Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Oh my, such gold, just listened back now. The tone was set from the off when he addressed him as Mr Duffy. Usually that would be enough for the bad line excuse but at least Joe persisted.

This guy reminds me of the mentalist on the frontline many years ago who confronted Pat Kenny. He was obviously angry but his attempts at making anything resembling a valid point was obfuscated by his haranguing tone. I'm surprised they left him on so long but the producers know gold when they hear it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Taxi driver outside Nigerian Embassy which prompted the classic phrase "Don't do de accent"

This X 1000000 (billun in joe terms), I nearly lost a kidney during that one. Would love if video had all the thread comments as the episode plays, now that would get a Well Done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,335 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Did you get a recording per se so to speak?

Used this to get the show...
    https://soundcloud.com/rte-radio-1/patrick-jameson

Used this to save it
    http://sounddrain.com/

Simple and easy, no need to take out an oul C90 tape for an old school recording :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Used this to get the show...
    https://soundcloud.com/rte-radio-1/patrick-jameson

Used this to save it
    http://sounddrain.com/

Simple and easy, no need to take out an oul C90 tape for an old school recording :pac:

WELL DONE! WELL DONE!

pc7 wrote: »
    This X 1000000 (billun in joe terms), I nearly lost a kidney during that one. Would love if video had all the thread comments as the episode plays, now that would get a Well Done!!

• Advertisement

Love when Joe asks him "can you talk properly?" in reference to his Limerick accent.

• Advertisement

I will honestly have to listen back to today's show as I missed half of it whilst on the phone. Similarly I'll have to re-read the thread as the rate of comment posting today was likely wurild reck-kord level so to speak. Well done everyone, yisser were all fantastic, wonderful, brillunt so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,837 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Did you get a recording per se so to speak?

It's up as a podcast so to speak.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It's up as a podcast so to speak.

it may be, but I doubt it will be the full unedited version we got LAHV so to speak. Surely the power dat be will edit that?

Love when Joe asks him "can you talk properly?" in reference to his Limerick accent.

On the blindboy boatclub thing he's actually on the ball and a sharp cookie. He's on 2fm at nights some times.

it may be, but I doubt it will be the full unedited version we got LAHV so to speak. Surely the power dat be will edit that?

Well it's nearly 36 minutes so to speak. Take out the ads and I'd say it would be all there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The lad who told the single mother, that was complaining there were too many stairs in her free gaff, that she should have kept her legs together was a hilarious piece of radio.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    On the blindboy boatclub thing he's actually on the ball and a sharp cookie. He's on 2fm at nights some times.

He was far too sharp for Joe anyway, but that's not exactly setting the bar very high admittedly....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

The lad who wanted the Le Eithne to collect him in Tunisa from his holidays.

And while we are at it. Did you listen to Liveline and then discover the thread or did you read the thread first and then start listening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

woejus wrote: »
    the best disinfectant is sunshine

what about bleach?

The lad who wanted the Le Eithne to collect him in Tunisa from his holidays.

And while we are at it. Did you listen to Liveline and then discover the thread or did you read the thread first and then start listening

I'm a thread first so to speak.....

tread-lightly-breaking-bad-wallpaper-2048x1152.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I was listenig today, so to speak, but couldn't post. Like earlier posters I wondered how Patrick got past the sentries. But I should have known, Liveline rang him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Paddy was gold, played Joe at his own talking over game and Duffy couldn't beat him! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Expunge

While I enjoyed the madness of this latest Lahvelahn Gold, you'd have to ask
    A: did nobody check to find out what kind of a talker this lad was?

B: would they not pull the call when it clearly was going out of control?

33 minutes was a long time, including some crazy statements about some Cancer Socieites, medics, the meeja and of course, the host himself.
    I notice 'You' Ormonde was credited with presiding over the mess. Is 'You' to get the blame so?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

What an annoying man that fella was, he disagreed with EVERYONE.He wasn't winning any one to his side of the argument.

The quote of "his employees are idiots":p

It was good enough for Duffy because he and the producer should have cut him off far sooner, Bloody nut job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Wow I am away for a bit and ll classics all over gaff.. Can I get a top tree Su to speak over last two weeks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Just listened to today's show. One of the most batshit crazy Livelines I've ever heard, from start to finish.

24 carat Lavh Lahn gold! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I rekon that bit with Patrick was a set upp from the word go. They knew well what he was like before he ever went on air.

I had to laugh hen Joe didn't correct Patrick when he said Joe was on 100 or 200K.

"No No Patrick. It's actually 417K"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement