny Friday’ line up which, ironically, is the only day of the week when the nation doesn’t laugh at him.

Interestingly, some people were convinced that Duffy and Hickey are mates.

I don’t think that’s the case. I don’t think there’s any conspiracy. He’s just a gob****e.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

iamnotme wrote: »
    No need for that. Duffy represents himself as the man of the people. Most regulars on this thread are aware of his fees. He can't have it both ways. His hysterical concern about Hickey showed up his sympathies. And his hypocrisy. Was same thirty years ago with Haughey. Crikey, was same today with Duffy scared someone would mention Delaney's salary.

I know dat. I am not saying there is no scope for discussing his "fees" in this thread but where the discussion takes over what is already a very busy thread, I am saying that it will go to its own thread. If it's one or two remarks, or even lengthy posts, that's fine. Where it takes over the thread, it will be moved.

(Incidentally, so that you don't fall into trouble elsewhere, it is not allowed to take up moderator decisions in the forum. Most of the time, mods give infractions for questioning moderator posts. In this case, it is reasonable for me to explain my reasoning rather than anything else, though.)

Ian O'Doherty ‏@ian_odoherty 20h20 hours ago

Duffy is a complete bogey - a no good spiv who epitomises the worst traits of this country. Thick and proud of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Whats that coming over the hill, is it pavee point? is it pavee point, it is and its **** "sure it's our culture"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement