Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

Tomorrow is a Dickie Friday so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Is this for real? Duffy has me blocked on the Twitter machine, so to speak.

Yeah, he changed his photo profile to that photo and this is his bio, I bet he couldn't wait to add author to it
    Author ;Children of the Rising .Currently researching Children Of the Troubles 1968-98 . All information appreciated on those who died to joed1916@gmail.com

Joe was quite enjoying Siobhan hinting at all the dark things she might do tonight.

Those poor Liveline cleaners...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Smondie

That_Guy wrote: »
    Murder and an affair in the one afternoon.

Sodom and Gomorrah :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Get your dickie out for the lads!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Yeah, he changed his photo profile to that photo and this is his bio, I bet he couldn't wait to add author to it

That email address may come in handy......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I see he's doing Children Of The Troubles...

https://twitter.com/talktojoe1850?lang=en

tFBWVgzB_400x400.jpg

let's bombard him with fake stories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

He is utterly shameless.

Explains why the peace women were own last week, though. He can now claim it was due to listener interest that he embarked on his latest cash cow.

It does indeed. And it won't be long before we have a week of shows dedicated to tracking down that kid in the photo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Just flicking through Joe's Twitter, he can't even spell Dunloe right even though it's in the photo he retweeted.

FWIW Dunloe = Kerry, Dungloe = Donegal.

Twat.

https://twitter.com/talktojoe1850/status/755035597283221504

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Fujitsu10 wrote: »
    Tomorrow is a Dickie Friday so?

Yah. Sh]t. I need to UNfollow this thread pronto!

• Advertisement

Red Kev wrote: »
    Just flicking through Joe's Twitter, he can't even spell Dunloe right even though it's in the photo he retweeted.

FWIW Dunloe = Kerry, Dungloe = Donegal.

Twat.

https://twitter.com/talktojoe1850/status/755035597283221504
    And what's with all the bad photogtaphs of sunsets in Clontarf?

My favourite picture from Joe's twitter is this one. I assume it's some kind of hitlist.

https://twitter.com/talktojoe1850/status/503267789332025344

• Registered Users Posts: 82,324 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I wonder will Joe go up to the loyalist areas for research so to speak. I'm sure they would welcome him with open arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

My favourite picture from Joe's twitter is this one. I assume it's some kind of hitlist.

Fuppin eejit

I wonder will Joe go up to the loyalist areas for research so to speak. I'm sure they would welcome him with open arms.

Well he's not exactly going to be welcome in SF/Republican areas either.....

ThisRegard wrote: »
    It does indeed. And it won't be long before we have a week of shows dedicated to tracking down that kid in the photo.

Or a recording of his "voyiss"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I like to think that that's Joes regular handwriting, as in, it's normally that size and everything.

Probably some in-joke among the Noel Kelly "talent" pool.

No apparently it was to do with the Ice Bucket challenge a couple of years back

I could repeatedly watch Duffy being bombarded with buckets of ice-cold water in the face

Why does he do that cringeworthy, camp voice?

Corporate boxes, free tickets to premieres...disgraceful Joe.

ellie-duffy-joe-duffy-sean-duffy-jameson-dublin-international-film-dx4k63.jpg

That's from the premiere screening of Argo. WHO goes to a mooooovie/fillum in a suit? Would you not prefer to be more comfortable?

As for his pochette (that's pocket square in English, and hanky to Joe - it probably is one of his Guineys 4 for €1 hankies tbh), that four pronged look he's sporting went out in the 80s. But then again for a man who wears stockbroker shirts and braces to answer a phone I guess anything is possible.

It's better than the red velure waistcoat I suppose.

No apparently it was to do with the Ice Bucket challenge a couple of years back

I could repeatedly watch Duffy being bombarded with buckets of ice-cold water in the face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJBefsbCt0g

Why does he do that cringeworthy, camp voice?

Because he's a tool.

• Advertisement

Will be walking the dogs later and hope to listen back to yesterday's show as I do so so to speak.

looking fwd to hearing what frame you put on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Will be walking the dogs later and hope to listen back to yesterday's show as I do so so to speak.

Try not to kick the poor 'oul mutts in anger when you do listen to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,833 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yeah open arms that the safety would be turned off on fairly quickly.

sligojoek wrote: »
    looking fwd to hearing what frame you put on it.

Jesus H. Christ. I listened earlier. "No bias" and "no opinion" (he has frequently said "I'm not allowed give my opinion") from Duffy? There were more crazy explanations and excuses yesterday from Joe in spite of all of the available evidence than Johnnie Cochran spouted at the OJ trial. The last time I heard shoyte like that coming out of someone's mouth was when I was listening to Bertie Ahern explain his finances at the Mahon Tribunal.

How does he get away with this? SMMFH.

He can't even grasp the basic elements of any story; for example, he kept calling THG by the wrong name, he got completely confused as to who he was talking to when he came back from the RTE reporter in Rio (who couldn't use his phone btw), his questions were as utterly bizarre as his explanations for Hickey's "shenanigans", and he threw a strop when Brian wouldn't agree with him. As for his knowledge of matters Crimea-Russian, I'd say my dogs know more about it than Duffy displayed yesterday.

Joe, when you're reading this, have a think about the following quote before your next show:
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

I see he's doing Children Of The Troubles...

https://twitter.com/talktojoe1850?lang=en

tFBWVgzB_400x400.jpg
    The Troubles is probably the best-documented conflict in history. Every death is known, there are multiple books and services, there is no need to research this
    adamandevejpg_tshirt.jpg?width=350&height=350&Filters=%5B%7B%22name%22%3A%22crop%22%2C%22value%22%3A%7B%22x%22%3A58.3%2C%22y%22%3A0%2C%22w%22%3A233.3%2C%22h%22%3A280.0%7D%2C%22sequence%22%3A1%7D%2C%7B%22name%22%3A%22background%22%2C%22value%22%3A%22F2F2F2%22%2C%22sequence%22%3A2%7D%5D

Adam and Eve are hardly a model couple, noted for disobeying god, lying to god, talking to snakes, getting kicked out of the garden, and then one of their sons murders the other one.

Try not to kick the poor 'oul mutts in anger when you do listen to it.

My dogs are to me what misery is to Joe, cherished and loved. So no kicking so to speak.

goose2005 wrote: »
    The Troubles is probably the best-documented conflict in history. Every death is known, there are multiple books and services, there is no need to research this

But nun a dem bukes are written in Dubalinese, printed in Germany and the profits going to a publicity-seeking death enthusiast. Joe has spotted a gap in de market so to speak as he's so much cleverer than youz so to speak.

Wouldn't it be great if the Shinners/Republicans hijacked it and called it
    "Childers of the Rising 2: Republican Norn Iron"

Joe: and I'm told on de Twitter dat de name of de lickle bhoy is Patrick and dat everyone did call him Lickle Patrick. Isn't dat an amazing coincidence so to speak dat lickle Patrick was on de corner of Lickle Patrick Street so to speak. Wonderful, fantastic so to speak. And dat tweet did come in from @poneill, thanks a thousind @poneill whoever you are and indeed wherever you are in the world to send dat tweet so to speak.

Producer (in Joe's ear): Poneill is the Ra Joe, someone's winding you up

Joe: ah for....back after deeze. 51551 but not if you're P O'Neill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

That_Guy wrote: »
    What he believes is stupid for sure but nobody is forcing anybody to go to it. Why would you go just to be offended?

Perhaps if you're a regular poster on the Liveline thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement