Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,324 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Red Kev wrote: »
    My own experiences of pharmacies during my Dad's illness is that most of them are blatant rip offs.

My Dad was on about 700 tablets a month, I used to sort them by hand every week, then the local chemist got the blister pack sorter in. Started at €15, then €17, €20 and €25. When it went to €35 I said forget it, I'll go back to doing it by hand, so the price went back to €25.

I picked him up at the community Centre one day and they'd all been talking about the prices, turns out they were being charged everything from €10 to €30, no matter how many tablets they had. There was a woman there who is charged £4 in NI for the same service. This kind of price variation seems to be common in the area, €20 is the norm.

The thing about blister packs is that for the elderly it's a great help as there's no confusion involved and as a result it's something that's been taken advantage of by chemists. I've a second cousin who opened two pharmacies in rough areas of Dublin solely with the intention of distributing prescription uppers and downers to the locals, all perfectly legal. He did it with a chemist from the UK, who let it out that they made 4-5 times the profit in Ireland on that gear that they made in the UK.

When a town has more pharmacys than pubs you know it's a big money racket.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Same for bookies shops!

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

I'm guessing Joe will give the pharmacies a miss. There's an advert on the Liveline page for Lloyd's. Now that might be generated for me because I read the news story on it, but I think I remember hearing Lloyds pharmacy adverts during the Joe Duffy show before.

Not long to wait now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

We counted 8 on one stretch in Wexford town recently, must be a lot of sick people in Wexford

6 addresses below am sure there are more

Fehily’s Pharmacy, 28 S Main St, Wexford
    Fortune’s Pharmacy, 82 N Main St, Wexford
    Boots’s Pharmacy, 54 N Main St, Wexford
    Hassett’s Pharmacy, 9-11 N Main St, Wexford
    Sherwood’s Pharmacy, 2 N Main St, Wexford
    Sam McCauley Chemists, 8/10 N Main St, Wexford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Today...
    De 20 bags of undelivered post found in some house in Louth
    Should priests be getting paid at the funerals
    Social services card, the old are confused about them
    An Irishman has died in Australia, he emigrated to there in 1976, can we find any relatives.
    Damascus gate killing, perhaps another visit to this story

Is there a link at all to the missing post story? I had a load of Ticketmaster tickets not arriving around this time last year. Wrote into the GPO and everything about which they investigated and found nothing. It was definitely someone stealing in the sorting office.

misslemon wrote: »
    I'm guessing Joe will give the pharmacies a miss. There's an advert on the Liveline page for Lloyd's. Now that might be generated for me because I read the news story on it, but I think I remember hearing Lloyds pharmacy adverts during the Joe Duffy show before.

Not long to wait now anyway.

they were the main sponsor of LL until a few months back

monkey9 wrote: »
    Is there a link at all to the missing post story? I had a load of Ticketmaster tickets not arriving around this time last year. Wrote into the GPO and everything about which they investigated and found nothing. It was definitely someone stealing in the sorting office.

Were they for a Garret Brukes concert? if so I have bad news for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

We counted 8 on one stretch in Wexford town recently, must be a lot of sick people in Wexford

6 addresses below am sure there are more

Fehily’s Pharmacy, 28 S Main St, Wexford
    Fortune’s Pharmacy, 82 N Main St, Wexford
    Boots’s Pharmacy, 54 N Main St, Wexford
    Hassett’s Pharmacy, 9-11 N Main St, Wexford
    Sherwood’s Pharmacy, 2 N Main St, Wexford
    Sam McCauley Chemists, 8/10 N Main St, Wexford

All the shopping centres will have a pharmacy too

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Were they for a Garret Brukes concert? if so I have bad news for you

I've never been so insulted...

• Advertisement

they were the main sponsor of LL until a few months back

I hope Joe bears a grudge over them not paying them the big bucks anymore. I could do with some entertainment.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    All the shopping centres will have a pharmacy too

yeah the above are all on the one stretch of street, not to mention other streets, outskirts and shopping centres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

yeah the above are all on the one stretch of street, not to mention other streets, outskirts and shopping centres
    That must be the sickest street in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

misslemon wrote: »
    I hope Joe bears a grudge over them not paying them the big bucks anymore. I could do with some entertainment.
    Not a hope. They are too big for him to take on. He's more comfortable with companies who do people out of a few THOOOUUSAND euro

Will Joe plug the meeting he is hosting about de croime in the unadulterated kip?

Well done to whoever predicted this.

Will Joe plug the meeting he is hosting about de croime in the unadulterated kip?

I wouldn't be surprised if he has all Garda/crime stories so looks informed in front of the assistant commissioner. God forbid he should research for it himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Is this Sydney in county Louth ?

:rolleyes:

if they didn't care about him when he was alive hardy going to give a damn now unless he has a few bob which I doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

maybe he didnt want to set foot back here again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

You can bet your ass he will.

Get on to the Gooooogle Joe ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Have to agree with the above. It's sad but it's not really worthy of being put on the national airwaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Is one of the three twins doing research for him in Oz now?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

ashes?

Joe only deals in corpses

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

W-O-W !

Actually you never know, I'm guessing some punter will come on saying he went to school with him back in the 60s - and knew he went to Australia in the mid 70s...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Joe's new buke: 'Franks Ashes'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Sid should have said the bags were stuffed with cash. Relatives would be on for the rest of the week....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Do you want some more homeless people?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement