Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

you sit on your fat h0le doing very little for extraordinary money

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Red Kev wrote: »
    Corporate boxes, free tickets to premieres...disgraceful Joe.

jersey%20boys%207.jpg

joe-duffy-irish-premiere-of-dirty-dancingthe-classic-story-on-stage-d63250.jpg

ellie-duffy-joe-duffy-sean-duffy-jameson-dublin-international-film-dx4k63.jpg

More here.

Wasn't Joe claiming that the lad from the Olympia who looks after all the VIP's from yesterday, was known to us all?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,943 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

"Boxing the one sport where working class people can get on".

Ever heard of soccer or GAA Joe?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,202 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

What exactly was the point of that lady's call :confused:

WOULD YOU EVER GIVE OVER MENTIONING THE ****ING BOARDING PASS :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 82,321 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I get the impression the whole thing isn't going away with a fine of a can of coke and a bag of crisps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,832 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Joan been at the medicinal brandy it seems.

Why does he keep reading out the same stuff over and over again? :confused:

Does he think we weren't listening the first time, or are so stupid it needs to be repeated ad nauseum?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,360 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

When something damning comes out about PH, watch and listen as Joe forgets all about him.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

take your tongue out of Hickeys arse , getting embarrassing listening to Joe now

IT'S NOT TCH!!

FFS!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

This is ridiculous.

"That's what's they said." Jesus Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

is hickey in the same hospital that console and rehab ceo go to

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

he must be a friend or a friend of a friend to carry on with this rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I wonder is the email evidence using email addresses that work from anywhere in the world, like Joe's?

And as short "pat@oci.ie"??:rolleyes:

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Why does he keep reading out the same stuff over and over again? :confused:

Does he think we weren't listening the first time, or are so stupid it needs to be repeated ad nauseum?

I'd say a lot of the listenership are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

Red Kev wrote: »
    Corporate boxes, free tickets to premieres...disgraceful Joe.

jersey%20boys%207.jpg

joe-duffy-irish-premiere-of-dirty-dancingthe-classic-story-on-stage-d63250.jpg

ellie-duffy-joe-duffy-sean-duffy-jameson-dublin-international-film-dx4k63.jpg

More here.

reminds me of Gerry Ryan, both would say they have their finger on the pulse of what the ordinary man on the street or housewife are thinking and they are just one of them themselves using their shows to vent..... and 10 minutes after Gerry would mention that at the weekend he was in a Croake Park box, smoking cigars, drinking fine wines and eating the best of foods. These ****ers have or had no idea

OMG, I'm not the better of listening to that show - how I didn't crash the shiny new Beemer the garage gave me this morning while my car is in hospital (like Pat Hickey), I don't know.

I don't like personal abuse on boards - but oh my God, Duffy is an awful fool :mad:

No Eileen we haven't been hearing the story. We've been hearing Joe trying to make excuses for pat hickey.

Kathryn Thomas :eek:

Bye-eeeeeeeeee!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

15.04,It's over for another day:D

The next Funny Friday will surely contain a song about Pat Hickey to the tune of Copacabana.

"His name was Patrick, he was a chancer
    With a green jacket on his back and wads of cash in his backpack"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well the bold pat hickey said no to the minister for sport wanting an independent person to be involved in the investigation into the tickets so what do you think AD ?

I don't care one way or the other about Shane Ross, but Pat Hickey refusing the request of the Irish Sports Minister to have an independent representative on the OCI's inquiry board, (even though it might be admired as 'chutzpah' by Mick Clifford :( ), would not have dispelled suspicions of wrongdoing by PH and his sleazy operation.

snubbleste wrote: »
    CqDz6sUWIAAeLdS.jpg

Annalise Murphy is the one person out of that picture who will be still remembered with pride in years to come, when Pat Hickey is, hopefully, rotting in a Brazilian jail and Shane Ross has been consigned to the back of our memories.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

To answer the earlier question. It was off-white.
    pathickey-1-1024x674.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Annalise Murphy is the one person out of that picture who will be still remembered with pride in years to come, when Pat Hickey is, hopefully, rotting in a Brazilian jail and Shane Ross has been consigned to the back of our memories a state board.

FYP

2smiggy wrote: »
    this is great stuff. Embarrassing for the country, but might begin to clean things up a bit.

Have a look at the examiner articles from the last few days going on about how great and powerful Pat Hickey is. I can't wait to see there next articles

Mick Clifford admiring Pat Hickey's 'chutzpah'. :(

snubbleste wrote: »
    To answer the earlier question. It was off-white.
    pathickey-1-1024x674.jpg

I do enjoy seeing that picture!! Couldn't happen to a nicer man!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Looks like ace broadcaster Joe Duffy's pressure on the Olympic crowd has paid off as a number of judges have been suspended. Patrick who rang in about being offered a gold Rolex in Grozny is also in the line for the Pulitzer Prize. Even the might of the OCI in Rio listens with bended ear to "The Great One".
    Here is the full statement from Aiba, regarding the news that they have dropped a number of boxing judges and referees at the Rio Games after a number of “decisions that were not at the level expected.”

Following recent judging decisions and after carrying out a thorough examination by the relevant Commission, Aiba has decided to take immediate and appropriate actions.

Since the beginning of the Olympic Games, Aiba has conducted 239 bouts. The AIBA R&J Commission has reviewed all decisions and determined that less than a handful of the decisions were not at the level expected and consequently it has been decided in accordance with the Aiba R&J evaluation committee that the concerned referees and judges will no longer officiate at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. In accordance with AIBA Rules the result of all the bouts will stand.

Aiba represents 200 National Federations and has continuously sought to evolve the sport of boxing and continuously strive to ensure a level playing field. AIBA will not shy away from its responsibilities and is fully committed to a zero tolerance policy towards fair play in boxing, always acting in the boxers’ utmost interest. The Olympic Games represent the pinnacle of all sports and Boxing has been part of this since 1904. It is essential AIBA stands to the values of respect, sportsmanship, excellence and remains committed to a fair and transparent sport.

With regard to corruption, we would like to strongly restate that unless tangible proof is put forward, not rumours, we will continue to use any means, including legal or disciplinary actions to protect our sport and its R&J community whose integrity is constantly put into question. The organization will not be deterred by subjective judgements made by discontented parties. We welcome all parties to come forward and provide evidence in order to take appropriate and immediate action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Not much point sacking the gamekeeper,the deer are still dead and the poachers walk into the sunset smiling and their arse pockets bulging..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement