Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Tullamoray....

Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

tullamorey again:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

What the hell is Tullamoray??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Was Yew Ormond hooked at half time?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Lets pray sean comes back on friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

pc7 wrote: »
    I used to love that ad as a kid for the juice (can't remember the name) but the song was about the Congo!

Um_Bongo.png

went the way of the golly bar thanks to the PCnicks !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Lets pray sean comes back on friday.
    If you were Séan, would you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Was Yew Ormond hooked at half time?

Looks like it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,747 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The RTE tent yesterday at the ploughing was like a sauna.

Wouldn't fancy that tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

That_Guy wrote: »
    Tullamoray....

Christ.

Bedside ballamorey do what's the story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

snubbleste wrote: »
    If you were Séan, would you?

I would, Sean said they only rang him half hour before the show. He now has 2 days to prepare for Duffy's ambush. I doubt Duffy will have Sean back on really !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Another SJW on twitter accusing Sean of being a racist:
    Mark Malone ‏@soundmigration 59m59 minutes ago
    Everyone involved with refugees and people seeking asylum have been saying Sean Deegan was a racist judge for years. He proves it #liveline

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Jeez, will somebody tell Darcy that playing Youtube clips on radio doesn't work.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Um_Bongo.png

went the way of the golly bar thanks to the PCnicks !
    ha ha that was the one! you've made my day, I'm smiling here.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The DP centre in Sligo is on Convent Hill. Nobody calls it that anymore. It's been dubbed Congo Hill for the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Another SJW on twitter accusing Sean of being a racist:

ya gotta love the delusion of those nutters.

people have been saying for year that 90% of asylum seekers were chancers, turn out they were underestimating it !

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,343 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

jojofizzio wrote: »
    What the hell is Tullamoray??

When you're down on your knees
    Giving thanks for your fees
    Tulla Moray

If the public are dumb
    Kick them right on the bum
    Tulla Moray

Got a little hook, write a little book in...
    Tulla Moray
    Cos that's no surprise, when you're full of lies
    in TULLA MORRRRAAAAAAAAYYYYYY
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 29,196 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Well..... what a breath of fresh air Sean was!!!

Refused to be drawn off line, or swamped by all the ****e Joe dragged into the conversation.

One thing I will never understand, though, is why callers never, ever (bar Bryan from Moscow - take a bow Bryan) are driven to let a roar of

"STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH JOE".

More absolutely disgraceful tabloid muckraking by Joe.

And then at the end - TULLAMORAY :eek:

I really, truly and seriously thought you lot were just slagging about something he'd said years ago, but no - he came right out with it, deadpan, no giggle or "so to speak", just like that's how you say it.

WTF??? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

"Well we know her as Nicole Tandy, but that's obviously not her real name"

I was hoping that Sean would butt in and say "What Joe? She's even lying about her name, never mind her back story"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I think you are all wrong about the encounter between JD and Sean.

That was merely Duffy's cute way of giving "balance" to the program by letting an educated and experienced person in the field (so to speak!) give the other side.

The rest of it was faux outrage by JD, so to speak. Just for balance like.

It was great just the same. Go Sean!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 savertelw252

RTE are planning to cut off Liveline to our elderly and lonely diaspora from next May. A disgusting attack on vulnerable people who have listened to liveline for over 35 years, many of them have nothing to look forward to each day except Liveline. We are planning a protest next month, find out more on twitter and Facebook #savertelw252

RTE are planning to cut off Liveline to our elderly and lonely diaspora from next May. A disgusting attack on vulnerable people who have listened to liveline for over 35 years, many of them have nothing to look forward to each day except Liveline. We are planning a protest next month, find out more on twitter and Facebook #savertelw252

RTE cite costs as a reason to cut LW. If they cut the salaries of Joe Duffy, D'Arcy, Tubridy etc. they could easily pay for it.
    But they don't want to do that, because RTE operates for the benefit of its employees, not the public.
    Apart from that, if Liveline is all you have to look forward to, you have my sympathies :) Read a book instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,343 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I thought I'd read all the sad things in the world already.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Please let Seán ask her now how she got here and how she financed it.
    What's money got to do with it?

A refugee can be middle-class. In fact, you're more likely to be targeted as a journalist or someone in an influential position, than someone who is poor.

Sean Deegan doesn't seem to get this either. He's been criticised by people who know what they're talking about.
    Roger_007 wrote: »
    Joe is back to the money again. What an obnoxious bollix.
    jojofizzio wrote: »
    What the hell has his main source of income got to do with the topic at hand??
    money again

no class
    Lads ye have a very different view when Duffy's salary is being discussed.

Have ye ever read these judgments? They're mostly copy and paste jobs, with brief biographical introductions that can be written-up during an episode of Fair City. Not bad for 300 euro a pop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 291 ✭✭Bigbok

Would you ever cop on, ever been to Soweto, or Kwa Mashu?

U ever been to bullymun,tallaght to name just two

• Registered Users Posts: 82,309 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A refugee can be middle-class. In fact, you're more likely to be targeted as a journalist or someone in an influential position, than someone who is poor.

Sean Deegan doesn't seem to get this either. He's been criticised by people who know what they're talking about.

We don't know their financial position as Joe never asked that important question as to how the trip was financed and how much it cost.

Lets just say for a minute that one of the callers was a multi millionaire so could basically travel anywhere in the world within reason, whoy would they decide to come to Ireland of all places, doesn't make any sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

We don't know their financial position as Joe never asked that important question as to how the trip was financed and how much it cost.

Lets just say for a minute that one of the callers was a multi millionaire so could basically travel anywhere in the world within reason, whoy would they decide to come to Ireland of all places, doesn't make any sense.

And get into Ireland without a visa

Who are these people that 'know what they are talking about'?
    Give us an example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,196 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

As Sean Deegan pointed out - correctly IMO - if his decisions were that out of kilter then he'd have been up in front of the High Court explaining himself a lot more than he was (if he was at all?) He stated again and again that he was simply implementing the refugee laws as they were at the time.

Lads ye have a very different view when Duffy's salary is being discussed.

Have ye ever read these judgments? They're mostly copy and paste jobs, with brief biographical introductions that can be written-up during an episode of Fair City. Not bad for 300 euro a pop.
    Have you? I haven't, didn't know they were a matter of public record tbh.

And as for the references to income - it was the snide/sneering tone of Joe's questions that infuriated me - he can't just ask a straight question, but seemed to want to imply that Deegan was in it for the money, or something along those lines (or indeed some other insinuation altogether, who knows what goes on in Joe's head). He may have been, for all I know - but why couldn't Joe just ask that? As it was he just left a cloud of suspicion and innuendo over the whole matter.

And what business of his is it anyway? Joe's salary is a matter of public record as it should be since it's paid by the national broadcaster.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement