Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I think the most shocking revelation from Funnnny Fryday is that they actually have a script.
    They all had scripts! And Hugh was sitting there with various markers and a clock.

Also, they have Talk to Joe mugs. I want one!
    pb6hH8s.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

So I guess Philip is on today after Joe's tough work yesterday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

http://www.independent.ie/business/farming/ploughing-championships/farmers-were-rubbing-up-against-me-at-the-ploughing-rts-sinead-kennedy-35072373.html

Kathryn Thomas was quoted as saying "I totally understand how she feels. I had a lucky escape myself as I only recently passed through Tulla-More-Ray in 2002 and I too could have been rubbed up against by farmers so to speak."

KT is the unluckiest person alive what with her mother almost getting shot in Tunisia except she left the country 3 months earlier & her brother being in California at the time of the Berkeley balcony collapse albeit in a different part of the state...I don't know how she copes

I was at the Ploughing a few years back. Lisa (off Expose, oh God they have no Vera Wang invitations left for my wedding) Cannon was trying to do a walking heads piece in the middle of the crowd and was peed off that people wouldn't get out of her way

"I found this company - they are the only company in Ireland that do Vera Wang invites. I just had to have them and obviously they come at a cost. And that is the other snag. Everything is money, money, money. Anything I like always seems to be really expensive. I obviously have really expensive taste,” she joked

vomit...

Today...
    Craft beers, a "scam" where some boozers are flogging Heineken products as craft beers.
    Die rect provision again...Joe uses the "chancer" soundbite
    Funeral...someone has spent €14k on one, thinks it's expensive so to speaj.
    De twitterimagikiy sez:a woman is being denied a bereavement grant as she wasn't married to her partner of over 40 years

Serves her right for living in sin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PathMatcher

So I guess Philip is on today for the next 2 weeks after Joe's tough work yesterday ?

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

KT is the unluckiest person alive what with her mother almost getting shot in Tunisia except she left the country 3 months earlier & her brother being in California at the time of the Berkeley balcony collapse albeit in a different part of the state...I don't know how she copes

I was at the Ploughing a few years back. Lisa (off Expose, oh God they have no Vera Wang invitations left for my wedding) Cannon was trying to do a walking heads piece in the middle of the crowd and was peed off that people wouldn't get out of her way

"I found this company - they are the only company in Ireland that do Vera Wang invites. I just had to have them and obviously they come at a cost. And that is the other snag. Everything is money, money, money. Anything I like always seems to be really expensive. I obviously have really expensive taste,” she joked

vomit...

Is that a true story caller? Any links? Is the quote "fo reals" (as the rappers say so to speak)? Is she that deluded? God help us if she gets a job in RTE........

• Registered Users Posts: 29,196 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

snubbleste wrote: »
    Really?
    0003a57b-531.jpg

Did yer man seriously get all dressed up FOR A RADIO SHOW :confused:

(He also bears a slightly worrying resemblance to his "victim"...... :eek:)

Also, if Joe attempts to misquote/discredit Seán Deegan re "chanchers" again today without having him on the line to defend himself, I hope he (Seán) takes him (Joe) to the cleaners.

Also, they have Talk to Joe mugs. I want one!
    pb6hH8s.gif

Carrick Glen ISHKA Spring. Déanta sa tSín so to speak.

Is that a true story caller? Any links? Is the quote "fo reals" (as the rappers say so to speak)? Is she that deluded? God help us if she gets a job in RTE........

yip, from here. I usually prefer not to reference the click bait that is the indo as clicking only feeds the beast , but will make an exception for you Butters

http://www.independent.ie/style/weddings/its-a-physical-and-emotional-rollercoaster-lisa-cannon-overwhelmed-with-vera-wang-wedding-invitations-usherettes-and-tom-ford-suits-31129082.html

some more gems

"When we were going through music with the opera singer, I was overwhelmed. Should I do a classical string quartet or should I do opera when I am walking up the aisle? There are these decisions to make. And I can't really offload that to anyone else. It's too personal," she told VIP.

Lisa also told of how there is now a spanner in the works as one of her usherettes rang her in floods of tears the other day.

“She is pregnant, and due two days before the wedding and can’t make it,” Lisa revealed.

“Specifying to the caterers what kind of cutlery is a task in itself. It is just a massive physical and emotional rollercoaster.”

“Richard is wearing a Tom Ford suit that Daniel Craig wore in Skyfall. There are only five in the country. That sounds so ostentatious but it is his wedding day.”

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Did yer man seriously get all dressed up FOR A RADIO SHOW :confused:

(He also bears a slightly worrying resemblance to his "victim"...... :eek:)

Also, if Joe attempts to misquote/discredit Seán Deegan re "chanchers" again today without having him on the line to defend himself, I hope he (Seán) takes him (Joe) to the cleaners.

Yeah, he always wears that red velour waistcoat, a dickie bow and a really ill-fitting suit to OB's.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Surely Duffy won't be able to resist the Naas Ambulance story. Particularly because the Fibre Gade came along.

yip, from here. I usually prefer not to reference the click bait that is the indo as clicking only feeds the beast , but will make an exception for you Butters

http://www.independent.ie/style/weddings/its-a-physical-and-emotional-rollercoaster-lisa-cannon-overwhelmed-with-vera-wang-wedding-invitations-usherettes-and-tom-ford-suits-31129082.html

Thanks caller. She'd deluded. I can also tell you that TV3 Xposé staff are not on anything like RTÉ fees - not within an asses roar of it.

For the rest of you:
    TV3 presenter Lisa Cannon has said that planning her dream wedding has not been as ‘joyous’ as she expected.

• The Xpose host is set to marry her rugby player husband-to-be in Florence this September.

Lisa (36) has told VIP Magazine that she is “overwhelmed” with the preparations, despite the fact she has a wedding planner.

“It’s really quite stressful - I’m quite taken aback at the amount of work involved,” she told the outlet.

“I had no idea it was going to be like this. On top of the ferocious hours we have on Xpose, it is proving quite a lot to deal with.

"It's tough going, this is not as joyous an experience as I would like. I am wrecked,” she said.

“Specifying to the caterers what kind of cutlery is a task in itself. It is just a massive physical and emotional rollercoaster.”

The brunette has previously said she hopes to use the same caterers as Kim Kardashian and Kanye West enlisted for their own Italian nuptials last May.

Lisa also told of how there is now a spanner in the works as one of her usherettes rang her in floods of tears the other day.

“She is pregnant, and due two days before the wedding and can’t make it,” Lisa revealed.

“Even the invites are troubling me.

"I found this company - they are the only company in Ireland that do Vera Wang invites. I just had to have them and obviously they come at a cost. And that is the other snag. Everything is money, money, money. Anything I like always seems to be really expensive. I obviously have really expensive taste,” she joked.

Style is also another area where no expenses will be spared.

“Richard is wearing a Tom Ford suit that Daniel Craig wore in Skyfall. There are only five in the country. That sounds so ostentatious but it is his wedding day.”

Lisa will have Irish tenor George Hutton performing at the ceremony.

"When we were going through music with the opera singer, I was overwhelmed. Should I do a classical string quartet or should I do opera when I am walking up the aisle? There are these decisions to make. And I can't really offload that to anyone else. It's too personal," she told VIP.

The TV3 star has a number of ideas of how to honour the memory of her late mother Laura on her special day. "She will be very much part of that day. That's very important to me," she added.

"I found Mother's Day this year particularly hard, but you know, you're a big girl and you just get on with it. But I feel she is with me throughout it all and I'm hoping she guides me in the right way for certain things."

13:47 and no Lahvline

The Craft Beer topic has potential....

Starts at 13:47:36
    tut tut tut

13:47 and no Lahvline

Yay!

"I heard it on Noostalk" sez Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Wait for the puns.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Newstalk?. Is he allowed to use that word?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

An immigrant so to speak

• Registered Users Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

well this is rubbish , over priced craft beer

• Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

They never go home those boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm expecting an ambush along the lines of, "and do you know that your beer causes societal issues"

"mis-sold".

You'd know a lot about mis-selling Joe, portraying yourself as a man of the peeple when the reality is so different.

I bet you he counts that as wurk (research) so to speak.

I have never tasted a Craft beer that wasn't piss, maybe I would have enjoyed the faux Craft Heineken one.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Surely Duffy won't be able to resist the Naas Ambulance story. Particularly because the Fibre Gade came along.

I hope he doesn't, its a bit soon, that poor mans family and the paramedics, deeply traumatizing I'm sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,343 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I think the most shocking revelation from Funnnny Fryday is that they actually have a script.

That somebody actually wrote that crap is astounding. It was just about understandable when I thought it was off-the-cuff, but to find out that hours (ok, minutes) were spent writing it, thinking, re-writing, crafting it better, scrubbing, editing and finally polishing it.
    I seriously doubt any care or talent went into it at all, come to think of it now.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement