Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Patrick needs a Jameson

something stronger I would think....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I turned on the radio 5 minutes ago. What the f... have i been listening to?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Patrick is still yammering away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

to all contributors to this thread : well done, well done. phew!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

The guy took the right attitude. Dont play by Joe's rules, as he will just try to discredit YOU and not your argument.

But so unlike Joe to keep letting him talk!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I turned on the radio 5 minutes ago. What the f... have i been listening to?

Same here, what a nut

• Registered Users Posts: 39,846 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lads to be fair Patrick despite the mention of the wages came across as a horrible person and an asshole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

That was both entertaining and informative - good public service broadcasting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

pc7 wrote: »
    But so unlike Joe to keep letting him talk!

I was REALLY surprised at that.

I assume the 3 producers were screaming in his ear "keep him on Joe, just let him talk, this is ratings gold".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

If I call to my granny the weekend she'll either be defending poor Joe from that loon or telling me abortions cause cancer. For once I really hope she's supporting Joe and not swayed by Patrick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

BPKS wrote: »
    100,000 or 200,000 a year.

Yes, he is a real nut job.

Joe breathed a sigh of relief whe nyer man was €300,000 off the real figure, not t omention his poersonal deals with the Mail on Sunday and "the childerz buke".

Also didn't mention the convenient tax vehicle that is Claddaghgreen LTD.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

Joe: and what are their qualifications?
    Patrick: on they're total idiots

Lol.

best answer ever! talk about shooting yourself in the foot! That guy Patrick's a complete too! Wouldn't let anyone else speak and even when they were allowed to speak, he kept intrrupting them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

tired after that

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Lads to be fair Patrick despite the mention of the wages came across as a horrible person and an asshole.

Not debating that at all, he was and is. It's a shame that it takes someone like that to ask Joe the hard questions.

The guy took the right attitude. Dont play by Joe's rules, as he will just try to discredit YOU and not your argument.

Okay Peter I know the regulars on this thread like to make fun of Joe but Joe didn't discredit the caller he did that all by himself.

Poor Peter Boylan too though much to sensible to engage in that sh1te.

signostic wrote: »
    something stronger I would think....

A bullet maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

Agreed. complete nutcase and someone who'll very quickly fade into insignificance. Joe did very well in keeping his cool have to say.:)

Okay Peter I know the regulars on this thread like to make fun of Joe but Joe didn't discredit the caller he did that all by himself.

Give a man enough rope...

Oh I'm straying into Ray's show now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

More entertaining than funny friday

best answer ever! talk about shooting yourself in the foot! That guy Patrick's a complete too! Wouldn't let anyone else speak and even when they were allowed to speak, he kept intrrupting them. :)

In fairness, there is many a day you can substitute "Joe" for "Patrick" in that quote and it'll be as relevant as today.

Not debating that at all, he was and is. It's a shame that it takes someone like that to ask Joe the hard questions.

What hard questions ? He made a mention of joes salary. All joking aside big deal.He was telling Joe that his time is short. He was actually threatening IMO. I mean he never let Joe ask a question and just kept rambling.

minikin wrote: »
    More entertaining than funny friday

A colonoscopy is more entertaining than Funny Fryday.

Agreed. complete nutcase and someone who'll very quickly fade into insignificance.

Hopefully not, the public need to hear people like Patrick and know what they're about.

What hard questions ? He made a mention of joes salary. All joking aside big deal.He was telling Joe that his time is short. He was actually threatening IMO. I mean he never let Joe ask a question and just kept rambling.

Sorry, even mention it.

BarryD wrote: »
    Give a man enough rope...

Oh I'm straying into Ray's show now :)

:mad: oh yeah ****ing hilarious. Making fun of suicide.

Not joking, does Joe have a bodyguard?

D'Arcy messing up the buttons again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

BarryD wrote: »
    Not joking, does Joe have a bodyguard?

I'd say the grim reaper himself has an interest in keeping Joe alive.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement