Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,323 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Listening to Today FM now he has been charged with ticket touting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Listening to Today FM now he has been charged with ticket touting.

Footage on the Independent website of him being arrested in his hotel room. Reporting on the news that his missus told the police that he had "already left the country" before they found him elsewhere in the hotel.

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/latin-america/watch-incredible-footage-as-oci-president-pat-hickey-is-confronted-by-brazilian-police-34973871.html

tbh, the off track dramatics have been more interesting than anything that has been going on during the actual Olympic events.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Brendan-Duffy-i

Waistcoats seem to be a Duffy affectation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Just thinking there, I bet Pat Hickey wishes he'd been a lot nicer to the Government Minister, now that he may need a bit of consular assistance.

M

Just thinking there, I bet Pat Hickey wishes he'd been a lot nicer to the Government Minister, now that he may need a bit of consular assistance.

Indeed, on Matt Cooper earlier at about 9 mins in they said there was an email previously between Pat Hickey's solicitor and Pat Hickey telling him to put Shane Ross back in his box as a strategy to dealing with calls for an independent enquiry so to speak :pac:...

http://www.todayfm.com/player/listen_back/7/31361/17th_August_2016_-_The_Last_Word_with_Matt_Cooper_Part_1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,832 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Haha the humble pat hickey(joes good friend) has stepped down. I wonder how he's going to address this tomorrow so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

tomorrows gonna be EPIC.

:D

(if, ya know, joe doesnt ignore it entirely)

Mr Joseph Duffy Q.C, S.C. will again appear for Mr. Hickey tomorrow in the Court of Public Opinion. Mr Duffy commands great weight as a legal authority on Insufferable Arseholes. He took (exclusively to wearing) silk in 1991.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

god i HOPE someone comes on and talks about hickey the way duffy was talking about putin today.

the mush on him will be priceless.

someone GOT to ask why he tried to do a runner.

M

Wonder will Joe change his tune tomorrow and question whoy a now "unwell" man is being questioned about the goings on?

It will be a complete reversal to today show where he described... "Pat Hickey 71, still a young very fit man obviously..." 14 minutes in here to todays show...

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline/#2260839

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,204 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Wonder will Joe change his tune tomorrow and question whoy a now "unwell" man is being questioned about the goings on?

It will be a complete reversal to today show where he described... "Pat Hickey 71, still a young very fit man obviously..." 14 minutes in here to todays show...

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/liveline/#2260839

That line - said with such conviction - coupled with later, in the same show, telling how he'd been carted off to hospital with a pre-existing heart condition, is a prime example of just what an out and out, shameless bullshítter Joe is :mad:

The utter GALL of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

JD: Pat, are you sure you listed those tickets on Donedealio (Brazilian Donedeal), theres no one else here

2016-08-13_lif_23644324_I1.JPG

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

dvcireland wrote: »
    JD: Pat, are you sure you listed those tickets on Donedealio (Brazilian Donedeal), theres no one else here

2016-08-13_lif_23644324_I1.JPG

Ah John Delaney, another man on Duffy-money so to speak.....

Red Kev wrote: »
    Corporate boxes, free tickets to premieres...disgraceful Joe.

jersey%20boys%207.jpg

joe-duffy-irish-premiere-of-dirty-dancingthe-classic-story-on-stage-d63250.jpg

ellie-duffy-joe-duffy-sean-duffy-jameson-dublin-international-film-dx4k63.jpg

More here.

I commented on this before regarding his spending - he wouldn't spend Christmas so to speak. The only things he ever goes to are junkets and freebies so to speak.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    :eek:

Hope he has a bulletproof vest :eek:

So it's THG now, rather than THC which he was calling it earlier?

This is absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt, the worst - the WORST - of tabloid, shoddy, biased, unprofessional broadcasting I have EVER heard! And I know I've said that before, but oh my God this show takes the biscuit.

Butterssuki, if you're reading this, make sure you've taken your blood pressure medication before listening back!!

I cannot believe this is actually allowed on air!

Just reading the thread now, I'm too tired to listen back tonight but I will do so tomorrow so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Please not Delaney

Not a chance, most Olympic committees are filled with nefarious white collar thugs.

The best proof of that is that the next head of the OCI has more or less been annointed; one John Delaney of the FAI. You really couldn't make this crap up.

That's news to me, but I'm not one bit surprised.

Did you like my PM Kev? ;)

This inarticulate muppet was an international boxing judge?

No, Joe Duffy is a broadcaster telephonist in RTE. :rolleyes:

monkey9 wrote: »
    Butterski: "What colour is this line, Joe?"

I'll do the jokes around here monkey.

I'm reading the thread (I haven't yet heard the show) but I've never thanked so many posts in one day before. To have heard this LAHV so to speak must have been amazeballs, the Gold-est (as Joe would likely say himself) of Lahv Lahn Gold so to speak. I can't wait to listen to de podcast so to speak.

• Advertisement

I'm guessing Joe won't be covering news about how Conor McGregor does on Saturday night.

He will if someone duz do de dyeing.

Hope to hear "Butterski on Line 1, go ahead caller". over the next 90 minutes. :pac:

Oh if ONLY I could tell that story publicly Kev.............

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Brilliant !!! A. Brazilian press conference is in Portuguese.

Was Joe expecting it in Brazilian? I've said this before, every time I think he can't do or say anything dumber, he outdoes himself so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,832 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Was Joe expecting it in Brazilian? I've said this before, every time I think he can't do or say anything dumber, he outdoes himself so to speak.

I don't think Joe knows what language they speak in de Rio so to speak.Ah sure look it our Joe never ceases to amaze us butterssuki so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

By Joe's reckoning, if someone from France is arrested here, the guards should give a press conference in French.

sligojoek wrote: »
    By Joe's reckoning, if someone from France is arrested here, the guards should give a press conference in French.

Joe: Textez Noose MAIN-tennant at Sank Une Dooble Sank Une syl vooz plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Joe: Textez Noose MAIN-tennant at Sank Une Dooble Sank Une syl vooz plate.
    From anyvere in ze vorld.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Annalise Murphy is the one person out of that picture who will be still remembered with pride in years to come, when Pat Hickey is, hopefully, rotting in a Brazilian jail and Shane Ross has been consigned to the back of our memories.

please photoshop this pic so that Pat is in his dressing gown!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Not a chance, most Olympic committees are filled with nefarious white collar thugs.

The best proof of that is that the next head of the OCI has more or less been annointed; one John Delaney of the FAI. You really couldn't make this crap up.

But Delaney is on €360,000 a year at the FAI and is one of the world's most admired administrators. The OCI will have to offer 400k minimum for such a talent.

• Advertisement

goose2005 wrote: »
    But Delaney is on €360,000 a year at the FAI and is one of the world's most admired administrators.......in the Delaney household. The OCI will have to offer 400k minimum for such a talent.

FYP.

Talk to anyone senior in the club (League of Ireland) scene and you may get a very different perspective on Mr. Delaney so to speak......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement