Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline thread 12/08/16 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

My dogs are to me what misery is to Joe, cherished and loved. So no kicking so to speak.

What colour are the dogs?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Is today a Dickie Rock special?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

snubbleste wrote: »

Was just about to post the warning on that, stay away unless you're a glutton, or having a blue rinse at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

is he dead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

is he dead?

No, not yet.

Seems it's his 50th wedding anniversary or some other spurious reason. A major piece of self indulgence on Joe's part. Invited guests only, no riff-raff. Anything really to deflect from the Pat Hickey story, i.e. the one that's in the top 3 of most news agencies worldwide.

Back after dese.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Hitchens

is he dead?
    Probably, but like Syl, he just won't lie down! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,361 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

LiveLine - Totally Ignoring the Stories That Others Dare Not Touch!

There will be a continually renewing string of drivel-ish nonsense topics coming into the researchers' inboxes, so Joe is never at a loss for some piece of auld shoyte to concentrate on for the day, instead of paying attention to the news-worthy events that don't suit him.
    Almost guaranteed, that if there's something negative happening to one of his favourites, or one of the Golden Circle that Joe has had his tongue up the ass of, we'll get an item about neighbour disputes in Ballybunnion or stray dogs in the capital.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Yep, so it's Spit on me Dickie instead of I spit on your grave today....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    LiveLine - Totally Ignoring the Stories That Others Dare Not Touch!

He did try to go the Pat Hickey route, but seems to have massively misunderstood the public feeling on it with his whole 'misunderstandings' and 'lost in translation' rubbish. So rather than revisit the topic he's going to pretend the first show on it never happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'm looking forward to the promo.

Wonderful, marvelous, fantastic, legendary etc, ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

• Advertisement

I notice Ronan didn't say what "might" be on your liveline.

"Still as big today"

He's a fu*king has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i had forgotten about the dickie rock special today till i opened the thread. Was there any mention of this pre the Pat Hickey defending by Joe. It seems all very convenient. Also, 50th anniversary of what ?

His wedding, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

sligojoek wrote: »
    His wedding, I think.

sweet Jesus , A whole show dedicated to him, just for enduring 50 years of marriage :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,205 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

ThisRegard wrote: »
    He did try to go the Pat Hickey route, but seems to have massively misunderstood the public feeling on it with his whole 'misunderstandings' and 'lost in translation' rubbish. So rather than revisit the topic he's going to pretend the first show on it never happened.

This bit just occurred to me this morning.

If he had the slightest bit of regard for his listeners, having devoted most of the previous show to the Hickey debacle he could easily have mentioned yesterday that although they'd covered it the previous day they weren't going to cover it yesterday for X reason (he could have made one up if he'd wanted).

But no, he does a complete ostrich on it, and just pretends it never happened.

Did he think we wouldn't notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

On top of being a convenient excuse to bury the Pat Hickey story, today's show is effectively a 75minute ad for the Dickie Rock cabaret show (no doubt coming soon to a community centre near you)......paid for by the taxpayer. It's not like he can claim it's a music show and get it through that way, this is supposedly a caller driven show that discusses topical matters of national interest. There is no logical reason for this show to progress, save to line Rock's pockets. Does ANYONE in RTÉ have any editorial control over Duffy at all? How could this be allowed?

Question: Is Rock managed by Noel Kelly too? If he is that's a complete abuse of power and the national broadcaster's resources - again.

monkey9 wrote: »
    What colour are the dogs?

West Highland White Terriers (Westies). I have two so to speak, like Gaybo apparently.

Maybe I am Gaybo?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

If anyone would like to sponsor me to go the full 75 minutes today please visit my page, all proceeds go to getting my head examined so to speak!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    This bit just occurred to me this morning.

If he had the slightest bit of regard for his listeners, having devoted most of the previous show to the Hickey debacle he could easily have mentioned yesterday that although they'd covered it the previous day they weren't going to cover it yesterday for X reason (he could have made one up if he'd wanted).

But no, he does a complete ostrich on it, and just pretends it never happened.

Did he think we wouldn't notice?

Ah, yeah. This is Duffy. He hope we've forgotten what happened before the previous break most days.

• Advertisement

If anyone would like to sponsor me to go the full 75 minutes today please visit my page, all proceeds go to getting my head examined!

I'm not sure any counsellor would take you as a patient if that's what the cause of your troubles would be...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Switched over to news talk for a different lunchtime news and whose there yapping on , Our old pal Mannix going on about 24 hr. Transport for Dublin , he moved on quickly from yesterday's shock and outrage , the man can't stop talking , does he have some kind of syndrome where he just can't stop .

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I don't think I can ever knock de Live Lahnnnnnnn callers or host ever again. Happened to have the radio on last night and stumbled across a talk radio phone show on FM104. Oh be the holy, only lasted 15 minutes but it would put most live lahnnnnn callers in the 'normal' bracket. I felt half the callers were a set up as people couldn't go on like that really. Calling people, whores/sluts/fookers the works, no expunges there!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,700 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Spit on me Dickie!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

is he dead?

For years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

sligojoek wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the promo.

Wonderful, marvelous, fantastic, legendary etc, ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

"....but enough about me, today we have Dickie Rock on the show..."

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

2smiggy wrote: »
    sweet Jesus , A whole show dedicated to him, just for enduring 50 years of marriage :(

Should be dedicated to his missus for having to look at him..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

West Highland White Terriers (Westies). I have two so to speak, like Gaybo apparently.

Maybe I am Gaybo?

Dear Oh Dear....... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Oops69 wrote: »
    , Our old pal Mannix going on about 24 hr. Transport for Dublin , he moved on quickly from yesterday's shock and outrage , the man can't stop ta .

Caller: "I've no problem with that idea Mannix. Just a few questions: Where is the money coming from? is it from a new tax (if so, who pays the new tax) or are you cutting existing services (if so, which ones). Concrete answers please and don't blame the bondholders, NAMA, Seanie Fitzpatrick etc. etc.
    Hello Mannix?
    Hello?"
    Joe: "Bad line caller, back after dese".

I like how British Pathe dubbed the screaming women over this footage of de wedding.

http://www.britishpathe.com/video/dickie-rock-takes-a-bride

I'm out, have a good weekend, pray for Pat Hickey as I hear he's been "unwell" in Rio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,361 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

It's a pity Dickie Rock's car didn't break down.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement