Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,824 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jerry not happy it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Tesco jeans are €5ish or so.

Jaysus man, grow some balls and go out and outfit yourself.

IAG will pony up, if you are that high flying as you imply, go up to Gort.

JJ Noone will kit you out.😯😯

I just back listened to today's show

I hear "putative" was Joe's 'word of the day'.

Secondly, even though I'm fully in favour of abortion rights for women, I can't quite get my head around its relevance to gay pride.

Even more puzzling, what was the female caller on about, when she said the 8th Amendment was relevant to trans women (i.e. non cis-male men):confused:

At one point she suggested that "cis-males" opinions were irrelevant to discussion of the 8th Amendment. It's rather irksome that Joe didn't pull her up on this.

I have plenty of gay friends, who have diverse opinions on all sorts of topics. Surely that's the point about gay rights. Gay people are as diverse, as equal, and as individual as the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Wonder will Joe have an "agony and ecstasy"Irish Olympic show tomorrow,live from Dun laoghaire, the Annalise Murphy fanclub..."........and what colour was young Annalise's boat"??? .

Live from Belfast, the fallout from Michael Conlons defeat, just dont mention Russia..............or Molotov Cocktails!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,358 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Wonder will Joe have an "agony and ecstasy"Irish Olympic show tomorrow,live from Dun laoghaire, the Annalise Murphy fanclub..."........and what colour was young Annalise's boat"??? .

Live from Belfast, the fallout from Michael Conlons defeat, just dont mention Russia..............or Molotov Cocktails!!!!!

Shorn of their chemical helpers, the Russians appear to have resorted to the oldest drugs of all - money, power and sex.
    They simply bribe the judges.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Shorn of their chemical helpers, the Russians appear to have resorted to the oldest drugs of all - money, power and sex.
    They simply bribe the judges.
    Is any other country's media suggesting this as much as a very disappointed Irish sports media?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Is any other country's media suggesting this as much as a very disappointed Irish sports media?

Here you go. Pre Olympics

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/aug/01/rio-2016-olympics-boxing-corruption-allegations

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I predict an Analise brown nose fest tomorrow.

I wonder how much the leaving cert will eat into the rightful praise that annalise Murphy will get today ?

Caller: Joe little Mary/Johnny won't get the course he/she wanted now and it's a joke Joe.
    Joe: but did they get the required points caller ?
    Caller: that's not the point Joe. They are entitled to the course they picked.
    Joe: I know i know I know I know
    Caller: the minister for education should get involved Joe.
    Joe: whoy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I can imagine Joe down the yacht club - sweater draped over his shoulders, large G&T in hand, discussing the size and colour of boats with his fellow club members.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It'll be the cursing, some of Joes listeners do be hatin' the cursin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I just back listened to today's show

I hear "putative" was Joe's 'word of the day'.

Secondly, even though I'm fully in favour of abortion rights for women, I can't quite get my head around its relevance to gay pride.

Even more puzzling, what was the female caller on about, when she said the 8th Amendment was relevant to trans women (i.e. non cis-male men):confused:

At one point she suggested that "cis-males" opinions were irrelevant to discussion of the 8th Amendment. It's rather irksome that Joe didn't pull her up on this.

I have plenty of gay friends, who have diverse opinions on all sorts of topics. Surely that's the point about gay rights. Gay people are as diverse, as equal, and as individual as the rest of us.

No. If they don't agree with Tommy, they're wrong.

At least that was Tonny's argument yesterday so to speak.

Joe will have watched Rocky III last night to see how de Russian boxers do be trainin' and do be cheatin' and do be takin' de drugs. He thinks it's a documentary so to speak. The thread will explode if he mentions "Ivan Drago"

Wonder will "Row, row, row your boat" get anudder airing? Or will "Wat duz be de difference between de sailin and de rowing so to speak"? be typed into de EYE pad ar 1:43?

ThisRegard wrote: »
    It'll be the cursing, some of Joes listeners do be hatin' the cursin'.

I understand he was upset Joe but it really is most uncouth to use such unparliamentary language so to speak....

I can imagine Joe down the yacht club - sweater draped over his shoulders, large G&T in hand, discussing the size and colour of boats with his fellow club members.......

The only thing I can imagine Joe doing that's connected to the sea is being a floating buoy to warn against rocky conditions underneath. He's the perfect shape for it. Although the cost at €417k per year would make him the world's most expensive one.

1195631_0231af43.jpg

sligojoek wrote: »
    I predict an Analise brown nose fest tomorrow.

Wunderful, magnificent achievement so to speak.

I hope she doesn't talk to Joe so to speak.

I understand he was upset Joe but it really is most uncouth to use such unparliamentary language so to speak....

Ah now butters Joe speaks the queens English so to speak. Well I'm sure he tells himself that.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,320 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I predict Rod Stewarts song Sailing for todays epic soundtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,200 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

If he so much as thinks about darkening the door of our lovely club..... :mad:

I am hoping that Annalise a) will be too busy celebrating and b) would have more sense than to waste a minute of her day talking to Joe listening to Joe burble on about something he knows nothing about, making a fool of himself as usual

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    If he so much as thinks about darkening the door of our lovely club..... :mad:

I am hoping that Annalise a) will be too busy celebrating and b) would have more sense than to waste a minute of her day talking to Joe listening to Joe burble on about something he knows nothing about, making a fool of himself as usual

And Anna-lee-eees, tell me, de you not be finding the rowing sticks heavy for a young lady like yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,358 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

ThisRegard wrote: »
    And Anna-lee-eees, tell me, de you not be finding the rowing sticks heavy for a young lady like yourself?

"But of course, Annallllleeeeeeeeeeeeess, you had to get there through harrowing circumstances when your dog died and your entire extended family perished in the Giant Meteor Strike of 1832. Take us back to those horrible, grim, dark days, when you thought your world had ground to a halt..."
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

I predict Rod Stewarts song Sailing for todays epic soundtrack.

After just hearing the breaking news about Pat Hickey, perhaps Jailhouse Rock would be more fitting :pac:

Well the ticket scandal, that he barely brushed off, Pat Hickey reportedly arrested, the mess that's the boxing. So much fodder for the show, which of course non will appear.

M

Fujitsu10 wrote: »
    After just hearing the breaking news about Pat Hickey, perhaps Jailhouse Rock would be more fitting :pac:

Love it :D.

M

BBC says PH tried to escape so to speak but wasn't successful, news conference at 1.30 today should have potential for comedy gold...
    Police say Mr Hickey, who also heads the Olympic Council of Ireland, tried to escape when they came to arrest him.

They say he slid his Olympic pass under the door when police came knocking and fled into the adjacent hotel room, where his son had been staying until recently.

After he was arrested he was taken ill and received medical attention, reports say.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-37107450

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Ireland - a land of cheats.
    Worldwide publicity

snubbleste wrote: »
    Ireland - a land of cheats people who make mistakes.
    Worldwide pblicity Move along please, nothing to see here.

Hickey is as dodgy as Joe's local (former) politician Ivan Calorie.

Unlikely I'll be listening today.
    It has potential to be a good one, but every time we say that we are disappointed. :(

I'll read back later, have fun kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

BBC says PH tried to escape so to speak but wasn't successful, news conference at 1.30 today should have potential for comedy gold...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-37107450

where was he planning on escaping to I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

where was he planning on escaping to I wonder?
    Ireland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement