Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Wow a classic only missed jowls duffy barking "GET A GRIP" at him Rio cop interview was like nazi propaganda hmmm how do you sleep at night jowls eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,324 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Looks like Joe's call to the police commissioner in Rio didn't do much good so to speak...
    A judge in Rio de Janeiro has tonight accepted charges against Pat Hickey and Kevin Mallon.

In her decision, published in the last hour, Judge Juliana Leal de Melo, from the Special Court for Supporters and Large Events accepted charges, which were forwarded by public prosecutor Marcus Kac on Tuesday.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/olympics/2016/0909/815571-pat-hickey/

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Wow a classic only missed jowls duffy barking "GET A GRIP" at him Rio cop interview was like nazi propaganda hmmm how do you sleep at night jowls eh?

Despite everything I assume he sleeps rather soundly on a water bed filled (nightly) with champagne, laid upon a bedframe made of pure gold. Although the gold is probably supported by some industrial strength material that is stronger than gold as gold wasn't designed to support such weight I'd imagine.

The gigs up lads just get Delaney now!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The Duffoon had bad month. There was hardly a day went by when someone didn't have a go at him or prove him wrong.

My favourites;

"You're completely wrong, Joe."

A few minutes later.

"You're completely wrong AGAIN, Joe."

Joe: I KNOW THAT. I KNOW THAT. I KNOW THAT.

Patrick/Eamonn: You know what? What do you know?

Patrick/Eamonn: You won't be in that job much longer.

• Advertisement

I know DAT! I could be gone at 4 pm if rte wanted!

I know DAT! I could be gone at 4 pm if rte wanted!

Yes. He said it, but the tone in which he said it just dripping with very ill-disguised sarcasm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The radio review in the Irish Times yesterday had D'Arcy taking Joe's crown from him in terms that he's out Joeing Joe. Unsurprisingly it's based on his misery special from earlier this week.

Might have been posted yesterday but I decided to end the week on a high after Thursdays show figuring there's not a chance it'll be topped on Friday

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/radio-tough-topic-for-ray-d-arcy-while-liveline-goes-lame-1.2784307

M

Wonder will Joe return to the Pat Hickey story now that he has been charged?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,361 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

ThisRegard wrote: »
    The radio review in the Irish Times yesterday had D'Arcy taking Joe's crown from him in terms that he's out Joeing Joe. Unsurprisingly it's based on his misery special from earlier this week.

Might have been posted yesterday but I decided to end the week on a high after Thursdays show figuring there's not a chance it'll be topped on Friday

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/radio-tough-topic-for-ray-d-arcy-while-liveline-goes-lame-1.2784307

"His formidable broadcasting gifts", of Joe.
    What planet is this reviewer on?

"That’s not down to ghoulish voyeurism", of the Darcy show.
    Well, not normally, no. He's been rubbing a shoulder with the most gifted, though.

I think Ray's trying to steal Joe's thunder. After all, the natural wan for a week of misery and suicidal depression presentation must be the Portly One, no? Either Ray simply leapt in first (possibly to give Joe a black eye), or somebody chose to let Ray do it, rather than Joe.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    "His formidable broadcasting gifts", of Joe.
    What planet is this reviewer on?

"That’s not down to ghoulish voyeurism", of the Darcy show.
    Well, not normally, no. He's been rubbing a shoulder with the most gifted, though.

I think Ray's trying to steal Joe's thunder. After all, the natural wan for a week of misery and suicidal depression presentation must be the Portly One, no? Either Ray simply leapt in first (possibly to give Joe a black eye), or somebody chose to let Ray do it, rather than Joe.

Yes, Joe classes his fees as gifts - and they certainly are formidable.

M

The lad in the fight during the week who was worse for wear, it wasn't the end of the wurdled, he was only having a Kit Kat so to speak...

The rematch is also called off according to the Sunday Wurdled...
    Two bare-knuckle boxers involved in a brutal roadside battle are now set to “shake-hands”, pals of one of the pair claimed yesterday.

Despite of a series of YouTube videos posted by the pair appearing to stoke up talk of a €20,000 fight purse, a number of men living on the same halting site as victor Peter Joyce claimed the fight is off.

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/news/well-make-glove-not-war

Me Weekly Column, by me, Joe Duffy so to speak.

Pat Hickey Update:
    I don't no wat's up with dem Rio Gardai and dat judge so to speak, day must be gunning for a fight wit me so to speak. Dis is a miscarriage dat is wurser dan de Gildford 4 adn de Birmingham Six combined so to speak. Well if it's a fight day want, I'm happy to have RTE fly me over dare first class to do more investigate-in' and interrogate-in' so to speak. I'll need a few weeks ta acclimatize but it'll be wurth it as I'll return home wit Pat and I'll be de hero again so to speak - I might even get a buke out of it. We could even do a Funny Fryday from de prizzin so to speak. Dat'll put manners on dem buckos.

De gWHALE-ge so to speak:
    I got a chance to use me gWHALE-ge dis week when I did de speakin' to de man from de gWHALE-tuct. As yisser all no by now I'm pretty flawhooluch flooent flatulent in de gWHALE-ge so i got to use all me wurds and phrases like "go row mott ogut" and "slwan" so to speak. Anyway, dis is not about me so to speak (nut I'll make it about me by de end of it don't you worry). Anyway, he got dis job and his boss won't let him speak de dWHALE-ge but he duz be lettin' de Polish lads speak Polish so to speak. I tink dat one might end up in court so to speak - I'll have a wurd wit de judge if it duz, because I'm inflooential like dat so to speak. As we're talking about Pole-land, most 4 year old Polish kids in Ireland speak de gWHALE-ge better dan me.....day speak de English better dan me too but how many bukes have day published, ha?

De mammies of de criminals are de real victims:
    Dis week we had more talk about de gangs of Dubalin so to speak. Naturally as a salt a de irth meself I didn't see nuttin' but we had a long talk about de real victims, de mammies. Deeze poooor wimin' don't no nuttin' about nuttin' and day have ta bury dare chislers dat did doyed from de shootin'. Innicent chislers dat drive bullet-proof cars, have mountains of cash, access to de guns and dat and are on de dole. Like Bertie Ahern, day win a lot of munny on de horses so to speak.

We also had Mannix Flynn (Saviour of DNS*) on and he agreez dat wat needs ta happen is dat de criminals need more protection from de gardai and de unwell need more help and free gaffs so to speak. Den de head teacher from a skule in de inner city came on de show and spoke some great Dubalinese so to speak. It brawt me back de me yute so to speak.

De FAI:
    De ordinary peeple who don't be understandin' de important wurk dat importnat peeple do be doin' were on de show again complainin' about John Delaney. John is a great man, like Pat Hickey in fact. I won't hear a bad wurd against him anymore on me show - esp. since de solicitors sent in 2 warnings dis week. So next week I'll have John in to tell us how he wrote de original copy of de bible and how he and some under 12 chislers beat Germany 49-0 in a friendly behind de closed doors last week so to speak. Day were 49-0 up at half time so John went in goals for the second half. John scored all 49 of de goals himself, but when they were given a penalty he let Anto from ballyer take it so to speak. We almost beat ze Germans 50-0, but John said it was more important dat football won dan he scored 50 goals. After de game he bought de chislers fizzy drinks and choclait and den shot a course record 59 in Portmarnock on de way home so to speak. He's a great man like meself so to speak.

D'abortion Man:
    We had a man on dis week whose name was Eamonn Murphy. Den it was Patrick Jameson. Den I called him Paddy Jameson (or 2 whiskies for short so to speak). Den he was Patrick Masterson. I was confused so to speak - and not for the first toyme says I.

Anyway, it turns out he may be de same person or he may be different peeple so to speak, but after I rang him he came on de show and mother of god he was so rude. He kept talking over everyone, den shoutin', den interruptin' peeple, den screamin', den talkin' b0ll0x, den sayin' everyone was crazy, den sayin' everyting is a conspirrycee....honestly if he kept going like dat day'd want him in RTE so to speak. Despite all of dat, I controlled de conversation like de true pro I am. I tink it's fair to ssay it was wan a de bestest interview's I've ever dun. I can't wait to have a full debate on de abortion wit him and someone from de udder side so to speak.

Funny Fryday:
    Dare was no Funny Fryday dis week but dare is wan soon from Tullahmore-ray. Ta keep yissers goin' until den I have two funnies for yisser all from de show dis week:
    1. Eamonn/Patrick/Paddy tawt I was only on eitehr €100,000 or €200,000! How funny is dat?!!!! LOL - as de chung wans say!
    2. Some caller axed me did I know what it was like to travel on de Luas. Ha! Ha! Dat was a grate wan!

Death, Misery and Sewerside:
    I'm sorry dare wasn't enough of deeze again dis week. I'm due a week of misrapplin' anguish and extreme pain for de hurted dat do be hurtin'. I'll say me prayers dat dare'll be some awful tragedy over de next few days so I can mine de pain from de hurted so to speak.

"til next week, keep de faith so to speak.

Da NorteSoyid

Top stuff as always BS. My glasses are upstairs but I read through it all anyway.

Unputdownable, like my bukes, so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

M

Hitchens wrote: »

Brexit is now being used for an excuse for everything, it doesn't make sense that companies in the UK would reduce their advertising spend in Ireland when the Euro currency has rose about 15% against sterling meaning profits are now much higher on Irish sales.

Next Brexit will be blamed for global warming, climate change, justifying scientists careers in waffling about weather.

Well, as we all know Liveline is bringing in F all ad revenue. 2 out of every 3 ads are for RTE or public service stuff. Lloyds are gone. There's no way they can justify JD's fees on ther basis that he's attracting advertisers.

M

sligojoek wrote: »
    Well, as we all know Liveline is bringing in F all ad revenue. 2 out of every 3 ads are for RTE or public service stuff. Lloyds are gone. There's no way they can justify JD's fees on ther basis that he's attracting advertisers.

Yes only noticing now Lloyds are gone, deal must have ended 1st September.

They still have a banner ad on the Liveline homepage http://www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline/ but I wouldn't be surpised if that's more the webbed masterer being on holidays so to speak rather than any deal in place.

Yes was a year deal...
    http://www.rte.ie/about/en/press-office/press-releases/2015/0706/712956-rte-radio-1-announces-lloydspharmacy-as-new-liveline-sponsor/

I had to laugh when I read this.

34zm1ye.jpg

34zm1ye.jpg

Aw poor Mr. Duffy Joe. It's funny how none of the letters calling the presenter a bully get printed.....

On the same topic, when I listened back to Fryday's show so to speak I had to wonder was every caller to the show told to be nice to Joe and apologise for the brutal kicking he took on Thursday? Wtf was the fawning about?

• Advertisement

You can be sure the "callers" were hand picked.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭iamnotme

34zm1ye.jpg
    Oh dear. Hope this letter-writer type doesn't read this thread.

Did the letter writer listen to a different show than I did? The presenter got plenty of words in.

The other pro-lifer "hikacked" 34 mins of the Joe Duffy Liveline show. in much the same way as the Brazilian policeman "Hijacked" Liveline the week before.

You can be sure the "callers" were hand picked.

I KNOW DAT! I KNOW DAT! I KNOW DAT!

You can't get more hand-picked than being called by the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Yes only noticing now Lloyds are gone, deal must have ended 1st September.

I thought the sponsorship was already finished a lot longer? Although I do have a tendency, a gift probably, to tune ads out. It gets to the point where my wife might comment or start talking about one and I'll have no idea what she's on about.

Pateen is going to fight them on the beaches etc... confident blah blah blah joe the whore bluffy has done his bit what a great wee little country pateen got lots of support from eire yeah u did from your pr nazi spin doctors. Most if not all irish people hate you and bluffy we despise you. We are the ones that get up at 7am we are what is left of the irish economy we dont fly in furst class hell many in ireland dont fly at all anymore. So keep up ur uber bull**** rte and other elite **** may peddle your **** be we know. That is all

M

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I thought the sponsorship was already finished a lot longer? Although I do have a tendency, a gift probably, to tune ads out. It gets to the point where my wife might comment or start talking about one and I'll have no idea what she's on about.

Yes might have been, I can't remember last time hearing it, could be June/July.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Pateen is going to fight them on the beaches etc... confident blah blah blah joe the whore bluffy has done his bit what a great wee little country pateen got lots of support from eire yeah u did from your pr nazi spin doctors. Most if not all irish people hate you and bluffy we despise you. We are the ones that get up at 7am we are what is left of the irish economy we dont fly in furst class hell many in ireland dont fly at all anymore. So keep up ur uber bull**** rte and other elite **** may peddle your **** be we know. That is all

Wow!!

Big boil lanced there:eek:

Yes might have been, I can't remember last time hearing it, could be June/July.

I wonder if they pulled out early so to speak? They would have objectives in advance of going ahead with that re. recall, awareness etc. If they weren't being met they could cancel - depending on the contest terms they negotiators of course. Would be interesting to find out.

• Advertisement
    M

I wonder if they pulled out early so to speak? They would have objectives in advance of going ahead with that re. recall, awareness etc. If they weren't being met they could cancel - depending on the contest terms they negotiators of course. Would be interesting to find out.

It was a 1 year deal and the press release was June so probably run its course to to speak. Perhaps they threw the few bob down to keep the banner ad on the website for a while after.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement