Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

U.C.D. has 330 acres of parkland, like some country estate in the middle of South Dublin. As lovely as the hundreds of acres of green fields of U.C.D. are. there is a housing crisis.

Would they not build more student accommodation? There's already huge demand for the existing apartments on U.C.D.'s campus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

"It's forty minutes away but we can get a bike"

No doubt so that she can give her little darling a crossbar to college. :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

40 mins away.... those country bumpkins will believe anything! House is probably in Drogheda!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

U.C.D. .

UCD are running a huge deficit.

that €800 covers accommodation and bills, means you don't have travel costs so is still a bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Duffy is leaving?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,323 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Good news...perhaps the rings have been located from the taxi man. Did he even ask her yesterday if she contacted the Gardaí to see if they were handed in?

M

Duffy is leaving?

If he was there would probably be no recuitment process, PBH would just be handed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

pc7 wrote: »

that €800 covers accommodation and bills, means you don't have travel costs so is still a bargain.

Students and the fate of same students ranks a distant tenth in UCD's overall priorities. The deficit isn't funding edukayshun of the students.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,360 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Misery Hill - why wasn't Joe there?
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

M

Dan Jaman wrote: »

It would make a nice title for a song about Liveline..."Misery Hill".

• Advertisement

Who's to say he isn't up there now, with several copies of de buke.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Taxi driver had a good look at her ring.

PauloMN wrote: »

Her beautiful ring.

Well done, callers. Well done, well done.

woejus wrote: »
    He'll be practising his painting skills on the rock, with a Muriel of Chislers 1916, to shift the remaining stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

PauloMN wrote: »

Oh Matron !!:eek::eek::eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

woejus wrote: »

Don't think the Jag would get up there and not sure if Joe'd be up for the ascent by foot. I suppose he could hire some sherpas..?

pc7 wrote: »
    It ran a surplus of 20 million euro in 2015. Incidentally, that's just below the amount of income it generates from student accommodation.

The cost of construction is hugely offset by state grants and Section 50 tax relief.

I live nearby, I jog around their hundreds of acres, and I honestly think they need to get the finger out. There's a solution staring them in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

It ran a surplus of 20 million euro in 2015. Incidentally, that's just below the amount of income it generates from student accommodation.

The cost of construction is hugely offset by state grants and Section 50 tax relief.

I live nearby, I jog around their hundreds of acres, and I honestly think they need to get the finger out. There's a solution staring them in the face.

Thinly veiled "I live in So Co Du" post. ;)

Only for I know he's in his chateau "en Frawnce" so to speak I could have sworn Joe was in the gym this morning at the same time as me as there was a man with "a working class Dubalin accent" so to speak who was telling gym-goer that he "was at 4 funerals last weekend".

Only for I know he's in his chateau "en Frawnce" so to speak I could have sworn Joe was in the gym this morning at the same time as me as there was a man with "a working class Dubalin accent" so to speak who was telling gym-goer that he "was at 4 funerals last weekend".

Possibly in the gym in a last-ditch attempt to avoid joining his friends and family in the ground? I take it he had a few chinny chin chins?

• Advertisement

Possibly in the gym in a last-ditch attempt to avoid joining his friends and family in the ground? I take it he had a few chinny chin chins?

He's a member of West Wood in Clontarf so to speak. He's mentioned it before in his Daily Fail column dat he does de exercisin' and dat, but I'd imagine to look at him he spends 30seconds on an exercise bike and then an hour in the jacuzzi so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

So Lloyds Pharmacy has to pay €12 million back to the HSE (taxpayers) for overcharging. Will Liveline cover this now Lloyds are no longer sponsoring Joe's wage packet, or is it open season on them?

According to Morning Ireland it's possibly the tip of the iceberg when it comes to pharmacies overcharging. No surprise there.

Red Kev wrote: »
    So Lloyds Pharmacy has to pay €12 million back to the HSE (taxpayers) for overcharging. Will Liveline cover this now Lloyds are no longer sponsoring Joe's wage packet, or is it open season on them?

According to Morning Ireland it's possibly the tip of the iceberg when it comes to pharmacies overcharging. No surprise there.

I used to work in big bad pharma so to speak. Trust me, that's "just the tip" so to speak. The stuff that goes on re drug reimbursement is mind bogglingly crazy. As for medical billing to de in-shure-iddance companies, I could tell you stories - but not here for legal reasons so to speak.

M

I know the sponsorship is now over when the repayment occured but is there any ethics over what companies are allowed sponsor a show on RTÉ? Surely the state broadcaster should have rules regarding who they will take money from. A motor company involved in emissions testing fraud also sponsor an RTÉ show, they should be struck off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

I know the sponsorship is now over when the repayment occured but is there any ethics over what companies are allowed sponsor a show on RTÉ? Surely the state broadcaster should have rules regarding who they will take money from. A motor company involved in emissions testing fraud also sponsor an RTÉ show, they should be struck off.

Sure, if you took that line - RTE would have no advertising! There'd hardly be a business out there that hasn't offended somewhere along the line. Life is tough in the real world :)

McDonalds currently sponsor the Saturday evening kids/family movie on RTE1. There are a number of complaints sitting in the BAI on that one presently (none are mine btw but I have heard this from a reliable source) as it clearly violates the advertising to children after 6pm rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Is Joe back today to tear into Lloyds Pharmacy?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

PBH

<click>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

what make were the cars so to speak?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement