Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

foggy_lad wrote: »
    God luv him sure doing tho pantos a day would surely kill anyone

God love the audience who had to watch him more like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

God love the audience who had to watch him more like

Ah no Roary is ok but now if your talking about his fella Byfriend the mad highland redhead I'd be Takin the High road and steamin up Joe's glasses for weeks!

Ah no Roary is ok but now if your talking about his fella Byfriend the mad highland redhead I'd be Takin the High road and steamin up Joe's glasses for weeks!

Did you hear the interview he gave Duffy a few weeks ago where he called a woman "a vile creature" and refused to withdraw it (despite being given a number of opportunities to do so) because she dared to question his awareness of the workings of the Irish Autism Association? He came across as quite the little drama queen that day so to speak.

Ah no I couldn't be doin with that but what about the redhead lad from scotland? He'd be more my cup of tea

Remember the mystery of the missing money in the burtday cards, last year?

The callers to Liveline didn't state their postal district, but I wonder if this is related:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/garda-launch-investigation-as-undelivered-mail-found-in-house-35083636.html
    People in the Dundalk area phoned in to radio station LMFM this morning complaining there had been serious delays in the delivery of mail in the town.

One customer received a letter posted in October last year on Friday, and another received five letters on Saturday – including two for colonoscopy appointments and another for an appointment at the eye clinic in the Louth County Hospital, which they missed as a result of the delay.
    Gardaí have confirmed they carried out a search of a house earlier in the month and found a batch of undelivered post.

The mail is now being delivered with an attached note from An Post apologising for the inconvenience caused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Remember the mystery of the missing money in the borthday cards, last year?

The callers to Liveline didn't state their postal district, but I wonder if this is related:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/garda-launch-investigation-as-undelivered-mail-found-in-house-35083636.html
    If I remember correctly the callers were warned not to state their postal district.

Who's the redhead lad fromm Scotland, So to speak?

sligojoek wrote: »
    Who's the redhead lad fromm Scotland, So to speak?

Dino of course:eek: How could yis not kno that?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,361 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Did you hear the interview he gave Duffy a few weeks ago where he called a woman "a vile creature" and refused to withdraw it (despite being given a number of opportunities to do so) because she dared to question his awareness of the workings of the Irish Autism Association? He came across as quite the little drama queen that day so to speak.

I also thought she questioned his undoubted (in his own mind) awesomeness that he'd accrued by selflessly putting himself out there in front of the savage packs of press photographers and thereby saving the innocents from their vile lenses.
    What a guy.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    I also thought she questioned his undoubted (in his own mind) awesomeness that he'd accrued by selflessly putting himself out there in front of the savage packs of press photographers and thereby saving the innocents from their vile lenses.
    What a guy.

I thought she was just having a fit because he was only there for a ten minute photo shoot and was not doing the full cycle and didn't really even know what it was for, my take on that is that he gave his time free and probably rraised some awareness and even some money for the charity so why is this wan whinging?

• Advertisement

I thought she was just having a fit because he was only there for a ten minute photo shoot and was not doing the full cycle and didn't really even know what it was for, my take on that is that he gave his time free and probably rraised some awareness and even some money for the charity so why is this wan whinging?

He did join the cycle for the last few Kms but that wasn't what her complaint was.

She (along with many other parents) questioned via face buke did he know where the money was going etc and questioned his knowledge of the charity itself (he didn't appear to have a clue btw) and its governance - given the current climate regarding charities income and expenditure all valid questions IMO.

He called her "a vile creature" on de facebuke during that exchange for daring to question him.

When she called Joe to discuss this Joe ambushed her and took Rory's side with both of the experienced media people ganging up on her. She was understandably a little nervous and did cross the line herself in the argument, but I would excuse her behaviour FAR more in an overall context than Rory's (or indeed Joe's). He refused to withdraw the remark, made it all about him and though given yet another chance to withdraw it at the end of the segment refused again even going so far as to say he didn't think he'd ever do charity work again. He had no problem fronting the carbon monoxide campaign for a fee though today - and yes, they do get fees for those gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

Do you think he's getting a fee for chairing the Lord Mayor's meeting on crime tomorrow evening? Or will it count as research for the show?

It's going to be all drugs, guns and stolen bicycles for the foreseeable on the Liveline.

He did join the cycle for the last few Kms but that wasn't what her complaint was.

She (along with many other parents) questioned via face buke did he know where the money was going etc and questioned his knowledge of the charity itself (he didn't appear to have a clue btw) and its governance - given the current climate regarding charities income and expenditure all valid questions IMO.

He called her "a vile creature" on de facebuke during that exchange for daring to question him.

When she called Joe to discuss this Joe ambushed her and took Rory's side with both of the experienced media people ganging up on her. She was understandably a little nervous and did cross the line herself in the argument, but I would excuse her behaviour FAR more in an overall context than Rory's (or indeed Joe's). He refused to withdraw the remark, made it all about him and though given yet another chance to withdraw it at the end of the segment refused again even going so far as to say he didn't think he'd ever do charity work again. He had no problem fronting the carbon monoxide campaign for a fee though today - and yes, they do get fees for those gigs.

I remember her well and her attitude was basically eff off and don't help unless you find out all about the charity or organisation etc

Roary was there and gave his time freely and had a gang of facebuke whingers and moaning minnies with nothing better to do abuse him and that is just not on!

Those people would have been better off spending their time trying to raise more money for their charity but all they wanted to do was attack some celebrity, Any celebrity will do!

People like that wan and her facebuke crew are the reason I say fork off to charity collectors even those collecting for childer.

Only people I give freely to are StVdeP and any hospice/homecare collections and that is because of people like that wagon who are just basically ungrateful when a celeb offers a little help!

Roary was not there to write a thesis on the charitry or the particular illness/disability, he was there to ride a bike a few miles and raise some publicity for the cycle and fundraising which he did quite happily!

He doesn't need to know anything about the charity to help them raise a few hundred euros but that gang of facebuke witches thought to get more publicity by attacking a fairly nice person who is also a celebrity.

I remember her well and her attitude was basically eff off and don't help unless you find out all about the charity or organisation etc

Roary was there and gave his time freely and had a gang of facebuke whingers and moaning minnies with nothing better to do abuse him and that is just not on!

Those people would have been better off spending their time trying to raise more money for their charity but all they wanted to do was attack some celebrity, Any celebrity will do! Your bar for celebrity is set pretty low if you count him as a celebrity btw. I'd say 99% of the people who saw him assumed he was a worker in Woodies rather than a "celebrity".

People like that wan and her facebuke crew are the reason I say fork off to charity collectors even those collecting for childer.

Only people I give freely to are StVdeP and any hospice/homecare collections and that is because of people like that wagon who are just basically ungrateful when a celeb offers a little help! On a point of clarity, he didn't offer - he said himself he was asked to do it. And of course he gets nothing out of it (yes, I'm being sarcastic there)......name and picture in the paper etc., it's publicity for him too you know and that's how the game works.

Roary was not there to write a thesis on the charitry or the particular illness/disability, he was there to ride a bike a few miles and raise some publicity for the cycle and fundraising which he did quite happily! Happily? After the event he engaged in a full on facebuke war with a number of women and called one "a vile creature". Anyone with a bit of dignity would have remained silent; or, if they really wanted to address the issue released a short statement explaining their motivations for doing said event.

He doesn't need to know anything about the charity to help them raise a few hundred euros True. He doesn't also have to throw a hissy fit when asked about his motivation for doing so either. It (and his "performance" on lahv Lahn) were not the most dignified nor graceful. but that gang of facebuke witches is there any real need for you to call them that? thought to get more publicity by attacking a fairly nice person (in your opinion - I don't know him personally, do you? I can only judge him on the few times I've heard him speak about Israel and of course the times he's been on with Joe and tbh I find him very distasteful). Btw, on the facebuke argument - it takes two to tango, and he was very much involved in that argument. I'd posit that as a person involved in the media he should be a little more streetwise and savvy and know how those thing work and go out of his way to remain dignified and void conflict - 2 things he certainly failed to do. who is also a celebrity.

Comments above in bold. I'd really like if you answered the question re. do you know him personally btw.

As I said previously (on the day and earlier this evening), she wasn't 100% right either by any means, but she certainly came across better than Mr. Cowan.

Do you really think it's acceptable for him to have called her "a vile creature"?

And even if he said it in the heat of the moment he was given numerous chances to withdraw it and apologise but he turned them all down. Classy guy.

I think you'll find that regular posters on this thread are not members of the Brindin O'Cardle fan club, nor fans of that type of "humour"; but we're all snobs of course and don't understand the "hilarity" in seeing a man dressed as a woman telling jokes from 1970. :rolleyes:

I've no idea who Dino is.

Comments above in bold. I'd really like if you answered the question re. do you know him personally btw.

As I said previously (on the day and earlier this evening), she wasn't 100% right either by any means, but she certainly came across better than Mr. Cowan.

Do you really think it's acceptable for him to have called her "a vile creature"?

And even if he said it in the heat of the moment he was given numerous chances to withdraw it and apologise but he turned them all down. Classy guy.
    Don't know him, never met him afaik and no connection to that show or anyone on it. As for that vile creature comment, it came afaik after an orchestrated tirade of abuse on facebuke led by the wan on the radio, so I can understand the reason it was said and the refusal to retract it.

Don't know him, never met him afaik and no connection to that show or anyone on it. As for that vile creature comment, it came afaik after an orchestrated tirade of abuse on facebuke led by the wan on the radio, so I can understand the reason it was said and the refusal to retract it.

Well, unless I'm mistaken and have completely misjudged the reaction here on the day you're in the minority in thinking that it is acceptable for him to say that or at least not retract it.

As I said, it takes two to tango: Cowan was a party in the "war on facebuke" too. H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

11000!
    Abandon Ship!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

sligojoek wrote: »
    I've no idea who Dino is.

Dino is the boyfriend of Rory in MBB- Dino could do a lot better for himself so to speak

I wondered what had happened to that story. Pharmacies have been ripping us all off for years. The only business that were opening during the recession were pharmacies and bookies, one screws money out of poor eejits, the other takes bets on horses, dogs, cartoons etc

I can't see JoeRatio getting his hands dirty with lifting the lid of that wormy can, as his good buddies in the pharmacy industry are all at it, big and small, with their extra admin and service billings to the HSE for the slightest bit of help in dispensing.
    If it were only a few small shops at it, he'd be on them like an attack hamster, worrying them to death with his savage nips.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

attack hamster

:D:D

I can't see JoeRatio getting his hands dirty with lifting the lid of that wormy can, as his good buddies in the pharmacy industry are all at it, big and small, with their extra admin and service billings to the HSE for the slightest bit of help in dispensing.
    If it were only a few small shops at it, he'd be on them like an attack hamster, worrying them to death with his savage nips.

I have a strong suspicion though no actual proof that this is how it works

No medical card.
    Hi local friendly pharmacist, here is my 6 month prescription, I would like generics and I would like to fill the 6 months in one go

Lets leave off the actual difference in generic versus brand for now
    Pharmacy admin costs 3 items * e5 (check prescription put box in bag)= e15 for 6 months

Medical Card Holder
    Cannot fill the 6 months in one go as the system doesn't allow this, probably doesn't ask for generics why would they, it doesn't cost them anything*

Pharmacy admin costs 3 items * e5 (check prescription put box in bag)* 6 months = e90 for 6 months
    Can I put them into handy daily dispensing kits for you?
    Pharmacy admin costs 3 items * e10 * 6 months = e180 for 6 months

Total costs of admin for non medical card holder is e15 for 6 months and e270 for a medical card holder for the same items and this is not even accounting for the profit on the medicines themselves which is bound to be higher on the brands

*now not everyone's prescription would be suitable for dispensing in 6 months batches and not all brands have generics available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

My own experiences of pharmacies during my Dad's illness is that most of them are blatant rip offs.

My Dad was on about 700 tablets a month, I used to sort them by hand every week, then the local chemist got the blister pack sorter in. Started at €15, then €17, €20 and €25. When it went to €35 I said forget it, I'll go back to doing it by hand, so the price went back to €25.

I picked him up at the community Centre one day and they'd all been talking about the prices, turns out they were being charged everything from €10 to €30, no matter how many tablets they had. There was a woman there who is charged £4 in NI for the same service. This kind of price variation seems to be common in the area, €20 is the norm.

The thing about blister packs is that for the elderly it's a great help as there's no confusion involved and as a result it's something that's been taken advantage of by chemists. I've a second cousin who opened two pharmacies in rough areas of Dublin solely with the intention of distributing prescription uppers and downers to the locals, all perfectly legal. He did it with a chemist from the UK, who let it out that they made 4-5 times the profit in Ireland on that gear that they made in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,324 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Today...
    De 20 bags of undelivered post found in some house in Louth
    Should priests be getting paid at the funerals
    Social services card, the old are confused about them
    An Irishman has died in Australia, he emigrated to there in 1976, can we find any relatives.
    Damascus gate killing, perhaps another visit to this story

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Unwell,unwell,unwell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Didn't take long. ;-)

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057653064/1/#post101181169

De power of de Boardsies so to speak. Wonder will we get a mention. :-))

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement