Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭furiousox

Show highlight was when Joe was muttering an aside and the 3 heart attacks caller said "Sorry, I can't hear you" and Joe says "Oh I was just talking to myself".
    Sure carry on Joe, you're only live on the national airwaves, sorry for disturbing you there! :D

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I've been roped into something on Mondays and Tuesdays at Lahv Lahn time for the next few weeks so to speak.

Find him GUILTY and vote to hang him :(:)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Find him GUILTY and vote to hang him :(:)

I was called for jury duty when I was in college in the summer of 1995. I didn't want to do it under any circumstances so on the first day I asked "is this going to like OJ?" aloud within earshot of both sets of solicitors hoping/knowing i'd be disqualified immediately for doing so (the OJ trial was on at the time). Plan worked so to speak. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,361 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I was called for jury duty when I was in college in the summer of 1995. I didn't want to do it under any circumstances so on the first day I asked "is this going to like OJ?" aloud within earshot of both sets of solicitors hoping/knowing i'd be disqualified immediately for doing so (the OJ trial was on at the time). Plan worked so to speak. ;)

Oh, I found the simple way was to want to affirm. Instant objection from one side. STuff it, I thought. I could see that happening every time, so just went home and had a bad dose of the runs from a dodgy curry, that unfortunately precluded me from any jury-like activities for the rest of the week.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Duffy hosting and moderating a meeting on croyme in De Kip 7pm Wednesday
    Book your ticket now cityhall @ dublincity.ie or calling 01 2222918/2204.

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »

I just has de two questions Joe:

Wan) WHOY did you call de city of Dubalin an unadulterated kip Joe? And do you tink dat helped create a positive or negative impression of de city so to speak?

Too) Why do you always give deeze criminals such a soft ride on yer show? Is it because de mudder of yer pal Brindin O'Cardle is pals wit de mudder a wan a de croyme fambilies so to speak?

He'll probably take Wednesday off to "prepare" (lol) for that, and Thursday too to recover.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He be taking time off Wednesday to prepare and Thursday off to recover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

He'll probably take Wednesday off to "prepare" (lol) for that, and Thursday too to recover.
    Joe speaks
    sligojoek wrote: »
    He be taking time off Wednesday to prepare and Thursday off to recover.
    Joe's interpreter speaks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Joe speaks

Joe's interpreter speaks
    Great moinds think aloike, so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Just heard some guy on NT this morning say that there is some community meeting to discuss what to do about the drugs/crime gangs in a particular area of Dublin, and it was mentioned that it was being chaired by Joe Duffy. :eek:

Wait til somebody says something that he doesnt like and the chair will be full in with a "dont give me any of your oul guff".

• Registered Users Posts: 82,324 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I presume hope DCC are not paying him fees to do this.

On top of the RTE overtime rate and the Taxi fares and the slap-perup feed and vat of claret afterwards

Unfortunately I'd suspect they are. I can't see Duffy doing anything like this for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Just heard some guy on NT this morning say that there is some community meeting to discuss what to do about the drugs/crime gangs in a particular area of Dublin, and it was mentioned that it was being chaired by Joe Duffy. :eek:

Wait til somebody says something that he doesnt like and the chair will be full in with a "dont give me any of your oul guff".

I hope it goes as well as the World Cup homecoming

I hope it goes as well as the World Cup homecoming
    What happened then? did the bauld Joe throw the childer off the open top bus?

What happened then? did the bauld Joe throw the childer off the open top bus?

it was a watch from behind the couch toe curlingly cringey performance

duffs face says it all

MC Duffy

watch-the-main-reason-why-we-should-be-happy-theres-no-phoenix-park-reception.png

Ah that face just asks nay begs WTAF is this clown asking me?

M

Damien Duff Dizziness so to speak..."Dao" is loving being next to such a pro :D

Does Dao, Damo or even Damian know who that padro pio person is? That look from him that says "will ya ever F......." erm "enouf a yeser aul Guff Joe" really should have told those in charge to fire & shoot Duffy from the big Circus cannon!

Any preveiw of what we can expect from the lahve lihn today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I think I have been listening to too many Funny Fridays.

3 lads were sitting at a table in the canteen just now eating take out from Michie Sushi, newly opened branch up the road here. I walked over and said "Enjoying the Micky lads?"

where do I sign up for FF?

I think I have been listening to too many Funny Fridays.

3 lads were sitting at a table in the canteen just now eating take out from Michie Sushi, newly opened branch up the road here. I walked over and said "Enjoying the Micky lads?"

where do I sign up for FF?

Ah jaysus that one is older than Sil Fox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

......... really should have told those in charge to fire & shoot Duffy from the big Circus cannon!

Should have done a Fr Jack and said "How did that gobshlte get on the radio!"

Today is something about a woman waiting 24 hours for A&E and more graveyard shenanigans from RTE reporters and cameramen at funerals tabloid photographers.

Red Kev wrote: »
    Should have done a Fr Jack and said "How did that gobshlte get on the radio!"

Today is something about a woman waiting 24 hours for A&E and more graveyard shenanigans from RTE reporters and cameramen at funerals tabloid photographers.
    Same auld shoite as yesterday then!

Damien Duff Dizziness so to speak..."Dao" is loving being next to such a pro :D

I'd never seen that clip before so to speak as I'm not a fan per se of de Irish futeball teem and de best fans in de wurild or John "The Baptist" Delaney so to speak.

A few observations:
    1) good to see the "Well done! Well done!"s are not reserved for salt a de irths - he's been using them with premiership football millionaires since 2002 so to speak
    2) the look on Damien Duff's face and the "WTF?" grimaces when Duffy is talking to him are priceless
    3) Duffy thought he was hilarious with his DDD joke
    4) the 2016 version looks like he actually ate the 2002 version - Joe wasn't dining in l'Ecrivain and coiffing 4 bottles of Bollinger '57 a night back then by the looks of things

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

3) Duffy thought he was hilarious with his DDD joke
    /quote]

Thought DDD was a reference to Joe's moobs.!!

tell us how crap we are

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Mary.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

could you not find a nice Irish lad?

• Advertisement
    M

It's money laundering legislation so to speak.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement