Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    :mad: oh yeah ****ing hilarious. Making fun of suicide.

Sure, humour is sometimes the best way of dealing with these things....

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

BarryD wrote: »
    Not joking, does Joe have a bodyguard?

Ah here.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

BPKS wrote: »
    Guarantee Darcy will mess up pressing the buttons after this.

Well done caller..

Ah here.....

With loopers like that, you might want to be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

I suspect Joe rang the lunatic Patrick, thinking that he (Joe) might embarrass, on air, a man who's known views are patently perverse and deeply unpopular. I don't know, but I further suspect that Joe reckoned it would be an easy kill. Patrick is more a lunatic than Joe allowed for, and because of that we had 30 + minutes of mind-boggling madness. It made for compulsive but horrible listening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

• Registered Users Posts: 82,336 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

How was he allowed stay on, Joe regularly cuts/badlines callers with far more manners than Patrick had today, there must have been a higher power in RTÉ so to speak that wanted to give the man a full run of the show.

I have no doubt that Duffy will be a no show tomorrow, he will go sulk in the corner of the car park in his Jag so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

That_Guy wrote: »

It's what Duffy was trying to get out of him, I suspected because someone had texted or tweeted about it.
    How was he allowed stay on, Joe regularly cuts/badlines callers with far more manners than Patrick had today, there must have been a higher power in RTÉ so to speak that wanted to give the man a full run of the show.

It's the NUJ's agenda remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

ThisRegard wrote: »
    It's what Duffy was trying to get out of him, I suspected because someone had texted or tweeted about it.

It's the NUJ's agenda remember.

http://www.indymedia.ie/article/81414

There's a cabal of these nutters

M

Any picture of Patrick Jameson/Eamon Murphy? What I have in my head is an Irish version of The Comic Guy from The Simpsons...

latest?cb=20120624090208

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

I have no doubt that Duffy will be a no show tomorrow, he will go sulk in the corner of the car park in his Jag so to speak.

Possibly this is because one of the few ways to actually put manners on Joe is to accuse him of not being "balanced". He's had to carry several apologies on this basis.

I wonder did Joe let him destroy the last 30 mins of the show as a way of saying to the producers / TPTB that this is the result of demanding "balance".

Joe did feel there was a setup/trap to be sprung there, but it backfired terribly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Any picture of Patrick Jameson/Eamon Murphy? What I have in my head is an Irish version of The Comic Guy from The Simpsons...

latest?cb=20120624090208

I am googling the heck out of him, but i am going to pay a visit my zoom lens later,
    If i get some pics, will i post them ?

I am googling the heck out of him, but i am going to pay a visit my zoom lens later,
    If i get some pics, will i post them ?

Ask the Mods, but if he ran for public election then he's a public figure and seems quite keen on promoting his message publicly. Not exactly hiding his light behind a bushel, is Patrick or Eamon or ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Interesting read up on Brendan O'Carroll in today's The Phoenix. His tax gymnastics are heading towards Apple league status. Rory Cowan doesn't come out of it too well either.

Wonder will Joe have him on explaining it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Red Kev wrote: »
    Interesting read up on Brendan O'Carroll in today's The Phoenix. His tax gymnastics are heading towards Apple league status. Rory Cowan doesn't come out of it too well either.

Thanks for the tip. I'll pick it up later.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,386 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Place bets now!

Betting's not tax-deductible, is it?
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Not a chance on de airwaves so to speak, but you can bet your ass it will be held privately as Joe will be rather keen to learn of deeze new ways to pay less...as is befitting a man of his importance so to speak.

M

• Advertisement
    M

I've saved todays show for permanent record in a top 10 that I am working on so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

I've saved todays show for permanent record in a top 10 that I am working on so to speak.

I think I have enough material in the last few weeks to put together something for youtube listeners. I think I'll start on the week with that badass priest for the (Burn Joe Duffy) Alive! magazine. My favourite line:
    "You have THREE researchers Joe... for that little show" :eek::eek:

List your own favourite Joe Duffy beat down moments below. That "You're Wrong Again, Joe" lad that was on last week must surely get a mention as well. :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Some Football banners so to speak...
    https://twitter.com/kerrzyb/status/639886079177433088

I'd be no fan of John Delaney, nor his taking money from Sepp to keep his mouth shut about the Henry handball, or his "one of the lads routine". But Zeno strikes me as somebody who has a bit too much time on his hands. I would think there is a more mature approach to getting Delaney removed from his job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

List your own favourite Joe Duffy beat down moments below. That "You're Wrong Again, Joe" lad that was on last week must surely get a mention as well. :pac::pac:

The show about slapping children where a priest challenged Joe on his (lack of) balance.

Or the girl who had to stay in a hotel room, Joe kept pushing the idea that she was about to be raped because she was traveling alone. The airline should've given her preferential treatment. Yet never tackled her mother on the same issue.

Shane O'Curry remains the best caller ever so to speak.

Patrick however is the clear leader is the bat-shlt crazy caller contest so to speak.

What's possibly the scariest thing about today's call is that there are others out there in this country that likely agree with his views.

I'd be no fan of John Delaney, nor his taking money from Sepp to keep his mouth shut about the Henry handball, or his "one of the lads routine". But Zeno strikes me as somebody who has a bit too much time on his hands. I would think there is a more mature approach to getting Delaney removed from his job.

Yes and no so to speak. Delaney is part of the establishment. There isn't a scandal big enough to make him resign and he will never be forced to resign either.

I don't necessarily agree with Zeno's methods, but at least he's doing something to shine the spotlight on the farce of an association that is the FAI, and particularly Delaney's outrageous salary.

The FAI and their security however have no right IMO to attempt to silence and censor fans criticism of Delaney and the association in the manner they have gone about it to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Some of the god botherers who were given time on the airwaves during the run up to the gay marriage referendum came close to him.

I think I have enough material in the last few weeks to put together something for youtube listeners. I think I'll start on the week with that badass priest for the (Burn Joe Duffy) Alive! magazine. My favourite line:

A couple dat spring to mind so to speak:
    Blind Boy Boat Club explaining art and satire to Joe, Willie O'Gee and an idiot caller.

Taxi driver outside Nigerian Embassy which prompted the classic phrase "Don't do de accent"

Did you get a recording per se so to speak?

• Advertisement

Won't be out and about until tomorrow so to speak. Do you have it Kev? Could you take a pic and post it so to speak?

Did Cowan call Revenue a vile creature?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement