Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,321 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ffs, we will be hearing that Frozen ad the next 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Phil left him still afloat, Joe would have torpedoed him....

M

Ffs, Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Ffs, we will be hearing that Frozen ad the next 3 months.

Better than listening to that ad for Mrs Browns Boys that went on for a f***ing year!!!

M

Rainman made is a good idea to bring someone with autism to play blackjack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Tschussy

He sounded genuine to me. Perhaps a little naive to be so honest about his inexperience but I got the impression that he has a dream to get into show business, not to rip people off.

Mary was not for moving on it, a bit of a sourpuss. Her point about damaging talented kids was nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,360 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I've no doubt there are plenty of thick autistic kids, just like the rest of us.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Yes Philip , they don't have the special skills of Liam Neeson..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Tschussy wrote: »
    He sounded genuine to me. Perhaps a little naive to be so honest about his inexperience but I got the impression that he has a dream to get into show business, not to rip people off.

Mary was not for moving on it, a bit of a sourpuss. Her point about damaging talented kids was nonsense.

Wrong thread. :D

Yes, Dean.

• Advertisement

Better than listening to that ad for Mrs Browns Boys that went on for a f***ing year!!!

I hanker for a Brennan's Bread advert.

M

He should start off by being the tea boy for Joe, that's how Joe started off working with Gay Byrne all those years ago so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Ugh, gross.

He should start off by being the tea boy for Joe, that's how Joe started off working with Gay Byrne all those years ago so to speak.

Special Assistant to the Exalted Keeper of the Clamp Drawer Keys.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Respect to this lady, her kids are lucky to have a mother like her. She's speaking really well about autism, and the daily challenges involved.

Wish the State would help more in these cases, rather than dishing out allowances to all and sundry. People who really need a hand from the State don't get it in a lot of cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

PauloMN wrote: »
    Respect to this lady, her kids are lucky to have a mother like her. She's speaking really well about autism, and the daily challenges involved.

Wish the State would help more in these cases, rather than dishing out allowances to all and sundry. People who really need a hand from the State don't get it in a lot of cases.

its so short sighted,you give a kid all the help they need at a young age and then they wont be a burden on the state when they grow up

it would save tens of millions every year

Up the Internet with a Piano.

Dan Jaman wrote: »

I hanker for a Brennan's Bread advert.
    I'll take the Skoda kid

M

Is this lad chewing a steak sandwich?

Is this lad chewing a steak sandwich?

Cheap teeth and a cheap phone off ebay.

• Advertisement
    M

Would it be an inshurdance issue or HSE policy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

We have no cover for Friday. Is he talking about Liveline or St Michael's House?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

He's after putting a HUGE spotlight on the St Michaels people. which I'm sure they wont necessarily appreciate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

its so short sighted,you give a kid all the help they need at a young age and then they wont be a burden on the state when they grow up

it would save tens of millions every year

Do you reckon that's why Joe is such a burden on the state?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Would I be right in thinking this callers daughter is a talented little ****e and mammy wants to make sure she wins ?

That's what it sounded like.

But in fairness the guy seems genuine. No matter what way you add the figures up, there's no pot of gold there.

Think of the major "talent" shows - they are all based on audience votes and a hell of a lot more than 1/6th.

So I say fair play to him. Good to see people can enter without any payment (wasn't there one last year that wanted about €200?) - the yoke whining said he should just have an entry fee instead?

Well Where's her issue - she can buy five tickets for five people and that's the same cost as €50 fee she said she would pay.

Whine bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Ad with accents all over the place.

M

Terrible parenting bringing a kid to these shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Not listening, but following the thread.

Paying to enter contests. Isn't that what RTE do with those International Radio "Awards" they are always "winning"?

There are some people you'd be doing a favour to, to say, "Sorry, but you can't sing".
    It would also be doing the rest of us a service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Tschussy

Walter2016 wrote: »
    That's what it sounded like.

But in fairness the guy seems genuine. No matter what way you add the figures up, there's no pot of gold there.

Think of the major "talent" shows - they are all based on audience votes and a hell of a lot more than 1/6th.

So I say fair play to him. Good to see people can enter without any payment (wasn't there one last year that wanted about €200?) - the yoke whining said he should just have an entry fee instead?

Well Where's her issue - she can buy five tickets for five people and that's the same cost as €50 fee she said she would pay.

Whine bag.

Agreed. Plus there will no audience voting in the final so anyone decent would get there through the 50 judge votes.

It seemed a sensible approach for those that cannot afford to pay and a means for the competition to gain a little funding and ensure an audience for atmosphere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement